Palestinian youth in Gaza

As to why the Gazans are not allowed to travel freely to East Jerusalem and the West Bank, well Rocco used the perfect word to describe it; Quarantine.
Gazans are quarantined in Gaza because they present a serious threat to Israel. So allowing them to travel freely to EJ and the WB , which of course means they have to go through Israel, would put Israeli lives of danger. Hamas has said over and over that they are still fighting Israel through Jihad. Why would Israel put their citizens in danger??

Having said that, I must say that I feel bad for the good Palestinians in Gaza, the ones who wish to do no harm to Israel, the ones who just want to go to the West Bank or EJ to see family, friends etc... They are paying for the war-mongering jihadist mentality of their government. I think it is safe to say that these Palestinians, the non jihadist ones, represent a majority of Gaza. I don't believe that most Gazans wish to do harm to Israel.

Last edited:
As to why the Gazans are not allowed to travel freely to East Jerusalem and the West Bank, well Rocco used the perfect word to describe it; Quarantine.
Gazans are quarantined in Gaza because they present a serious threat to Israel. So allowing them to travel freely to EJ and the WB , which of course means they have to go through Israel, would put Israeli lives of danger. Hamas has said over and over that they are still fighting Israel through Jihad. Why would Israel put their citizens in danger??

Having said that, I must say that I feel bad for the good Palestinians in Gaza, the ones who wish to do no harm to Israel, the ones who just want to go to the West Bank or EJ to see family, friends etc... They are paying for the war-mongering jihadist mentality of their government. I think it is safe to say that these Palestinians, the non jihadist ones, represent a majority of Gaza. I don't believe that most Gazans wish to do harm to Israel.

your attitude is disgusting.

unless the are Hamas members and/or possess weapons, Gazans pose no more a threat to Israel than West Bankers.

Israel is trying to punish Gaza into voting out Hamas. Its collective punishment in order to create political change, aka terrorism.

unless the are Hamas members and/or possess weapons, Gazans pose no more a threat to Israel than West Bankers.

Israel is trying to punish Gaza into voting out Hamas. Its collective punishment in order to create political change, aka terrorism.

No, YOU are disgusting because you clearly don't give two shits about Israeli lives. Gazans DO pose a threat to Israel, and anyone who thinks otherwise either doesn't have much knowledge about the conflict or is full of himself. In your case, I would say both.

And BTW, there are plenty of checkpoints in the WB and heavy security, but none in Gaza, so how could you even compare them, ?

Do you agree that allowing Gazans to travel freely to the WB and EJ means passing through Israel ?

That makes no sense. If you have a problem with the 'occupation' go to Arafat's grave and tell him he's an idiot for not accepting the once in a life time offer that Israel gave him. You know, the offer in which the whole world freaked out with disbelief when he rejected it. Then of course there's the offer proposed by Ehud Olmert.

That makes no sense. If you have a problem with the 'occupation' go to Arafat's grave and tell him he's an idiot for not accepting the once in a life time offer that Israel gave him. You know, the offer in which the whole world freaked out with disbelief when he rejected it. Then of course there's the offer proposed by Ehud Olmert.

Olmert, the criminal, was in no position to make a peace offer.

Olmert, the criminal, was in no position to make a peace offer.

Criminal ?? LOL

You must be mistaking him with Arafat, who stole BILLIONS, not MILLION, but BILLIONS from his own people .

No, YOU are disgusting because you clearly don't give two shits about Israeli lives. Gazans DO pose a threat to Israel, and anyone who thinks otherwise either doesn't have much knowledge about the conflict or is full of himself. In your case, I would say both.

And BTW, there are plenty of checkpoints in the WB and heavy security, but none in Gaza, so how could you even compare them, ?

Do you agree that allowing Gazans to travel freely to the WB and EJ means passing through Israel ?

While Israel does face threats from Gaza in the form of potential terrorism, I think there is also an element of collective punishment for voting in Hamas - sanctions, blockades and restrictions came down heavily when that happened and I'm pretty sure the intention was to force the Gazans into political change.

Really? I thought it was simply a response to the known threat posed by HAMAS. Just read their Charter to see what HAMAS believes and identify their goals.

While Israel does face threats from Gaza in the form of potential terrorism, I think there is also an element of collective punishment for voting in Hamas - sanctions, blockades and restrictions came down heavily when that happened and I'm pretty sure the intention was to force the Gazans into political change.

What you call Collective Punishment is a result of Hamas aggression and war mongering mentality.

Allowing Gazans to pass through Israel freely to travel to the WB and EJ is a HUGE security risk for Israel. And that's not really up for debate .

Unfortunately, the youth in Gaza are not allowed to leave their concentration camp and hike in Palestine with other Palestinian youth.

The hiking is an activity denied to youth in Gaza.

Whenever a poster uses bizarre exaggerations like 'concentration camp' they mark themselves as an extremist and bigot, and they have no credibility except among members of the lunatic fringe.

And there's no evidence that hiking *within* Gaza is forbidden - unless HAMAS forbids it, like it does men doing hairdressing for women, etc.

I don't think so - I think it was also intended to punish the population. Containing a potential threat from Hamas would not require the kinds of measures they undertook such as imposing fishing restrictions on them which severely hampered their economy and effected, most directly, the average Gazan (just one example). Hamas won in a legally recognized election that was fair by all accounts. Hamas has always been there - it didn't suddenly pop up with elections.

What you call Collective Punishment is a result of Hamas aggression and war mongering mentality.

Allowing Gazans to pass through Israel freely to travel to the WB and EJ is a HUGE security risk for Israel. And that's not really up for debate .

I agree - and I see that point. But there are other portions aspects of Israel's reaction to the election of Hamas that can only be construed as collective punishment.

Unfortunately, the youth in Gaza are not allowed to leave their concentration camp and hike in Palestine with other Palestinian youth.

The hiking is an activity denied to youth in Gaza.

Whenever a poster uses bizarre exaggerations like 'concentration camp' they mark themselves as an extremist and bigot, and they have no credibility except among members of the lunatic fringe.

And there's no evidence that hiking *within* Gaza is forbidden - unless HAMAS forbids it, like it does men doing hairdressing for women, etc.

I agree comparisons of modern events to concentration camps, Nazi's, etc are usually linguistic red flags - I find it hard to take seriously whether they are directed at Israel (Zionazis) or Muslims (Islamonazis) - people don't know history :(

Hamas Charter

The fishing restrictions are in place because of the wide-spread smuggling which has been a way of life in Gaza.

I doubt the Israelis care about election fraud: I think it's a much bigger concern for them that some of their nearest neighbors are ruled by a cabal of fundy whackadoodles who claim Jews were responsible for the French Revolution and anything else those HAMASsholes felt like accusing Jews of.....

If Canada elected a government whose platform was taking over the US and killing us all - do you seriously think we'd care if they'd gotten in by a 'fair and free' election? I tend to doubt it.

"But there are other portions aspects of Israel's reaction to the election of Hamas that can only be construed as collective punishment. "

I could believe 'which I can only construe as' - but since I don't agree with you it's obvious there are other POV's. We could try to examine aspects of Israeli policy and the explanations given for those situations by Israel...... I know that with a lot of these supposed 'outrages' it turns out the Israelis are not just acting on a whim, as the 'activists' continually insist.

Forum List

Back