Parking & Common Sense.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
Some guy ran into my truck while backing his car out of a parking spot the other day. Said he didn't see me.

Why do people pull forward into parking spots when they know they are going to have to back up into a lane of traffic when they leave that parking spot?

What is the reasoning that they are using when they decide to pull forward into a parking spot?

was it an older person...we no longer turn our necks...if you cant be seen in our mirrors you do not exist *stepping back a few steps*

Some guy ran into my truck while backing his car out of a parking spot the other day. Said he didn't see me.

Why do people pull forward into parking spots when they know they are going to have to back up into a lane of traffic when they leave that parking spot?

What is the reasoning that they are using when they decide to pull forward into a parking spot?
Are you suggesting that people should back into the parking spots so that they can pull forward when the leave.

Are you suggesting that people should back into the parking spots so that they can pull forward when the leave.
It seems like common sense to me. Backing into traffic is much more dangerous than pulling forward into traffic.

Because they are too lazy to back in, or, to find a spot where they can pull forward into another empty spot. New cars are so awesome in this way because they have indicators on the cars telling you if cars are coming to your left or right when you back in.

I always try to find a spot I can pull into so I'm facing forward, but it's not always possible.

It seems like common sense to me. Backing into traffic is much more dangerous than pulling forward into traffic.
Backing into a parking spot can be more difficult than backing out. Backing out of a parking spot should be much easier than backing into one.

If you are old and can not drive safely, you should not be on the road.

Most people live in the moment giving no thought about thinking ahead. I feel deep sorrow for your truck because I have a new pickup. Did you get the guy's tag number? Did the guy just run off? Did you call the cops?

Because they are too lazy to back in,
But the thing is, it is much easier to back in than to back out. So the laziness theory doesn't jibe.

Most people live in the moment giving no thought about thinking ahead. I feel deep sorrow for your truck because I have a new pickup. Did you get the guy's tag number? Did the guy just run off? Did you call the cops?

But the thing is, it is much easier to back in than to back out. So the laziness theory doesn't jibe.

I think ahead and this is how I accomplish a dent free pickup. I park far away from the store doors where there is few if any cars. I take up four parking spaces. Most people have a herding behavior and park as close as they can to the store doors. I have to do more walking but walking is good exercise.

Yeah well not for everyone. some people just can not do it, like parallel parking.
I agree with you, but, some people are just not very good drivers.....

Yeah well not for everyone. some people just can not do it, like parallel parking.

I took my first drivers test in 1967 when I turned 16 and passed when I had not taken Drivers Education Course in High School. Parallel parking was a requirement to pass the test way back in the day.

Only because they have not been taught how to drive. When I used to teact give defensive driving courses the studentn's most dangerous actions resulted from not thinking ahead, lack of situational awareness and distractions.

Please tell me that you are not reading this on your IPAD while going 95mph in bumper to bumper traffic on the Chicago loop.

They can learn Bonzi. Especially young drivers.

Only because they have not been taught how to drive. When I used to teact give defensive driving courses the studentn's most dangerous actions resulted from not thinking ahead, lack of situational awareness and distractions.

Please tell me that you are not reading this on your IPAD while going 95mph in bumper to bumper traffic on the Chicago loop.

I took driver's education after I had my drivers license to lower my insurance rate. Dallas Foster was the driving instructor and we would talk. Is this weird? Mr. Foster said he constantly looks for escape routes when driving and even driving in to a farm field to avoid a wreck. I thought that was good advice.

If you are old and can not drive safely, you should not be on the road.
Amen to this. My mom was once back into by a guy who was obviously too old to drive. Number one he never saw her behind him and second he never once heard her beep her horn and she was pretty much laying on it. All that he did was drive forward and then back up again. He didn't know what he was doing until I got out of that car and went to his window and told him.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. She wasn't able to move because a car was in front of her and another one was behind her.

The younger generation is lacking the common sense needed to make such judgements. Even if they do pull into a spot, they don't look before backing up (or anything else for that matter), and if they can't see anyone coming they should have 'inched' their way until they could see or someone honked to stop them. Instead they all act like they own the road, they are in a hurry so get out of their way!!!

(you did hint they were younger...if they are older then there is usually a reasonable explanation)

I think ahead and this is how I accomplish a dent free pickup. I park far away from the store doors where there is few if any cars. I take up four parking spaces. Most people have a herding behavior and park as close as they can to the store doors. I have to do more walking but walking is good exercise.
Problem with that is, some jackass always parks next to my car, always, when I park at the farthest end of the lot.

Not a car within 200 spaces. I come out of the store and he's backed in and within 7 inches so that I can't open the door to get in.

I waited for said jackass and asked him what his problem was.

That and some idiot decides to pass me on the right this morning with barely enough room to get by me as I'm making a right turn. Jeep has less than 100 miles on it and if I hadn't caught his stupid ass out of the corner of my eye I would be paying for a not so new car.

I'm thinking we need to start shooting these people, lol.

Forum List

Back