Pelosi and House Democrats Screw Up Everything Again

The bill created with bipartisan support in the senate, with many concessions made by the GOP, was shot down as Nancy Pelosi (a congresswoman not a senator) stepped in last minute with a list of demands. The bill promised 1.8 trillion in relief to individual families with a 3,000$ check, 500 billion to financially aid states and cities in need, and support for business loosing money that have been forced to shut down.
Legislation must pass both houses of Congress.

It’s perfectly appropriate and warranted Pelosi expresses concerns about a measure that doesn’t take into consideration the needs of American workers.
You dumbshits...there was time designed into the bill to discuss the items in the bill. This was a block, that didn’t accomplish anything other than a block...During a fucking global pandemic. BTW a bill that Dems co-authored, and that the GOP made concessions on almost every aspect of the bill. Pelosi could’ve made a bill, she didn’t. This was done so the GOP doesn’t get credit, but of course that shit only matters to the dems during a fucking pandemic. Basically half a Trillion goes straight to the people, another half of a Trillion go to the states and cities to help cover the unemployment, so also the people. Then the rest go to business so people hopefully have jobs to come back to after this is over. NEWS FLASH: many won’t. As well as to the states in their effort to fight the pandemic. It’s funny how the left chose this single moment to all of a sudden care about the government picking winners and losers, when it’s something they advocate for on a daily basis. It’s totally fine to spend 1.8 trillion stimulus on business that fucked themselves for being shitty companies when Obama’s in...but when there’s a pandemic and we shut down everything possible, now we need to be frugal. Totally not political maneuvering during an unprecedented global crises.

My guess is there is nothing frugal about McConnell's rewrite that was crafted without Democratic input. I'm guessing that's why Republican leadership redid the Pelosi/Mnuchin bill that they worked the entire last weekend on. While I'll hold judgement until I see what McConnell and the rest of his cronies dropped in the bill, I can speculate that it includes generous tax cuts for the same businesses and donors that benefitted from the last one while reducing benefits for working people. If that is the case, always good to see the Republican party has its priorities in line.

Nancy P is getting eviscerated for this and rightly so. The Democrats have been a no-show on this entire crisis and when they DO show up, it's with THIS.

You're gonna get destroyed in November at this point and you must know it

Always good to see the selective memory disorder that Republicans suffer from. Must give you some pleasure to be able to thump your chest for a few hours and deflect blame to the other side when your guy at the top has just been puking all over his shoes for the last two months. I'll wait to see what's been dropped in the bill. Mnuchin and the administration by proxy signed off on the bill they worked all of last weekend on. Then Mitch gets it and all the sudden it's like every other bill that shows up on his desk, magically altered or roundfiled. He's had this in his pocket all week. Where was your outrage then? Let's see what's been added or subtracted, then you can proclaim hollow political victories. Right now, nothing's changed.

The Senate Dems approved this bill and worked on it, and Nancy blew it up.

Shameful. This will not work out well for you.

Your partisan outrage is noted. And no, it doesn't look like they approved it. It looks like they barely got a chance to look at it. And Mitch pulls the same crap he always does. Bail the corporations out, screw the worker..some of whom are on the actual front lines against this outbreak. THAT's what's shameful. Again, I'll wait to see what the final bill is.
Senate GOP ramps up pressure on Democrats with Monday vote

The bill created with bipartisan support in the senate, with many concessions made by the GOP, was shot down as Nancy Pelosi (a congresswoman not a senator) stepped in last minute with a list of demands. The bill promised 1.8 trillion in relief to individual families with a 3,000$ check, 500 billion to financially aid states and cities in need, and support for business loosing money that have been forced to shut down.

It’s perfectly appropriate and warranted Pelosi expresses concerns about a measure that doesn’t take into consideration the needs of American workers.
You dumbshits...there was time designed into the bill to discuss the items in the bill. This was a block, that didn’t accomplish anything other than a block...During a fucking global pandemic. BTW a bill that Dems co-authored, and that the GOP made concessions on almost every aspect of the bill. Pelosi could’ve made a bill, she didn’t. This was done so the GOP doesn’t get credit, but of course that shit only matters to the dems during a fucking pandemic. Basically half a Trillion goes straight to the people, another half of a Trillion go to the states and cities to help cover the unemployment, so also the people. Then the rest go to business so people hopefully have jobs to come back to after this is over. NEWS FLASH: many won’t. As well as to the states in their effort to fight the pandemic. It’s funny how the left chose this single moment to all of a sudden care about the government picking winners and losers, when it’s something they advocate for on a daily basis. It’s totally fine to spend 1.8 trillion stimulus on business that fucked themselves for being shitty companies when Obama’s in...but when there’s a pandemic and we shut down everything possible, now we need to be frugal. Totally not political maneuvering during an unprecedented global crises.

