Pelosi: ‘Doesn’t Matter’ If Impeachment Cost Democrats The House

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Tribune CEO Evan Smith asked Nancy Pelosi: “Heading into the next election cycle, do you have any anxiety at all about any of the stuff we’re talking about impacting your ability to hold control of the House in 2020?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she responded. “Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. People say you have to take a political risk doing that. That doesn’t matter. That doesn’t matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections.”

Pelosi: 'Doesn't Matter' If Impeachment Cost Democrats The House

If you are saving the country from a rogue President who is undermining the country, why would you be in danger of losing the House?
You send win the house back in a landslide.

Of course if regular people understand that it is just a continuation of the Hoaxes that are part of the continuing coup, yeah I could see how you will lose The House.

If she believed that she would have already had an impeachment vote and moved this on to the Senate she has not done so because she knows it would put moderate Democrats in swing districts in danger. This has always been about politics.

The country should always come first without personal or political consideration.

(1) I laugh
(2) We have 300 Million people here with 300 million different ideas on what it means to put the country first.
(3) I realize that some may not agree

Personally I think that the current President does that better than any politician that I have ever seen.

(1) I realize some don't really want the country to come first - See Obama and like minded politicians and followers
(2) I realize that some may not agree

If she believed that she would have already had an impeachment vote and moved this on to the Senate she has not done so because she knows it would put moderate Democrats in swing districts in danger. This has always been about politics.

I don't disagree with your comment. It should never be a consideration but it is and that only speaks to how broken our system is that those we send to represent us are more concerned about themselves then the country.

Sometimes doing the right thing is costly. The hope should be that it's more costly to do the wrong thing.

Unfortunately, for to long those who have chosen to do the wrong thing have been rewarded.

The country should always come first without personal or political consideration.

(1) I laugh
(2) We have 300 Million people here with 300 million different ideas on what it means to put the country first.

Personally I think that the current President does that better than any politician that I have ever seen.

(1) I realize some don't really want the country to come first - See Obama and like minded politicians and followers

I never thought it would be a laughing matter to suggest Americans should always put the country first. I'm not sure how to respond to your post.

The topic is an important and a serious one and worthy of thoughtful discussion not party talking points.

Tribune CEO Evan Smith asked Nancy Pelosi: “Heading into the next election cycle, do you have any anxiety at all about any of the stuff we’re talking about impacting your ability to hold control of the House in 2020?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she responded. “Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. People say you have to take a political risk doing that. That doesn’t matter. That doesn’t matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections.”

Pelosi is a Patriot doing what is in the best interests of the nation rather than the party

Pelosi is a Patriot doing what is in the best interests of the nation rather than the party

So impeach. Let's get this moving.

Pelosi is laughable trying to come off like the moral one who will sacrifice her seat for the good of the Republic. If she wants to show her love of country, why not start by giving back all that government money that went to her old mans vineyard. I don't understand why anyone would believe that bug eyed phony.

(1) I laugh

I never thought it would be a laughing matter to suggest Americans should always put the country first. I'm not sure how to respond to your post.

The topic is an important and a serious one and worthy of thoughtful discussion not party talking points.

I laugh

(1) I laugh

I laugh

Apparently you laugh a lot.......

Whatever gets you through life. (grin)

Pelosi is not wrong, but politicians are masters of specious arguments. Winning elections is first and foremost. If the public had not shifted on impeachment, her idealism would not be on display.

Pelosi is laughable trying to come off like the moral one who will sacrifice her seat for the good of the Republic. If she wants to show her love of country, why not start by giving back all that government money that went to her old mans vineyard. I don't understand why anyone would believe that bug eyed phony.

Patriot Pelosi is fighting for Truth, Justice and the American Way

nancy-pelosi-announcement-01-abc-jc-190924_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

Last edited:

We have to be honest and recognize that Speaker Pelosi weighed her actions with maintaining control over the house. Control and power are always a factor when politicians are strategizing. With that said, she happens to be on the right side of this fight.

"Patriot Pelosi"

LOOOOOL

"Patriot Pelosi"

LOOOOOL

Check it out!

Notice the flag pin on her lapel?
Bigger than Trumps!

2018-12-20T215343Z_907797837_RC1C05C92170_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP-1024x777.jpg

Look at that tiny, tiny flag pin on Trumps lapel......Almost like he is ashamed to wear the flag

Forum List

Back