Party of NO strikes again: Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline

What Obama said in the January State of the Union address

21st century businesses need 21st century infrastructure – modern ports, stronger bridges, faster trains and the fastest internet. Democrats and Republicans used to agree on this. So let’s set our sights higher than a single oil pipeline. Let’s pass a bipartisan infrastructure plan that could create more than thirty times as many jobs per year, and make this country stronger for decades to come.

If Republicans come forward with a comprehensive infrastructure bill, I'm sure they could include Keystone in it

But Republicans do not love America as much as they love the oil companies

you are so full of shit. the evil oil companies pay billions in US taxes, billions!. The tax credits that they get for exploration and development were put in place by both parties. If you don't like it, tell your congressmen and get ready for fuel costs to skyrocket.

Exactly which infrastructure projects are you so concerned about? Give us a list.

I thought pipelines ARE infrastructure

Well, there is infrastructure that is meant for Americans and infrastructure that is meant for Canadians

With our crumbling infrastructure, we could create 100,000 or more jobs. But Republicans block jobs legislation while they fawn over Keystone

Is there any doubt that Republicans hate America?

so a pipeline across america is canadian infrastructure??? only in the mind of a mentally challenged liberal.

It helps Canadian interests not American interests

I would rather approve roads, bridges, power and communications grids that help Americans

it would help both countries. the canadians are our friends and allies. its stupidity to let that oil be shipped overseas rather than stay in north america.

The pipeline is intended to ship Canadian oil overseas
The US is now an oil exporter. We don't need Canadian oil

Hey Mo Fucking Ron, it will be put on the market like all refinery products are! fucking idiot!

Well, there is infrastructure that is meant for Americans and infrastructure that is meant for Canadians

With our crumbling infrastructure, we could create 100,000 or more jobs. But Republicans block jobs legislation while they fawn over Keystone

so a pipeline across america is canadian infrastructure??? only in the mind of a mentally challenged liberal.

It helps Canadian interests not American interests

I would rather approve roads, bridges, power and communications grids that help Americans

it would help both countries. the canadians are our friends and allies. its stupidity to let that oil be shipped overseas rather than stay in north america.

The pipeline is intended to ship Canadian oil overseas
The US is now an oil exporter. We don't need Canadian oil

Hey Mo Fucking Ron, it will be put on the market like all refinery products are! fucking idiot!

Yes, and the US gets to collect taxes on it in both the crude form and the refined form.

I guess dems don't want more tax revenue.

The Communist in Chief made it clear long ago that he hates his fellow Americans in the oil industry. He bows to the Saudis and the Global Warming cult nutters. He's a piece of shite. It is what it is.

I don't get why he vetoed it. Guess I'll have to research it cuz I would like to know.

The universe where you're not reading enough. Which is probably the same universe where true conservatism is understood, as opposed to the tax and spend intrusive big government bullshit that passes for conservatism nowadays.

ROFLMNAO!

Imagine an Irony SO SWEET that a proponent of obama's comes along to lament "tax and spend intrusive big government bullshit"... .

Reader... You can NOT make that crap UP!

THAT has GOT to come from one's addleminded lil' heart...

When a proponent of Obama's comes around and says that, let me know. In the meantime, those of us who know how to disapprove of Obama like an adult will continue to advocate for lower taxes and smaller government.

Oh! Did you miss it the first time?

No problem... Here ya go:

The universe where you're not reading enough. Which is probably the same universe where true conservatism is understood, as opposed to the tax and spend intrusive big government bullshit that passes for conservatism nowadays.

ROFLMNAO!

Imagine an Irony SO SWEET that a proponent of obama's comes along to lament "tax and spend intrusive big government bullshit"... .

Reader... You can NOT make that crap UP!

THAT has GOT to come from one's addleminded lil' heart...

I don't get why he vetoed it. Guess I'll have to research it cuz I would like to know.

because he is a puppet of the envirowacko lunatics. Why else would the idiot say in the state of the union speech that climate change is the biggest challenge facing the USA?

That has to go down as the most stupid comment ever made by a US president.

21st century businesses need 21st century infrastructure – modern ports, stronger bridges, faster trains and the fastest internet. Democrats and Republicans used to agree on this. So let’s set our sights higher than a single oil pipeline. Let’s pass a bipartisan infrastructure plan that could create more than thirty times as many jobs per year, and make this country stronger for decades to come.

If Republicans come forward with a comprehensive infrastructure bill, I'm sure they could include Keystone in it

you are so full of shit. the evil oil companies pay billions in US taxes, billions!. The tax credits that they get for exploration and development were put in place by both parties. If you don't like it, tell your congressmen and get ready for fuel costs to skyrocket.

Exactly which infrastructure projects are you so concerned about? Give us a list.

