Paying off my car

How can I tell you are a woman?

Well . . . I have to celebrate!
have a glass of bubbly and save the money

Clothes and shoes are a good investment. We need those after all. :D
Worst investment next to life insurance...

Not if you have a job where you have to work with the public and look professional.
So you aren't working from home?

Sure, after I buy myself some late Christmas presents. :D

as if you don't have enough shoes for 3 people already

You can never have too many shoes though! I need shoes to match my outfits.

I normally don't either, as I check them out before buying..The ones my exes have had problems with are ones they wanted from car lots..
Shows they went for looks and not reliability. The Consumer's Report Used Car guide is an excellent tool along with the Kelly Blue Book and Edmund's websites.
I can hear a car running and tell if it's good...Driving it helps also, smell it....Make-ah da love to it..You know, the usual..

Worst investment next to life insurance...

Not if you have a job where you have to work with the public and look professional.
So you aren't working from home?

I've told you before that I have two jobs, one is at the hospital part time.

How do they look next to your ears?

How do they look next to your ears?

Don't be a perv. :eusa_naughty:

I think they design cars flawed on purpose.
Designed obsolescence is a real thing, but unless all manufacturers are doing it, it only results in a bad reputation for shoddy merchandise.

OTOH, Hanlon's Razor is a good reference when suspicious of someone's or some group's actions: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

I had a Pontiac Grand Am that had to have the engine pulled just to work on the power steering..Some models have the spark plugs under the engine and the engine must be pulled...

It has a HUGE trunk too. I could fit a body in there. :badgrin: Maybe two or three adult male bodies, only one Moonglow though.
do have long legs, so it better be big...

Plenty of room, and the back seat folds down too! :biggrin:

2014-chevrolet-impala-lt-trunk-photo-522041-s-1280x782.jpg

2011chevyimpalacargospace.jpg
My wife wanted a "comfortable" car for her 60th birthday. The Chevy Impala was one of those that were on several top review lists for "most comfortable cars to drive". She ended up with a Ford Fusion Titanium. The cars are very close, but the Ford dealership is local.
I dislike dealerships, they want too much....Last time I drove an Impala it looked like this..
792151353.jpg

Had one like that. Could fit 5 men and a cooler or 2 Missouri women in the trunk of it.

Almost done paying off my car! I think I have like 3 payments left and then it's paid for. I can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart for a while anyway. I don't want to have to get into paying a stupid car payment every month again any time soon. I want a break. Lol.

I probably could have just paid it off sooner in a lump sum if not for Christmas, but I'm still happy that I only have a few more months left!

Then, clothes shopping. :D

Good for you. Living as debt free as possible is the way to go!

I've had some issues with this car though. It also has some warning lights that go on sometimes, but they tell me it's something to do with a sensor that's messed up or something. My mechanic keeps tweaking things so that it goes out because I guess it's kind of an expensive part.

Hopefully it holds out for at least a year with no major problems. I really don't want to have to make loan payments for a little while at least!

A bit of advice. Next time buy a Honda or a Toyota if you're looking for years of trouble free driving.
The wife,who refuses to buy a new SUV even though I've tried to convince her to get a new one,has been driving her 4Runner since 2000 it has 275k miles and in that time we've replaced a water pump and a drive shaft.
You cant beat either make for longevity.

I pay cash for my cars and do the maintenance myself, you should try it sometime...[/Q
I pay cash for my cars and do the maintenance myself, you should try it sometime...
You buy the same car over and over.....
Disagreed. Cars are not investments because they depreciate. A typical car payment is $400 for 5 years; $4,800 per year. I've never had to pay more than a quarter of that to maintain my vehicles except for an engine replacement. Maintaining a good used car is a lot cheaper than paying for a new one.

To me a car,or truck in my world,is a statement of who you are.
It can never remain stock because thats for sheep.
Just got a TRD Tundra 5.7 and it'll have a 6 inch lift and 35's before it hits it's second oil change.
Now thats Americana!!!! For men anyway.

I pay cash for my cars and do the maintenance myself, you should try it sometime...[/Q
I pay cash for my cars and do the maintenance myself, you should try it sometime...
You buy the same car over and over.....
Disagreed. Cars are not investments because they depreciate. A typical car payment is $400 for 5 years; $4,800 per year. I've never had to pay more than a quarter of that to maintain my vehicles except for an engine replacement. Maintaining a good used car is a lot cheaper than paying for a new one.

That's what I'm hoping! I had to get rid of my Infiniti because I had just gotten done paying to fix it (like $750) and then something else was wrong with it. It was a beautiful car but had over 100,000 miles and was kind of old. Also, like I mentioned earlier, parts for that car were outrageous. Lol. I think it was one of those situations where you can only order parts from the dealer because they never released parts to the market or something? I'm not sure, but whatever the reason, the parts were too much for me when something was wrong with it.
Car parts for imports are higher as is labor cost..

But they last longer.

I've had some issues with this car though. It also has some warning lights that go on sometimes, but they tell me it's something to do with a sensor that's messed up or something. My mechanic keeps tweaking things so that it goes out because I guess it's kind of an expensive part.

Hopefully it holds out for at least a year with no major problems. I really don't want to have to make loan payments for a little while at least!

A bit of advice. Next time buy a Honda or a Toyota if you're looking for years of trouble free driving.
The wife,who refuses to buy a new SUV even though I've tried to convince her to get a new one,has been driving her 4Runner since 2000 it has 275k miles and in that time we've replaced a water pump and a drive shaft.
You cant beat either make for longevity.

Or a Subaru!

To me a car,or truck in my world,is a statement of who you are.
It can never remain stock because thats for sheep.
Just got a TRD Tundra 5.7 and it'll have a 6 inch lift and 35's before it hits it's second oil change.
Now thats Americana!!!! For men anyway.
Nice truck. In my world, it's always function over form. The A-10 Warthog is a perfect example of this philosophy. I'm in the middle of researching a truck large enough to haul a 5th wheel travel trailer and use as welder truck. At the moment I'm looking at the Ford F250/F350s and Ram 2500/3500s.

Forum List

Back