Palestinian youth in Gaza

US drone strikes could be classed as war crimes, says Amnesty International

Joint report with Human Rights Watch judges US attacks in Yemen and Pakistan to have broken international human rights law

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/22/amnesty-us-officials-war-crimes-drones

I called the attacks collective punishment.

Amnesty and HRW call drone attacks unlawful and perhaps war crimes.

I have not read their report to see the basis for their conclusions.

But I know it has to do with an unlawful targeting of civilians in these attacks.

Last edited:
see above coyote------sherri---you doppleganger has characterized the drone attacks
against known murderers and baby throat slitters as "collective punishment"

Those who slit throats are to be HONORED BY THE WORLD

Wasn't it you that said shooting rockets randomly at Israelis cities and schools, although aggression, is also considered an act of resistance? What do you think happens when rockets land or bombs go off in restaurants and nurseries?

No. Here is what I said:
Mixed up Coyote:
Their terrorist activities are intended to get rid of what they consider an occupation - or acts of war.

Aha, I see, so you think shooting rockets at cities or blowing up buses or schools are legitimate acts of resistance. But Israelis defending such criminal acts of aggression and war against their people and state, are engaging in illegal "collective punishments".

How sweet. :cuckoo:

Now ask me if I care what you think

As usual Roudy, *you* put your own spin on my words. Very dishonest tactics Roudy - is that the only way you can make your point?

Brush up on your reading skills or cease lying. I word things very carefully in hopes that people like you will understand what I'm saying - obviously I'm overly optimistic :)

My words and the original post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/8031143-post67.html
I would say "apples and oranges". It's not an intent to "punish" them. Israel's reactions to this are to collectively punish the entire civilian population. You have to be in a position of power to do that.Their terrorist activities are intended to get rid of what they consider an occupation - or acts of war.

That is not what *I consider* - it is *their* point of view I am stating and you are trying to spin it into *my point of view*. Get a grip on your hate Roudy.

As far as Israel - they have an absolute right to defend against terrorist attacks on their citizens - but that "right" has limits. Bombing targets where the rockets are coming from is legitimate. Taking out terrorists resposible for those attacks is legitimate. Collectively punishing the entire civilian population is not legitimate.

see above coyote------sherri---you doppleganger has characterized the drone attacks
against known murderers and baby throat slitters as "collective punishment"

Those who slit throats are to be HONORED BY THE WORLD

Drone attacks are not collective punishment Rosie. I thought we were already clear on that.

US drone strikes could be classed as war crimes, says Amnesty International

Joint report with Human Rights Watch judges US attacks in Yemen and Pakistan to have broken international human rights law

US drone strikes could be classed as war crimes, says Amnesty International | World news | The Guardian

I called the attacks collective punishment.

Amnesty and HRW call drone attacks unlawful and perhaps war crimes.

I have not read their report to see the basis for their conclusions.

But I know it has to do with an unlawful targeting of civilians in these attacks.
Yes, anytime people defend themselves from Islamic lunatics, it's considered a war crime! :rofl:

Last edited:
No. Here is what I said:
Mixed up Coyote:

Aha, I see, so you think shooting rockets at cities or blowing up buses or schools are legitimate acts of resistance. But Israelis defending such criminal acts of aggression and war against their people and state, are engaging in illegal "collective punishments".

How sweet. :cuckoo:

Now ask me if I care what you think

As usual Roudy, *you* put your own spin on my words. Very dishonest tactics Roudy - is that the only way you can make your point?

Brush up on your reading skills or cease lying. I word things very carefully in hopes that people like you will understand what I'm saying - obviously I'm overly optimistic :)

My words and the original post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/8031143-post67.html
I would say "apples and oranges". It's not an intent to "punish" them. Israel's reactions to this are to collectively punish the entire civilian population. You have to be in a position of power to do that.Their terrorist activities are intended to get rid of what they consider an occupation - or acts of war.

That is not what *I consider* - it is *their* point of view I am stating and you are trying to spin it into *my point of view*. Get a grip on your hate Roudy.

As far as Israel - they have an absolute right to defend against terrorist attacks on their citizens - but that "right" has limits. Bombing targets where the rockets are coming from is legitimate. Taking out terrorists resposible for those attacks is legitimate. Collectively punishing the entire civilian population is not legitimate.
They're shooting rockets at Israelis and running and hiding among a willing civilian population. If anybody is responsible for this "punishment" it's the Palestinian Hamas govt who sponsors such attacks, and the people that allow the terrorists to hide amongst them.

