Patriotism, do as we demand....

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
What is patriotism?

With religion there are many ways of expressing yourself. Some people have the ideal view of what praying is, hands together, head bowed, but so many people do it in different ways.

With patriotism it seems you either do as you're told to do, or you're shouted at for not being patriotic.

993082bacb644295ccaf586958eac886

Gabby Douglas has won three Olympic gold medals, two in team events and one individually. The anthem was playing. Four of the girls were doing as they were told to do. When the anthem is playing you HAVE TO LOOK LIKE YOU'RE PATRIOTIC.

It seems weird to me. How does putting your hand on your chest while the anthem playing somehow prove that you love your country? Surely people can show their love of their country in many ways. Perhaps they don't love their country. I mean, some people see all the problems in society and wonder whether there's anything to love.

You might be told you have to love your mother because she gave birth to you, but if she then went and beat you, starved you, mistreated you, would you love her? Same for your own country.

If you're in the Olympics do you have to love you country? Do you have to do the robotic stuff to "prove" you love your country?

She reportedly is ubber religious in some sort of quasi-Jewish Christian sort of way. Maybe it is a God thing like with the Jehovah Witnesses not to salute flags or swear oaths and such.

She reportedly is ubber religious in some sort of quasi-Jewish Christian sort of way. Maybe it is a God thing like with the Jehovah Witnesses not to salute flags or swear oaths and such.

Maybe, I don't know anything about her. But I don't see why she should be criticized for it, she's won three medals for her country to look good, somehow.

Maybe, I don't know anything about her. But I don't see why she should be criticized for it, she's won three medals for her country to look good, somehow.

Because Obama is leaving office in 3 months and they have to strike while the iron is hot would be my guess...

There was so much going on for her right then, she probably just didn't think of it. She wasn't making a statement. She was just nervous.

Patriotism for the average Joe and Jane is paying your taxes, voting, helping others to register to vote, and speaking the truth.

Patriotism for military veterans is staying physically fit for statutory militia duty, regularly practicing shooting skills, reviewing military organizational principles, observing and reporting suspected crime, and standing watch as before.

Patriotism for a politician is studying the Federal and State Constitutions, supporting and upholding them, speaking the truth not lies, improving society through efficient honest government, and listening to the voice of the People.

Patriotism depends on your role in society.

WillHaftawaite you seem to have mastered Kindergarten, since you can cut and paste photos.

I am guessing that the rest of school was hard for you though.

You don't seem to have learned anything about writing sentences, formulating a paragraph, or probably even writing a letter.

Good luck with your palm device. Without it you would be like a dog without a bone.

WillHaftawaite you seem to have mastered Kindergarten, since you can cut and paste photos.

I am guessing that the rest of school was hard for you though.

You don't seem to have learned anything about writing sentences, formulating a paragraph, or probably even writing a letter.

Good luck with your palm device. Without it you would be like a dog without a bone.

Considering the conditions of my hands, it's far easier to cut and paste.

Forum List

Back