Paying off my car

It has a HUGE trunk too. I could fit a body in there. :badgrin: Maybe two or three adult male bodies, only one Moonglow though.
Have you thought of carrying a Yugo in the trunk? For emergencies?

1987-Yugo-GV-brochure-front.jpeg
They are the best car you can buy to push....
My son was living in Atlanta and came to Charlotte to buy a Yugo in '86 or '87. Halfway back to Atlanta, about 125 miles, the transmission went out. He got a replacement a couple days later and drove it to the nearest Ford dealer and traded for an F-150.

Almost done paying off my car! I think I have like 3 payments left and then it's paid for. I can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart for a while anyway. I don't want to have to get into paying a stupid car payment every month again any time soon. I want a break. Lol.

I probably could have just paid it off sooner in a lump sum if not for Christmas, but I'm still happy that I only have a few more months left!

Then, clothes shopping. :D
I was the motor pool officer during my tour of duty, and I learned a lot about diesel and gasoline vehicles.

Our jeeps and pickup trucks would last 20 to 30 years as long as you keep them maintained regularly. About ever 3 months is ideal, although twice each year is the minimum.

If you take it in for maintenance every 6 months your car should last a long time.

Women tend to treat cars like a magic carpet and think they don't need any maintenance. But this is what results in breakdowns.

The engine oil and the other engine fluids need to be replaced and maintained often.

Spark plugs need replacement, as do filters.

Radiators need to be flushed.

Tires need air. And tires wear out. So do brakes.

Windshield glass needs to be replaced every few years.

A/C's need to be replenished and heater fans and controls need replacement eventually too.

My first engine lasted 15 years, and now I am on my second one. It is brand new.

To me a car,or truck in my world,is a statement of who you are.
It can never remain stock because thats for sheep.
Just got a TRD Tundra 5.7 and it'll have a 6 inch lift and 35's before it hits it's second oil change.
Now thats Americana!!!! For men anyway.
Nice truck. In my world, it's always function over form. The A-10 Warthog is a perfect example of this philosophy. I'm in the middle of researching a truck large enough to haul a 5th wheel travel trailer and use as welder truck. At the moment I'm looking at the Ford F250/F350s and Ram 2500/3500s.

2017 F-350 Super Duty 4X4

Just got a TRD Tundra 5.7 and it'll have a 6 inch lift and 35's before it hits it's second oil change.
Nice truck. In my world, it's always function over form. The A-10 Warthog is a perfect example of this philosophy. I'm in the middle of researching a truck large enough to haul a 5th wheel travel trailer and use as welder truck. At the moment I'm looking at the Ford F250/F350s and Ram 2500/3500s.

This looks like a horse or hotrod trailer.

This looks like a horse or hotrod trailer.
It's a horse trailer with a dressing room.

Good choices! I briefly considered the F-250 in a diesel but my towing needs just weren't that high. I tow a 19ft boat or my Polaris General.
In the end I chose the Tundra for it's reliability and its ability to haul ass. The utility part doesnt factor in since I would have had to lift any truck I owned due to the roads,if ya want to call em that,that I frequent.

I've had some issues with this car though. It also has some warning lights that go on sometimes, but they tell me it's something to do with a sensor that's messed up or something. My mechanic keeps tweaking things so that it goes out because I guess it's kind of an expensive part.

Hopefully it holds out for at least a year with no major problems. I really don't want to have to make loan payments for a little while at least!

we had trouble with ours

a power loss

turned out to be a door lock sensor

Nice rig!!!

Now just keep putting that car payment in savings. With good care to this car and a little bit of luck you can pay cash for your next one.

Haven't had a car payment since '86. I've saved and invested that interest money every since.

This video, interest rates and payments are outdated but the principle is sound.

It's worked well for us.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS!

-------------

Last edited:
I've had some issues with this car though. It also has some warning lights that go on sometimes, but they tell me it's something to do with a sensor that's messed up or something. My mechanic keeps tweaking things so that it goes out because I guess it's kind of an expensive part.

Hopefully it holds out for at least a year with no major problems. I really don't want to have to make loan payments for a little while at least!

we had trouble with ours

a power loss

Those stupid sensors they put in cars are nothing but trouble!

That is too big for me. I probably wouldn't be able to see over the steering wheel. :lol:

we had trouble with ours

a power loss

yes and only happened when it was very cold

it was a ridiculous problem

when it would happen i would pop the hood get out to see if could spot the problem

(but these days looking under hood is like looking under the hood of a ufo -LOL)

i would get back in shutting the door and unwittingly reset the sensor

That is too big for me. I probably wouldn't be able to see over the steering wheel. :lol:
Have you noticed how many women drive those big trucks? A great many women have gone from station wagons to vans to SUVs and big trucks. My daughter has driven Ford Expeditions since 2002 and won't buy anything smaller.

Have you noticed how many women drive those big trucks? A great many women have gone from station wagons to vans to SUVs and big trucks. My daughter has driven Ford Expeditions since 2002 and won't buy anything smaller.

The wife says she'll never go back to a car after driving the 4Runner.
You cant see for shit that low to the ground.

we had trouble with ours

a power loss

yes and only happened when it was very cold

it was a ridiculous problem

when it would happen i would pop the hood get out to see if could spot the problem

(but these days looking under hood is like looking under the hood of a ufo -LOL)

i would get back in shutting the door and unwittingly reset the sensor

I wonder if that's what happens to mine too? Weird. Lol.

I wouldn't drive a station wagon either though. Do they still even make station wagons? I don't think they do. :D

Anyways, I wouldn't want to drive something so big. I do like the idea that most SUVs have 4-wheel drive for the snow, but they are so big!

I wouldn't drive a station wagon either though. Do they still even make station wagons? I don't think they do. :D

Anyways, I wouldn't want to drive something so big. I do like the idea that most SUVs have 4-wheel drive for the snow, but they are so big!

The wife refuses to drive my Tundra because it's so big but she loves here 4Runner.
Mid size SUVs are easy to drive and park and you get the added benefit of being able to see above traffic.
Think about em when you get your next new vehicle.

Forum List

Back