OK

Lets start with roads, bridges, tunnels
Power grid, water and sewer systems
Communications upgrades
Aircraft control modernization
Rail and mass transit

All will help Americans....but we know that Republicans hate Americans

"
"For many activists, the opposition to Keystone isn't really about the pipeline; they admit that no single project will tip the balance on climate change," he writes. "Rather, they want Obama to use Keystone as a symbolic opportunity to move America away from fossil fuels."

So the fight over Keystone is largely about ideology, and it makes me wonder if Keystone is to environmentalists what Obamacare is to many conservatives -- an unfortunate line in the sand that ignores nuance and derails a rationale debate over finding solutions to very complicated societal issues."

Julie Mack Weighing the pros and cons of the Keystone XL Pipeline MLive.com

Symbolic. Get America off fossil fuel. There ya go.

If any of this is true which I am truly cynical of anything I read or hear. We've been lied to so many times.

That had to leave a mark!!! :eek:

Seriously though, all this for a project assembling imported pipes to carry tarsands through the heartland & destined for a communist country (China)

Could the Repubs, & their supporters here mind you, be more partisan? :dunno:

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

He just did. Reading must not be our strong suit?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

OK

Communications upgrades
Rail and mass transit

Actually Keystyone XL will cost the taxpayer pretty heavy in tax breaks and subsidies...

Keystone XL benefits from taxpayer subsidies - Oil Change InternationalOil Change International

Looks like $10 billion... So the Oil companies get that money and the Oil Companies then pay the GOP...

END CORPORATE WELFARE.

The problem with the GOP is they can't help borrowing money and giving it to Rich and Corporation welfare programs....

OK

Communications upgrades
Rail and mass transit

Actually Keystyone XL will cost the taxpayer pretty heavy in tax breaks and subsidies...

Keystone XL benefits from taxpayer subsidies - Oil Change InternationalOil Change International

Looks like $10 billion... So the Oil companies get that money and the Oil Companies then pay the GOP...

END CORPORATE WELFARE.

The problem with the GOP is they can't help borrowing money and giving it to Rich and Corporation welfare programs....
Really?

You think the Rs are solely responsible and the Ds are blameless. They are both at fault, since after all they are essentially one in the same.

OK

Communications upgrades
Rail and mass transit

END CORPORATE WELFARE.

Really?

You think the Rs are solely responsible and the Ds are blameless. They are both at fault, since after all they are essentially one in the same.

Ahh come on.... GOP get down on their knees to suck the Koch C*ck on regular basis... They fully paid for Exxon never paid, BP were really a victim in their Oil spill.... Not to mention the the greatest Oil subsidy of them all , the Iraq War...

If the 2.5 trillion was used to find an alternative to Oil, wouldn't that have been a better idea... But hey, the GOP buddies need there fix...

Just breaking on Fox News. No article or link yet.

The Democrats continue to obstruct progress that would lower oil prices and make gasoline cheaper for working families.

Barack Obama just vetoed the Keystone XL pipeline bill.

Is he still pretending it "needs more study"?

After how many years of study, how many reports already completed?

Apparently placating his enviro-whacko base is more important to him than helping America and saving money for "the little people".
How terrible.

Would the right have even voted republican if they had been told it would increase our fuel costs as a form of "hidden tax".

That's not entirely true. Some of the oil would be used in spills (TransCanada predicted 2 a year) to provide a nice glossy cover to the landscape.

And don't forget the 50 permanent jobs it would create. :rolleyes:

Republicans voting on ten more McDonalds would provide more jobs
About ten times as many.
Keystone was the number one priority for Republucans

While they blocked infrastructure legislation that would provide a hundred thousand new jobs, they pushed for a Canadian pipeline

Is there any question that Republicans hate America?

It's called international trade rightwinger. You need the crude. You need a transportation device. A pipeline is a transportation device.

It's just a fucking pipeline.

Seriously. Tell me you aren't this stupid and you are just putting up shit to piss off conservatives.

Just breaking on Fox News. No article or link yet.

The Democrats continue to obstruct progress that would lower oil prices and make gasoline cheaper for working families.

Barack Obama just vetoed the Keystone XL pipeline bill.

Is he still pretending it "needs more study"?

After how many years of study, how many reports already completed?

Apparently placating his enviro-whacko base is more important to him than helping America and saving money for "the little people".
How terrible.

Would the right have even voted republican if they had been told it would increase our fuel costs as a form of "hidden tax".

What fucking hidden tax?

Republicans voting on ten more McDonalds would provide more jobs
About ten times as many.
Keystone was the number one priority for Republucans

While they blocked infrastructure legislation that would provide a hundred thousand new jobs, they pushed for a Canadian pipeline

Is there any question that Republicans hate America?

It's called international trade rightwinger. You need the crude. You need a transportation device. A pipeline is a transportation device.

It's just a fucking pipeline.

Seriously. Tell me you aren't this stupid and you are just putting up shit to piss off conservatives.

Whats in it for me?

As an American, what does Keystone do to make my life better?

Forum List

Back