Israel is simply responding to these attacks, with measured responses. They're not bombing entire cities as Assad has done many times. The Palestinians should be grateful for the humanity of the Israelis in the face of their own barbarity.

They want the " collective punishment" to stop? Stop the friggin rockets. Hamas can make it happen in 24 hours. Up to them, not the Israelis.

They're shooting rockets at Israelis and running and hiding among a willing civilian population. If anybody is responsible for this "punishment" it's the Palestinian Hamas govt who sponsors such attacks, and the people that allow the terrorists to hide amongst them.

Israel is simply responding to these attacks, with measured responses. They're not bombing entire cities as Assad has done many times. The Palestinians should be grateful for the humanity of the Israelis in the face of their own barbarity.

They want the " collective punishment" to stop? Stop the friggin rockets. Hamas can make it happen in 24 hours. Up to them, not the Israelis.

Punishing civilians who have nothing to do with the attacks is collective punishment. It's as simple as that. They are punishing Gazan civilians for electing Hamas and that's wrong.

Like I said, I have no issue with them taking out those actually engaged in terrorist acts against Israel.

Punishing civilians who have nothing to do with the attacks is collective punishment. It's as simple as that. They are punishing Gazan civilians for electing Hamas and that's wrong.

Like I said, I have no issue with them taking out those actually engaged in terrorist acts against Israel.
Nah, they are responding to rockets being shot at them. Tell the truth.

I already pointed out the many different ways they can legitimately respond to rockets. It's not rocket science ;)

I already pointed out the many different ways they can legitimately respond to rockets. It's not rocket science ;)

The only legitimate way I see is to destroy the rocket launchers and if possible, destroy those manning it ;)

Really? They're shooting rockets from top of apartment buildings and in the middle of busy civilian areas, your suggestion is to shoot back where the rocket came from, which would kill a whole bunch of civilians. Plus the rocket shooters are long gone.

Put your focus on why Hamas doesn't want the shooting of rockets to stop, when they clearly can.

Really? They're shooting rockets from top of apartment buildings and in the middle of busy civilian areas, your suggestion is to shoot back where the rocket came from, which would kill a whole bunch of civilians. Plus the rocket shooters are long gone.

True, and that's a good point - but they have successfully used very carefully targeted drone attacks to take out individuals responsible for organizing these attacks with minimum civilian casualties. That's a more effective strategy.

Put your focus on why Hamas doesn't want the shooting of rockets to stop, when they clearly can.

Hamas is Hamas and as to "why" - it doesn't matter. That doesn't alter the fact that punishing an entire civilian population for the acts of extremists is wrong and broadly accepted as wrong, just as terrorism is.

Of course it does. This whole situation can be alleviated in a matter if 24 hours by Hamas. The leadership of the Palestinians is to blame for what is happening to them. You have is upside down. That's always been the case. Again, all that Hamas has to do, is something it is clearly capable of, stop the rockets.

True, and that's a good point - but they have successfully used very carefully targeted drone attacks to take out individuals responsible for organizing these attacks with minimum civilian casualties. That's a more effective strategy.

Hamas is Hamas and as to "why" - it doesn't matter. That doesn't alter the fact that punishing an entire civilian population for the acts of extremists is wrong and broadly accepted as wrong, just as terrorism is.

Coyote has a very opitimistic POV----she actually believes that Gazans IDENTIFY
the missile launcher people----put homing devices upon them and wait for Israel
to send a drone.

Of course it does. This whole situation can be alleviated in a matter if 24 hours by Hamas. The leadership of the Palestinians is to blame for what is happening to them. You have is upside down. That's always been the case. Again, all that Hamas has to do, is something it is clearly capable of, stop the rockets.

Israel's worst nightmare is that Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel.

The last thing they want is Hamas as a neighbor, violent or non-violent.

You present an interesting theory. Hoffie habibi ,, What is there about Hamas other
than the fact that it has declared itself dedicated to the destruction of Israel that you
"KNOW" would cause Israel to not want it as a neighbor?

Hamas has put a lot of effort into stopping all violence against Israel including stopping suicide bombing in 2006.

Ending the siege would stop the rockets so that is Israel's choice.

Hamas has put a lot of effort into stopping all violence against Israel including stopping suicide bombing in 2006.

Ending the siege would stop the rockets so that is Israel's choice.

BS muslims have been murdering jews for 1400 years. The only way
to stop it would be for 10s of thousands of Imams to announce in mosques
on friday afternoons------"I HAD A DREAM---ALLAH TOLD ME NOT TO KILL JEWS"

Forum List

Back