Pelosi tells Biden not to debate Trump?

Whether or not to debate is a calculated political decision. Biden is currently well ahead of Trump. He's never been a good off the cuff speaker AND, like Trump - he can be easily goaded. What are the best strategies? We haven't always had debates (they started in 1960) and even after, not all candidates participated AND debates haven't always affected winning/losing in the polls. Clinton was considered to have won the debates with Trump but she lost the election.

To me - the debates are more an interesting way to see candidates lay out their opinions on various issues and contrast the differences. Given Trump's unstable emotional state and cognitive deterioration over the past few years...it could be interesting. But in the end it's a political calculation.

~~~~~~

Guess like San Fran Nan you plotzed when Trump called for drug tests before the debates. That is very telling.

:lol: I don't take anything from the gateway pundit seriously. Trump can call for all he wants but until he subjects himself to a thorough and professional psychiatric exam and posts the results, it is just a joke.

Until Biden subjects himself to a thorough and professional cognitive test by a non-partisan doctor and posts the results, your sniffy little demands of Trump are a joke.

I can understand her saying that as it doesn't matter and is more a formality of the election process. People have decided who they are going to vote for. A debate will not change anything. The debate will be an opportunity for someone who will be a better debater embarrass Trump and address the lies that Trump is bound to say. It will be good reading.

Hate to break it to you, Sparky, but YOU are not the entire electorate. Just because you're politically obsessed doesn't mean other people are. It's important for the people to see the candidates laying out their plans and visions for the future and defending them against opposition, rather than just seeing carefully-scripted campaign ads and partisan hack stories from the media. Debates add context and create a fuller picture.

I'm also laughing at your idea that Dementia Joe is some debate champion who's going to really get in there and give Trump a seeing-to. Grandpa Badfinger was no great shakes as a debater even BEFORE he went senile.

Whether or not to debate is a calculated political decision. Biden is currently well ahead of Trump. He's never been a good off the cuff speaker AND, like Trump - he can be easily goaded. What are the best strategies? We haven't always had debates (they started in 1960) and even after, not all candidates participated AND debates haven't always affected winning/losing in the polls. Clinton was considered to have won the debates with Trump but she lost the election.

To me - the debates are more an interesting way to see candidates lay out their opinions on various issues and contrast the differences. Given Trump's unstable emotional state and cognitive deterioration over the past few years...it could be interesting. But in the end it's a political calculation.
Debates in the modern era are now expected

If Biden doesn't, it will make him look weak and scared.

The choice, of course, is Kamala's.

He has apparently agreed to 3
To back out now would mean that he would lose the independent vote.
I guess 1 vote could matter.

Biden can't win a debate with Trump and Pelosi knows it. Trump has already crushed over a dozen GOP candidates and Hillary in debates. That was before Trump banked 4 years experience as POTUS he's an even more dangerous debate opponent now. Poor Biden he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Right, Biden is well ahead of Trump, and we all know it will stay that way for over two months, don't we?

Comon Man! Trump has shown no mental deterioration of any kind. That's just your imagination along with wishful thinking. Polls show that even Democrat voters believe that Biden has dementia, and that he has no chance of survival debating the President. We on the right have been saying Biden will not debate Trump, or find a cheap excuse why he can't. Pelosi is reinforcing our claim.

The best strategy for Biden? Don't go anywhere near a debate. I'm sure Creepy Joe would like nothing better, but the people in his environment that are well aware of his severe speaking and thought disadvantages (Like Pelosi) are going to try and stop Biden from committing political suicide.

I can understand her saying that as it doesn't matter and is more a formality of the election process. People have decided who they are going to vote for. A debate will not change anything. The debate will be an opportunity for someone who will be a better debater embarrass Trump and address the lies that Trump is bound to say. It will be good reading.

~~~~~~
I think you're wrong. When and if there are three debates, It will show that Joey Xi Biden is not capable of a debate much less run this country.
Traditionally we have had debates between prospective presidential candidates for over 160 years. The most significant were the Lincoln-Douglas debate.

Read:

Hate to break it to you, Sparky, but YOU are not the entire electorate. Just because you're politically obsessed doesn't mean other people are. It's important for the people to see the candidates laying out their plans and visions for the future and defending them against opposition, rather than just seeing carefully-scripted campaign ads and partisan hack stories from the media. Debates add context and create a fuller picture.

I'm also laughing at your idea that Dementia Joe is some debate champion who's going to really get in there and give Trump a seeing-to. Grandpa Badfinger was no great shakes as a debater even BEFORE he went senile.

My point is that it will not change people's mind? If you believe that it does then that is fine.

It is funny that you believe that Trump has debating skills?

DT has called for a drug test for himself and JB before the first debate. Saying that JB performance in the democratic debates was an improved performance and it must be because of drugs.

Repeat of the same claims he made with Hillary. He wanted a drug test back in 2016. He is so predictable that it is funny.

Sounds scared to me of being made a fool of and throwing dirt out about they must be on drugs to do well in a debate.

My point is that it will not change people's mind? If you believe that it does then that is fine.

DT has called for a drug test for himself and JB before the first debate. Saying that JB performance in the democratic debates was an improved performance and it must be because of drugs.

Repeat of the same claims he made with Hillary. He wanted a drug test back in 2016. He is so predictable that it is funny.