My guess is there is nothing frugal about McConnell's rewrite that was crafted without Democratic input. I'm guessing that's why Republican leadership redid the Pelosi/Mnuchin bill that they worked the entire last weekend on. While I'll hold judgement until I see what McConnell and the rest of his cronies dropped in the bill, I can speculate that it includes generous tax cuts for the same businesses and donors that benefitted from the last one while reducing benefits for working people. If that is the case, always good to see the Republican party has its priorities in line.

Nancy P is getting eviscerated for this and rightly so. The Democrats have been a no-show on this entire crisis and when they DO show up, it's with THIS.

Always good to see the selective memory disorder that Republicans suffer from. Must give you some pleasure to be able to thump your chest for a few hours and deflect blame to the other side when your guy at the top has just been puking all over his shoes for the last two months. I'll wait to see what's been dropped in the bill. Mnuchin and the administration by proxy signed off on the bill they worked all of last weekend on. Then Mitch gets it and all the sudden it's like every other bill that shows up on his desk, magically altered or roundfiled. He's had this in his pocket all week. Where was your outrage then? Let's see what's been added or subtracted, then you can proclaim hollow political victories. Right now, nothing's changed.
What people remember prior to now, is wholly irrelevant. 100s of thousands of Americans were on the edge of their seat, most scared to death by the media, and lack of work; waiting for, and depending on this bill to pass, and the checks to start being sent out. And they know Nancy Pelosi stopped it from happening. That's all the majority of americans know. Its all they're likely to care about. And you can be damned sure that they will remember that...

Speaker Pelosi is trying to protect workers against the Republican slush fund to corporations! Go Nancy!

I don't know if you realize this or not. But corporations have been really fucked over by the virus. And many joints may not be reopening if this last much longer. Unless help is provided to corporations, these people will lose their jobs permanently and become permanent wards of the state.
The corporations are healthy, unlike the 2008 crash, and Trump had fed reserve rates dropped to near zero, for the big corporations and banks, they all have collateral and can borrow the money at zero percent interest.

We The people and smaller businesses, can not do that...

Plus the big corporations got a huge, as in HUGE permanent 35% tax cut just 2 years ago and instead of investing that boocoos of money in American employees as Trump said, they took the money to buy back stocks, making their stocks go way up in price....

The corporations have plenty of money on hand or zero interest to borrow.

The democrats believe that this time around, the corporations should not DICK US THE way they did the last time Repubs handed them billions, and should use the money we give them, to pay their employees while going through this crisis and not use it to line the ceos pockets.

YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE who works for a living, should understand this and support this, for us, for we the people.

Money doesn't grow on trees.... be wise with our tax dollars.

The irony of liberals suddenly realizing that money does not grow on trees.

I agree, actually, which is why I'm against a universal health care plan. You too?

I agree, which is why I think America should be FULLY OPEN for business, even amid this virus business. Tell my stupid Dem gov to open up bars, restaurants, hair salons and etc. You agree?
I agree about universal health care.

I do NOT agree to opening bars, restaurants, hair salons...during this chance to slow down the virus cases...

That would be irresponsible, and puts blood on your hands....

The Senate Dems approved this bill and worked on it, and Nancy blew it up.

Shameful. This will not work out well for you.

Your partisan outrage is noted. And no, it doesn't look like they approved it. It looks like they barely got a chance to look at it. And Mitch pulls the same crap he always does. Bail the corporations out, screw the worker..some of whom are on the actual front lines against this outbreak. THAT's what's shameful. Again, I'll wait to see what the final bill is.
Senate GOP ramps up pressure on Democrats with Monday vote

This wasn't a "screw the worker" situation. The workers were going to get direct checks.

