🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Palm Sunday 2023

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I just realized that it was today. I'm not sure if it's right to say happy Palm Sunday though because shortly after today Jesus was arrested and executed. Well anyways, I'll at least keep it in mind though.

Is that what they're saying? Wow, that just turned dark really quickly. 😳
FJB...Jesus Christ Superstar is based on the premise that Christ was sort of railroaded into martyrdom and that Judas was a necessary victim.
Jesus knew his fate..and it horrified him. Important to read the lyrics on this one. It is NOT pro-Christianity..why the play was so very controversial~
In Hey Sanna...as you listen, notice how the chorus changes as the song goes on.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
FJB...Jesus Christ Superstar is based on the premise that Christ was sort of railroaded into martyrdom and that Judas was a necessary victim.
Jesus knew his fate..and it horrified him.

None of that is exactly false if you look at it from the POV that Jesus had to die in order for all of us to be free of our sins. He didn't want to die but in the end did so out of love for us. This song actually proves all of those points.

So not really anti-Christianity except for the fact that its primary focus on the human life of Jesus and not His life as the Son of God. I think that's more of the controversy. It never said He wasn't the Son of God though although it never said that He was either.

In biblical times, it was a sign of victory. Armies, winning kings, generals, and heroes were welcomed into a city or town by people waving palms.
Which, of course, was a problem for Jesus. The Pharisees and the Sadducees fought a lot between each-other, but they united in their fear of Jesus accumulating secular power and causing the Romans..with whom the Jewish leadership had a working relationship ..to clamp down on Judea.
Thus, when Jesus rolled into town with the crowd acclaiming him via the Palm welcome--it was the last straw for the Sanhedrin.

It is ironic that just 70 years later, the Romans did indeed get fed up with the Jews in Judea...and killed or enslaved all of them.

Thus, the Diaspora~

Which, of course, was a problem for Jesus. The Pharisees and the Sadducees fought a lot between each-other, but they united in their fear of Jesus accumulating secular power and causing the Romans..with whom the Jewish leadership had a working relationship ..to clamp down on Judea.
Thus, when Jesus rolled into town with the crowd acclaiming him via the Palm welcome--it was the last straw for the Sanhedrin.

It is ironic that just 70 years later, the Romans did indeed get fed up with the Jews in Judea...and killed or enslaved all of them.

Thus, the Diaspora~
That was forty years later. A generation, as the NT avers.

Yeah..i was going from the Birth...so yeah. 40 years from his death~
Getting the chronology right should help to inform us of the veracity of the Bible. Your post that I responded to was amazingly insightful, though I wouldn't call Rome's war with Judea ironic; I'd call it prophetic.

Forum List

Back