Paying people off to avoid a scandal is perfectly legal

Welp it appears the NY DA has evidence Trump didn't pay Cohen back himself... he used Trump Foundation money and they listed it as a business expense for legal fees. Oops.

why are you always so off base ??? seriously

yes it is possible to plead out to fake crime

that is exactly what happened here

it is also possible for the innicent to plead guilty to offences

this is why plead cases have no bearing on precedent

So, you are saying then that they charged him with a fake crime, so that he could then plead guilty to the fake crime?

That is really your story and then you talk to me about being off base? Holy fuck dude, you sound like that Repub from Florida that says she was abducted by aliens that looked like Jesus. Actually her story is more believable than yours

more or less that is what happened

both of these are not crimes

making an excessive campaign contribution and causing an unlawful corporate contribution

who did trump make a contribution to ?? huh asshole

it is not a crime for him to give as money as he chooses to his own campaign (fake crime)

causing an unlawful corporate contribution

again he can contribute as much as he wants to his campaign

Who can and can't contribute - FEC.gov

as usual you are being played

“Trump gained a personal benefit, so it can't legally be a campaign expense. “

So theoretically every thing spent during a campaign could fall under personal benefit since the candidate and the candidacy cannot be divided. Such idiocy is straight from crazy Kookoo land.

The FEC uses the rule of "irrespective". Would the expense have occurred irrespective of a candidacy?
Campaign finance laws state that candidates cannot use campaign funds for expenses that would exist irrespective of the campaign, Bradley explained. These laws were created to thwart bribery and to prevent candidates from misusing funds for their own benefit.

Former FEC Chairman: Trump Lawyer's Hush Money Is Not a Campaign Contribution

So theoretically every thing spent during a campaign could fall under personal benefit since the candidate and the candidacy cannot be divided. Such idiocy is straight from crazy Kookoo land.

The FEC uses the rule of "irrespective". Would the expense have occurred irrespective of a candidacy?
Campaign finance laws state that candidates cannot use campaign funds for expenses that would exist irrespective of the campaign, Bradley explained. These laws were created to thwart bribery and to prevent candidates from misusing funds for their own benefit.

If Trump was worried about it ruining his marriage, he would have paid her off YEARS AGO, not the month before the election.

Quit being ridiculous.

Democrats and the media are just pissing people off with this nonsense.
How are Dems pissing people off? This is a repug investigation. A repug prosecutor appointed by a repug deputy AG is investigating a repug administration. The media is just reporting it.

Yes, with AG Sessions appointed by Trump, who is now saying publicly he is going to fire and replace.

Did he, cite the statute he plead guilty to. While your at it, explain how there was no personal benefit to Trump.

You can google the former.
Massive personal benefit to candidate Trump.

More importantly, this was not a campaign expenditure at all. Constitutional scholar Mark Levin has interviewed former Federal Election Commission chairman Bradley Smith repeatedly on his show over the past year, and Smith has made the point that "dual use" expenditures are not "campaign expenditures" under the meaning of the act.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ated_campaign_finance_laws_and_heres_why.html
This is no more a campaign expense than getting your teeth capped or a tummy tuck to improve a candidates physical appearance. It has a benefit to the campaign but the benefit is not exclusive to the campaign.

:th_believecrap:

What reason would a former FEC chairman have to lie about it. I'll take his word over yours, thank you very much.

Seriously…do you, for a moment believe, that Mark Levine would remotely have this guy on if he didn’t support Trump’s position. His is an opinion…one that was cultivated.

Stormy Weather for Campaign-Finance Laws

Welp it appears the NY DA has evidence Trump didn't pay Cohen back himself... he used Trump Foundation money and they listed it as a business expense for legal fees. Oops.

Complete with sham invoices, intended to hide the purpose of the payments.

I'm still waiting for one of the Prog Loons to 'SPLAIN how a plea agreement which is not part of case law turns into a legal precedent.

even better the guy plead guilty to a charge that was not a crime

--LOL

You’re stating that
An attorney plead guilty to a charge that wasn’t a crime.

Sell bullshit somewhere else.

yes that is exactly right

There is no where in the universe that such an absurd allegation makes sense…especially when one considers the guy who entered a guilty plea is an attorney himself.