This is a total Democrat failure which even the NYT noted. Also, this is going to kill the COVID panic stone dead. The clock on this panic runs out TODAY. People are going to say "screw it", give Trump his remaining seven days, and then go back to work. Mark it.

Speaker Pelosi is trying to protect workers against the Republican slush fund to corporations! Go Nancy!

I don't know if you realize this or not. But corporations have been really fucked over by the virus. And many joints may not be reopening if this last much longer. Unless help is provided to corporations, these people will lose their jobs permanently and become permanent wards of the state.
The corporations are healthy, unlike the 2008 crash, and Trump had fed reserve rates dropped to near zero, for the big corporations and banks, they all have collateral and can borrow the money at zero percent interest.

Plus the big corporations got a huge, as in HUGE permanent 35% tax cut just 2 years ago and instead of investing that boocoos of money in American employees as Trump said, they took the money to buy back stocks, making their stocks go way up in price....

The democrats believe that this time around, the corporations should not DICK US THE way they did the last time Repubs handed them billions, and should use the money we give them, to pay their employees while going through this crisis and not use it to line the ceos pockets.

YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE who works for a living, should understand this and support this, for us, for we the people.

I agree, actually, which is why I'm against a universal health care plan. You too?

I agree, which is why I think America should be FULLY OPEN for business, even amid this virus business. Tell my stupid Dem gov to open up bars, restaurants, hair salons and etc. You agree?

I do NOT agree to opening bars, restaurants, hair salons...during this chance to slow down the virus cases...

I'm done with the hyperbole in your last sentence. When you have to resort to hyperbole like that it means you are losing. That's what it means.

My son has a severe peanut allergy. If you eat peanuts and put peanut dust into the world you have blood on your hands. Someone could die. Like my son.

See how cheap and easy that is?

To put a finer spin on this: an economic DEPRESSION--yes, I said DEPRESSION-is not without cost. Domestic violence, substance abuse, suicide. Trauma.

That blood is on YOUR hands, since you think it's a great idea to have businesses closed.

Maybe you shouldn't be so damned quick to put blood on people's hands. What do you think?

What people remember prior to now, is wholly irrelevant. 100s of thousands of Americans were on the edge of their seat, most scared to death by the media, and lack of work; waiting for, and depending on this bill to pass, and the checks to start being sent out. And they know Nancy Pelosi stopped it from happening. That's all the majority of americans know. Its all they're likely to care about. And you can be damned sure that they will remember that...

Honestly, after two months of Trump fuck ups, NOW you're worried about the damage to people and their lives? We could have been way ahead of the curve dealing with this if not for the Trump enablers who allowed their deal leader to dismiss, deflect, campaign, and scream " this is their latest hoax!". And yes people do remember. They'll remember who was sitting in the White House and who DIDN"T act for almost two months while people got sick.

Honestly, after two months of Trump fuck ups, NOW you're worried about the damage to people and their lives? We could have been way ahead of the curve dealing with this if not for the Trump enablers who allowed their deal leader to dismiss, deflect, campaign, and scream " this is their latest hoax!". And yes people do remember. They'll remember who was sitting in the White House and who DIDN"T act for almost two months while people got sick.

Well right now, they approve.

Let's see what they think of Nancy's little stunt here....I predict, they will hate it. I also predict it will make this pandemic look weaker than shutting down the economy. I predict we start getting back to work aside from the most affected areas, and very soon. Like, next week

THANK GOD

Irrelevant. Pelosi really fucked the pooch on this one. And not one panicked American will blame the delay of the issuing of the checks on anyone but Pelosi. And they want them, need them now. No amount of TDS will save her, or her nearly defunct party from the fallout of this action.

Let's see what they think of Nancy's little stunt here....I predict, they will hate it. I also predict it will make this pandemic look weaker than shutting down the economy. I predict we start getting back to work aside from the most affected areas, and very soon. Like, next week

THANK GOD

We'll see. I've had multiple conversations with two relatives who are actually on the front lines of this outbreak, literally taking their lives in their own hands when they see a patient. They tell me that this is the critical week. We find out by the end of this week if we survive this or not. They tell me they don't have enough protective equipment and their colleagues are now starting to get sick, putting them under even more pressure. If Trump takes action in January, totally shutting down the economy might not have been necessary. You let people back out in groups too soon and that curve that was starting to flatten all the sudden rises up like a roller coaster hill again.

