Passover to Exodus, let the story be told

Passover,
Hebrew Pesaḥ or Pesach, in Judaism, holiday commemorating the Hebrews’ liberation from slavery in Egypt and the “passing over” of the forces of destruction, or the sparing of the firstborn of the Israelites, when the Lord “smote the land of Egypt” on the eve of the Exodus.

The above troubles me a bit. Since the Jews knew the angel of death was coming and the only way, they could be spared is to sprinkle lambs blood on their door why didn’t the warn others who were not Jews?

The part of scripture troubles me to, the idea the Jews were slaves in Egypt. Scripture tells another story—

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

Clearly the Jews were not slaves in Egypt. Joseph ruled over Egypt and would have continued to rule until Moses destroys it all.

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

A fellow? The Egyptians were treating the Jews as fellow Egyptians.

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.
Exodus 2:11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to his own people and observed their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people.

The above marks the beginning of the great exodus. The Jews were not slaves, the Jews ruled over Egypt and the fled because Moses murders a man in cold blood.

The above is the true history of the Jews of old. Have they changed their ways?

You are welcome to correct me where corrections are needed.
Most human beings were slaves in ancient times. In fact, the vast number of men who have walked the earth were slaves

In fact, today there is more slavery than at any other time in human history

It's how human nature rolls.

Wakey, wakey.

Passover,
Hebrew Pesaḥ or Pesach, in Judaism, holiday commemorating the Hebrews’ liberation from slavery in Egypt and the “passing over” of the forces of destruction, or the sparing of the firstborn of the Israelites, when the Lord “smote the land of Egypt” on the eve of the Exodus.

The above troubles me a bit. Since the Jews knew the angel of death was coming and the only way, they could be spared is to sprinkle lambs blood on their door why didn’t the warn others who were not Jews?

The part of scripture troubles me to, the idea the Jews were slaves in Egypt. Scripture tells another story—

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

Clearly the Jews were not slaves in Egypt. Joseph ruled over Egypt and would have continued to rule until Moses destroys it all.

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.
Exodus 2:11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to his own people and observed their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people.

The above marks the beginning of the great exodus. The Jews were not slaves, the Jews ruled over Egypt and the fled because Moses murders a man in cold blood.

Good grief! Are you that obtuse? There were centuries between Joseph and Moses. 400 years of slavey! Did that escape you?
As far as the slewing of the Egyptian task master, it's thought that Moses grew up not knowing he was a son of a slave. That he learned of it later in life. The sister of Pharoah knew he was Hebrew when she plucked him from the river. How Moses came to know is not known. Only speculated as was in the depiction in the movie, The Ten Commandments. I'm sure you have watch it? How he actually came to the knowledge he was not Egyptian is not fully known.

Where do you get this stuff-?
:)-
Look at Ancient Greece where every citizen had at least one or more slave.

Look at Rome who was the same way.

Of course, no one was taking polls or keeping very good records other than the knowledge that everyone owned at least one slave

Then you had the Gladiators.

Then you had those forced to serve in the army, etc.

It's not rocket science.

Passover,

This is where it all began,
Nothing has changed, and I question whether the world is unfolding as it should.
Do you too-?
just asking

I hope those who observed Passover had a meaningful observance, with a desire for coming to God.

Actually, as the Bible goes, Joseph, the ruler of Egypt, tells his Israelite people to abandon all their land and move to Egypt.
So they did so, living in the best of the land.
As Joseph orders
p.s. they may have taken their flocks with them.
There was the famine, so there was not enough, but in Egypt Joseph had Egypt store up plenty before the famine and there was still enough, his family was provided for, and passages show clearly they brought flocks, but Egyptians had a horror of people using flocks, and they were given a separate area adequate for them in Goshen, with their flocks.

Moses is the one who carved out of stone the Ten Commandments
The sixth (6) Commandment, which he carved out of stone said--

6. Thou shalt not kill. (murder)

Then Moses---
And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow

Why smite you your fellow
Have any answers/guesses out there--?
-
The fellow in the English translation is about a fellow Israelite of the one addressed, they are of the same people. The translation was not meant to be confusing.

At the time Moses slew an Egyptian he had waited and when he saw no one was around to see, he killed him and hid the body. That was a murder. And there were laws, Egyptians had laws.

For the second set of tablets Moses cut the tablets from rock to take up the mountain, in both cases it is said that God wrote the commandments into the rock tablets.

Last edited:
This is where it all began,
Nothing has changed, and I question whether the world is unfolding as it should.
Do you too-?
just asking
If you read Revelations current events tend to make more and more sense, unfortunately.

The importance of Revelations cannot be understated because without it, those of faith would probably fall away during those hard times. But upon reading Revelations, those of faith can understand that mankind will come close to destroying himself before God must intervene directly to save humanity..............again, like he has in the past.

If you read Revelations current events tend to make more and more sense, unfortunately.

The importance of Revelations cannot be understated because without it, those of faith would probably fall away during those hard times. But upon reading Revelations, those of faith can understand that mankind will come close to destroying himself before God must intervene directly to save humanity..............again, like he has in the past.

People, believers or not, have a hard time understanding Revelation. They come to it with the way they understanding things in their culture, and miss important things there. God hates the destructiveness, and it is why we will come close to destruction. There will be collapse, and God's people should not even be in Mystery Babylon, they should get out and not wait to be told more blatantly with signs when it is so late.

People, believers or not, have a hard time understanding Revelation. They come to it with the way they understanding things in their culture, and miss important things there. God hates the destructiveness, and it is why we will come close to destruction. There will be collapse, and God's people should not even be in Mystery Babylon, they should get out and not wait to be told more blatantly with signs when it is so late.
MYSTERY BABYLON-----sounds like fun----is that something like DISNEY LAND?

Magic Carpet Air flies there.
True. It could fly sixty miles south of Baghdad, and there between the Tigris and Euphrates River was the beautiful city of Babylon. After disembarking from Magic Carpet Air, step into Enchanted Time Machine Travels and set the date to sometime between 1894 BCE–539 BCE (for best results).

For some, maybe, for others maybe not.

Many Jews celebrate Passover.
Passover 2021 began in the evening of
Saturday, March 27
and ends in the evening of
Sunday, April 4

The do not see it as folklore or myth, some honestly believe it, and celebrate it and that is why I bring it up, exposing the real day of celebration. Once they realize that they are celebrating the death of all first born, humans and animals alike they may reconsider this and reject its meaning and reason for celebration.
I'm guessing you reject Thanksgiving for these reasons

Look at Ancient Greece where every citizen had at least one or more slave.

Look at Rome who was the same way.

Of course, no one was taking polls or keeping very good records other than the knowledge that everyone owned at least one slave

Then you had the Gladiators.

Then you had those forced to serve in the army, etc.

It's not rocket science.
And today, most Americans work as real slaves to our federal government

Over 90% of what we know we accepted on the authority of others.
I do not believe the term “authority” applies here. If you believe your source is honestly trying to pass on a fact you tend to believe it.

MYSTERY BABYLON-----sounds like fun----is that something like DISNEY LAND?

Mystery Babylon is term in the Bible that no one really wants to understand, strongly enough. It is easiest to say it means some other place believers there should get out of, or, something Else. But it isn't. And generally no one wants to see that we all are in it, and all of us who are believers, who are God's people, should get out from it. It is with all the materialism, exploitation, destructiveness in the world, and wickedness in rebelliousness to God, where we are. People are compromised here where we are.

Forum List

Back