But hey, you’re a trump dick sucker…nobody is expecting you to be smart, honest, moral or anything like that.

--LOL stop it with your moral outrage you dumb fuck

Not outraged; in fact, I’m enjoying your rather bizarre stance that a lawyer pled guilty to something that wasn’t a crime. It shows the very loose grip on reality that you and other trump dick suckers have.

I'm still waiting for one of the Prog Loons to 'SPLAIN how a plea agreement which is not part of case law turns into a legal precedent.

--LOL

You’re stating that

eventually when nothing happens to Trump

and your butthurt grows uncontrolled

you will realize you have been played once again

but for now carry on with your

"we really REALLY got him this time" crap

--LOL@UTROLL

It is not possible to plead guilty to something not a crime. In order to plead guilty you have to be charged, in order to be charged there has to be a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's entirely possible to mischaracterize your actions to make them appear criminal when in reality they weren't. That's the pound of flesh Cohen gave the prosecutors for his deal.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...

You pay off a person for two reasons:
  1. They are a pain in the ass ambulance chaser and its cheaper to give them money to just go away than fight them.
  2. You acknowledge they have something embarrassing to a public figure and you pay them off to make it worthy their while to drop it.
In either case, Trump denies it. A payoff isn't proof of an action or even guilt, it is only proof of a payoff. Since these women brought the matter public anyway, I'd say they deserve sued for breech of contract.

If Trump was worried about it ruining his marriage, he would have paid her off YEARS AGO, not the month before the election.

Quit being ridiculous.

She wasn't shopping her fairy tale years ago. Pecker told Cohen she was looking for a payday.

--LOL

You’re stating that

eventually when nothing happens to Trump

and your butthurt grows uncontrolled

you will realize you have been played once again

but for now carry on with your

"we really REALLY got him this time" crap

--LOL@UTROLL

It is not possible to plead guilty to something not a crime. In order to plead guilty you have to be charged, in order to be charged there has to be a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's entirely possible to mischaracterize your actions to make them appear criminal when in reality they weren't. That's the pound of flesh Cohen gave the prosecutors for his deal.

Yeah Golfing Gator , that is why he recorded the blob…it was just in case he was ever raided. He planted the tapes of his discussing paying hush money to Macdougal in hopes that the authorities would find it so he could then plead guilty to non existent crimes so that it could appear to be shady when, in fact, Cohen is just playing his role as Trump’s fixer while clandestinely cooperating with authorities to be the inside man on the investigation so he can report back to President Trump.

Simple!

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...
It's unethical, secretive, deceptive, and not the example an American president should be showing the world.

It may be legal but it's unethical behavior that should be beneath an American president, shame on him
Yeah, but inserting your cigar into an intern's vagina in the Oval office is the ultimate in respectability! Right, moron?

--LOL

You’re stating that

There is no where in the universe that such an absurd allegation makes sense…especially when one considers the guy who entered a guilty plea is an attorney himself.

But hey, you’re a trump dick sucker…nobody is expecting you to be smart, honest, moral or anything like that.

Not outraged; in fact, I’m enjoying your rather bizarre stance that a lawyer pled guilty to something that wasn’t a crime. It shows the very loose grip on reality that you and other trump dick suckers have.

troll boy the FEC regulations have been posted showing it was legal

outraged oh you will be when this " we really got him this time" flops

You’re stating that

He plead guilty to campaign finance violations….
If it were legal, he wouldn’t have pled guilty….
I’m not sure what part of this that is vague….

Why would he payoff someone he has never had a relationship with, like he has repeatedly said....
The loser is so pathetic he can't even imagine what it's like to be a famous billionaire.

He would have plead guilty to fucking a unicorn in the ass if that would reduce his sentence.

--LOL@UDUPE

he can plead to whatever he has been forced too

The candidate
When candidates use or loan their personal funds for campaign purposes, they are making contributions to their campaigns. Unlike other contributions, these candidate contributions are not subject to any limits.

Who can and can't contribute - FEC.gov

so there is no such thing as a crime of excessive campaign contribution (fake crime)

Forum List

Back