THANK GOD

We'll see. I've had multiple conversations with two relatives who are actually on the front lines of this outbreak, literally taking their lives in their own hands when they see a patient. They tell me that this is the critical week. We find out by the end of this week if we survive this or not. They tell me they don't have enough protective equipment and their colleagues are now starting to get sick, putting them under even more pressure. If Trump takes action in January, totally shutting down the economy might not have been necessary. You let people back out in groups too soon and that curve that was starting to flatten all the sudden rises up like a roller coaster hill again.

My state is one of the states hardest hit, with cases now over a thousand. We have 9 dead. Do the math on that, calculate the death rate on that. It is LESS THAN 1%

I do not care what you say. Americans are not going to put up with torpedoing our economy for a death rate that matches the yearly flu. Nor should we.

THANK GOD

And let me ask you something. How are they "Literally taking their lives in their own hands" when they see patients? Is this Bubonic Plague? Is it Ebola? Are they immuno compromised? Are they very old? I mean what is their REAL risk?

Why do liberals have to pant and preen and panic about EVERYthing?

There was nothing bi-partisan about it. McConnel tried to shove a bad bill down this country's throats and Democrats were right to stop it. This money should not be used for stock buybacks or raising CEO pay. Companies should be barred from raising CEO pay or using the money for stock buybacks. Workers should be the main focus here.

There was nothing bi-partisan about it. McConnel tried to shove a bad bill down this country's throats and Democrats were right to stop it. This money should not be used for stock buybacks or raising CEO pay. Companies should be barred from raising CEO pay or using the money for stock buybacks. Workers should be the main focus here.
AMEN!!!

Nope. Playing politics when people need help, now

As I have said, people are just going to say screw it at this point and go back to work, no matter what their stupid Dem governors say

THANK GOD

And let me ask you something. How are they "Literally taking their lives in their own hands" when they see patients? Is this Bubonic Plague? Is it Ebola? Are they immuno compromised? Are they very old? I mean what is their REAL risk?

The 34 year old doctor in China, who was the whistle blower on the virus, is now dead from the virus.

Getting healthcare workers sick with the virus, makes others in the hospital catch it while they are unaware they have caught it, then once they know they've caught it, they are quarantine and taken OFF the battlefield to help others.

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS? Sheesh...What is wrong with you? Holy Smokes you are one, messed up girl....!!!!! :eek:

THANK GOD

The 34 year old doctor in China, who was the whistle blower on the virus, is now dead from the virus.

Getting healthcare workers sick with the virus, makes others in the hospital catch it while they are unaware they have caught it, then once they know they've caught it, they are quarantine and taken OFF the battlefield to help others.

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS? Sheesh...What is wrong with you? Holy Smokes you are one, messed up girl....!!!!! :eek:

I do know that. It is a risk of the job. When you go into healthcare, YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH SICK AND INFECTIOUS PEOPLE

It is a known risk. Outside of that, they do not have any of the particular risk factors.

THANK GOD

I do know that. It is a risk of the job. When you go into healthcare, YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH SICK AND INFECTIOUS PEOPLE

It is a known risk. Outside of that, they do not have any of the particular risk factors.

Congratulations!, you've just answered your own question why governors and other political leaders (left and right) are "panting and preening". Because of the ignorant attitudes of people like you. Can't be trusted to do the right thing. Pretend like its no big deal, nothing to see here, its just the latest hoax, a conspiracy to get your guy. Back to normal. Well, let me enlighten you. Healthcare workers are at extreme risk because unless you've been crouching under a rock, only the sickest of the sick are getting hospital beds right now. This isn't the flu. It's more contagious and has a higher mortality rate. And I promise you that if your area of the country has a high infection rate..it's actually worse because not everyone who has symptoms is getting tested.

She didn't even read ObamaCare, but she's not passing this because Soros and the ChiComs are at war with America

You already tried this line in other posts.

And I'll ask again expecting deflection or lies.
Give me some actual proof of Soros involvement.
Actual PROOF.
First, I'd need to have the FBI swear out fake FISA warrants on him and them we'd monitor all his communications and then charges his personal attorney with separate crimes. That's how we'd get the proof

Forum List

Back