Sounds scared to me of being made a fool of and throwing dirt out about they must be on drugs to do well in a debate.

Curious if you were alive in 2016.

Biden can't win a debate with Trump and Pelosi knows it. Trump has already crushed over a dozen GOP candidates and Hillary in debates. That was before Trump banked 4 years experience as POTUS he's an even more dangerous debate opponent now. Poor Biden he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

My heart bleeds for him. No, really.

It's not like he hasn't done this before, several times. He knew what it entailed and got into it anyway.

Right, Biden is well ahead of Trump, and we all know it will stay that way for over two months, don't we?

Comon Man! Trump has shown no mental deterioration of any kind. That's just your imagination along with wishful thinking. Polls show that even Democrat voters believe that Biden has dementia, and that he has no chance of survival debating the President. We on the right have been saying Biden will not debate Trump, or find a cheap excuse why he can't. Pelosi is reinforcing our claim.

The best strategy for Biden? Don't go anywhere near a debate. I'm sure Creepy Joe would like nothing better, but the people in his environment that are well aware of his severe speaking and thought disadvantages (Like Pelosi) are going to try and stop Biden from committing political suicide.

Problem is, it really is political suicide for him NOT to do it, given how many people believe he's got mental decline issues. If he doesn't debate, there's not a chance in the world they're going to be able to spin it away from being a confirmation of what Republicans have been saying all along.

Curious if you were alive in 2016.
Does it matter?

You can restate your point as though you think the only reason I disagreed with it is that I didn't understand it until your face turns blue. Won't change my answer.

It won't change anybody's mind AMONG PARTISAN POLITICAL JUNKIES LIKE YOU. Or like me, for that matter. But most people, even most people who vote, aren't political junkies at all. As hard as it might be for you to believe, there are a lot of voters in this country who don't have their minds made up in January with no reference to or interest in anything that happens between then and Election Day. There are a lot of voters in this country who don't even start paying attention to the election until after the conventions.

I don't think Trump has debating skills the way Ted Cruz, for example, has debating skills. I do think he has undeniable skills at reality TV and playing to crowds. That IS how he became President in the first place, after all. More to the point, though, I don't think Grandpa Badfinger's ever been particularly interesting in debates, and I think he's downright incoherent now.

You have no room to talk about "sounds scared to me" when YOUR party has been trying to get Dementia Joe out of debating for a while now.

Problem is, it really is political suicide for him NOT to do it, given how many people believe he's got mental decline issues. If he doesn't debate, there's not a chance in the world they're going to be able to spin it away from being a confirmation of what Republicans have been saying all along.

The Republicans put him in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position. But as you stated in another post, not a lot of people follow politics. I call them headline readers. It's the debates where they will learn things about both candidates for the first time.

In Creepy Joe's case, not only will he have to defend his failed 47 years in federal offices, but he's going to have to answer Trump when he brings up Burisma, Hunter, China, his xenophobe comment about the travel ban, his plans to stop all fracking which would more than double our fuel costs, not to mention killing tens of thousands of jobs. He'll have to answer to his position of greatly increasing taxes on our job producers. HIs thoughts about totally shutting down our country and mandated face masks. His plans for destroying our suburbs bringing property value way down for millions of people.

That's why I say Joe debating Trump would be a huge mistake on his part. He's defenseless on his past and his future plans. It's to his benefit that few as possible know what his real plans our for this country.

Her reasoning is that "he is not worth it".

WTH?

Of course, we all know the reason, and she, for the first time in her entire life, is correct. Trump would destroy the career corrupt politician turned dementia patient, so dementia Joe should not debate Trump.

Why do you spread non-truth?

In her interview Pelosi SHE would not debate Trump. Biden does not take orders from Pelosi, and Pelosi did not order Biden not to debate Trump.

This was Pelosi running off at the mouth. Of you notice, Pelosi has already done a '180', no doubt after being rebuked by Biden's campaign...

...which is smart enough now that backing out is no longer an option. If Biden refuses to debate it will confirm everyone's belief Biden is not fit to do so...or be President.

The Republicans put him in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position. But as you stated in another post, not a lot of people follow politics. I call them headline readers. It's the debates where they will learn things about both candidates for the first time.

In Creepy Joe's case, not only will he have to defend his failed 47 years in federal offices, but he's going to have to answer Trump when he brings up Burisma, Hunter, China, his xenophobe comment about the travel ban, his plans to stop all fracking which would more than double our fuel costs, not to mention killing tens of thousands of jobs. He'll have to answer to his position of greatly increasing taxes on our job producers. HIs thoughts about totally shutting down our country and mandated face masks. His plans for destroying our suburbs bringing property value way down for millions of people.

That's why I say Joe debating Trump would be a huge mistake on his part. He's defenseless on his past and his future plans. It's to his benefit that few as possible know what his real plans our for this country.

I feel confident in saying that putting him in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position was entirely intentional. :D

Joe Biden has bigger problems, trying to defend all his proposed tax increases. The idiot touched the third rail by vowing in crease taxes on 401k's and IRA's. According to Joe Biden people who contribute more to their retirement must be PUNISHED with a tax hike so that it's 'fair' for people who contribute less. So brilliant idea, a race to the bottom. Can Democrats be any more stupid and retarded???

Forum List

Back