Paying for infrastructure

faux conservatives only like the rich when they bitch about taxes and spending money on working people.
To them, we never have money to help struggling Americans but can always afford tax cuts
The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

It’s Time to Admit the Feds Are Making Poverty Worse—Not ...

www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=11707

Maybe since we have spent over 28 trillion dollars on the poor and they are still poor, something is terrible wrong with the poor.
View attachment 506465
Does that include our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror? Providing for the General Welfare is actually and expressly in our federal Constitution. There is no general warfare clause nor even any common offense clause.
With a fiat currency and a political class that lives off of it the general welfare will end up consuming 100% of everything at some point.

rightwinger
We all got tax cuts. Corps have been using Government loopholes for decades. If you don't like those loopholes then get with your Congress critters and get them gone.

I got a tax cut and like it. If you don't like yours I'm sure the Govt. will take it back.

I don't worry about tradidtional infrastrcture unless it's flat out graft. New interstate lanes and better harbors generate more economic activity, or more efficient econ activity.

I'm not going to lose sleep over letting consumers have more money to spend. So long as the money actually goes to those who spend it. In a way, we've done a 180 from where we were in 1980. I miss reagan's general decency though. Biden seems a decent sort who looks for the best in people

anybody selling or making something for sale benefits.
Biden is a stuttering bag of dementia with a side order of Alzheimer's!
Putin said that he had heard all of these things about Biden, and was surprised at how sharp he was. You guys have to quit with all of the lies about Joe.

faux conservatives only like the rich when they bitch about taxes and spending money on working people.
To them, we never have money to help struggling Americans but can always afford tax cuts
The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

It’s Time to Admit the Feds Are Making Poverty Worse—Not ...

www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=11707

Maybe since we have spent over 28 trillion dollars on the poor and they are still poor, something is terrible wrong with the poor.
View attachment 506465
Does that include our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror? Providing for the General Welfare is actually and expressly in our federal Constitution. There is no general warfare clause nor even any common offense clause.
With a fiat currency and a political class that lives off of it the general welfare will end up consuming 100% of everything at some point.
Congress has a Congressional budget office. It is not like they themselves need to be good at money management when they can get (subject matter) expert opinions and insist on Pareto Optimal economic policies.

rightwinger
All you have to do is look it up. I did. We did pay as little as 1.50 and we also payed 1.74 and a bit higher depending on the year you look at. Guess a lot depended on which part of the country you live in.

I live in Florida and loved those low prices.

I don't worry about tradidtional infrastrcture unless it's flat out graft. New interstate lanes and better harbors generate more economic activity, or more efficient econ activity.

I'm not going to lose sleep over letting consumers have more money to spend. So long as the money actually goes to those who spend it. In a way, we've done a 180 from where we were in 1980. I miss reagan's general decency though. Biden seems a decent sort who looks for the best in people

anybody selling or making something for sale benefits.
Biden is a stuttering bag of dementia with a side order of Alzheimer's!
Putin said that he had heard all of these things about Biden, and was surprised at how sharp he was. You guys have to quit with all of the lies about Joe.
The reality is that Biden is well prepared on all issues, actually reads briefing materials and actually listens to what others are saying.

Compared to Trump who thought he was the smartest person in the room, never brushed up on the issues and created his own facts

They pay the tax when they buy the stuff. Why do the poor who pay no taxes get to use the infrastructure the same as the rich people who pay most of the tax? Shouldnt the poor pay their fair share?
The wealthy profit off of infrastructure
They should pay for it
They do.

You don't seem to realize that trucking companies pay more taxes and higher tolls to use roads than the average guy driving to work.

And don't forget that all those roads benefit working people too because they can drive a little further to a better job.

IMO every federal Hwy should be a toll road and the tolls collected in a state for the federal government should be spent in that state.

Look...after putting two trillion on the debt for tax cuts that did very little for the country...I frankly don't care how or even IF we "pay for" these very necessary infrastructure upgrades.

And neither should you

Billionaires:

If you can afford the toys, you can afford the tax!

Is that John Kerry’s yacht and Dianne Feinstein’s house?
Both support paying higher tax rates

Wrong as usual leftist. I like the rich. The owner of the company I work for is rich. I’m thankful he took a chance to build a large company, made it successful and created a job for me. The rich I don’t like are politicians. I know how they got rich and it ain’t on a government salary.

They pay the tax when they buy the stuff. Why do the poor who pay no taxes get to use the infrastructure the same as the rich people who pay most of the tax? Shouldnt the poor pay their fair share?
They should pay for it
They do.

You don't seem to realize that trucking companies pay more taxes and higher tolls to use roads than the average guy driving to work.

And don't forget that all those roads benefit working people too because they can drive a little further to a better job.

IMO every federal Hwy should be a toll road and the tolls collected in a state for the federal government should be spent in that state.
Those trucks also add more wear and tear to our infrastructure than the average family minivan

Corporations survive because of our infrastructure. They should use more of their profits to pay for it

They should pay for it
They do.

Those trucks also add more wear and tear to our infrastructure than the average family minivan

Corporations survive because of our infrastructure. They should use more of their profits to pay for it
They already pay more.

What we need is politicians who actually use the 50 billion dollars a year collected in federal gas taxes to maintain the highways instead of wasting it on stupid shit

Forum List

Back