Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to what Jesus told His followers:

Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.Context

The Seventy-Two Return with Joy
…18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. 20"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

In these scriptures Jesus is speaking of a different type of snake and scoripion. What are they? They are demonic spirits. What does Jesus say? He says, I have give you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy - what enemy? Satan. He is our enemy.

His demonic spirits operate through human beings who allow him to use their mouth, their hands, their feet, to do his evil works. The feet of the wicked move swiftly to do evil. That is why the fall into the pits they dig for others. The wicked are suddenly destroyed because after so many warnings to repent - if they continue to remain rebellious and defy God Almighty - the judgment of God is pronounced upon them and then it is over. Who is telling them to repent? The Holy Spirit. He is able to speak to the conscience of any man or woman. Never doubt it. As for the believer......

God is giving us clear instruction here. In Ephesians 6 you see the weapons of our warfare are not carnal - we do not do battle the way the carnal minded people of this world do battle. We do not return evil for evil. We pick up the Sword of the Spirit - The Word of God and declare It is written! over the situation! We pray and we also pray for our enemies! Because our warfare is not against flesh and blood! We pray their deliverance in and then? Then Satan loses another one of his workers and the LORD has just received another human life - saved from the fires of hell! Another one born into the Kingdom of God because they repented and cried out to the Lord! Glory to God! This is our warfare and the warfare is glorious! When all hell is coming against you? Know that you are making headway in the battle and God is with you all the way to victory, beloved! All the way!

Last edited:
It is time to Celebrate! This is the song! Now is the Time! Yay! God! I Praise You, O God!

[ame=http://youtu.be/OmCFtB-S6RA]I WILL CELEBRATE W/ LYRICS - YouTube[/ame]

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.Context

Where O Death is Your Victory?
…56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 57but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Cross References

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.

Last edited:
Did you get ahold of that word in 1 Corinthians 15: 57, Beloved? What did he say? He said, Therefore, my Beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD,knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord! What does that mean? It means you need to be steadfast, you need to be immovable - what does immovable mean? Unshakable! Rock steady! Holding Fast! Standing Strong! Do not be moved! Be steadfast in what? Be immovable on what account? In the work of the Lord which you should always be abounding in! What else?

You should know that your labor is not in vain when it is in the LORD, beloved! Those who labor outside the Lord? That work will burn up - but In the LORD? Your labor is not in vain. You should know it. God wants you to know it. That is why He has His Own Servant speak that edifying and encouraging Word to the Corinthian church and not only to them but to this generation of believers too! We need to thank God because it is God who has given us the victory through Jesus Christ! It is through Jesus Christ that ever victory is accomplished! If you didn't have any battles in your life, beloved, how would you ever know this? How would you ever know victory through Jesus Christ if not for the battles and trials? Thank God for your trials! Thank God for your battles! Thank God for your sufferings! It is Romans 8:28 all the way and it is all for your benefit and for your good! Glory to God in the Highest! I praise Jesus! Amen!

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite songs! I like the one that a little grandma sings but I cannot find that one this morning! I did find this one though and I like it! The sister singing the lead in the song is just precious! She surely has a lovely voice! The choir is quite excellent too! This is the song of the redeemed! Victory is Mine! Sing it, Church!

[ame=http://youtu.be/9NngP3uCVOs]Victory Is Mine! - YouTube[/ame]

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.Context

The Lord is My Strength
…6Blessed be the LORD, Because He has heard the voice of my supplication. 7The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. 8The LORD is their strength, And He is a saving defense to His anointed.…

Cross References

Psalm 3:3
But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Psalm 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 26:1
Of David. Vindicate me, LORD, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD and have not faltered.

Last edited:
Last edited:
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.Context

The Prayer of Faith
…15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. 17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.…

I like that! The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much! The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective! Let us use our tongues to bless and not curse! Let us love the unlovely and pray God's mercy and everlasting kindness and goodness upon others so that they will know the Love of Jesus Christ! It is the kindness of the Lord that leads people to repentance! The LORD is good and merciful. He is longsuffering and kind. Blessed be the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't know about ya'll but sometimes I feel all scrunched up inside and I'm not feeling so kind in my thoughts! God knows it too! Because He is the discerner of the heart and the mind! It is then I realize that apart from God there is no good in me! None! We need the LORD every second! Left to ourselves we cannot do a thing! Oh! Thank God for the Cross of Jesus Christ that through Jesus we can do all things!

Last edited:
You know not too long ago the Holy Spirit was ministering to me about the will. He showed me that in order to really have effectual prayer in something I had been praying about - I had to first discern the will of God in it. Because sometimes His will is not the same as my will! So I repented and said, Okay, Lord! Show me your will in this matter! And He did! Now we know that Jesus was tempted in all things just as man has been and yet He sinned not! We also know that Jesus had to surrender His own will to the Father's will because in the garden of Gethsemane He prayed a prayer that revealed that He did! Look at this!

Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Context

Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives
…41And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done." 43Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him.…

Cross References

Matthew 6:10
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Last edited:
Our flesh is not the only thing that must be crucified. Our own will must be crucified too. There is no such thing as Gods will and our own will and us taking turns. It is all God's will and none of our own. We must surrender our own will ( in all matters great and small ) to the Will of God Almighty. It is His will alone that matters. Not mans. We get in the way of Gods will in a matter and refuse to move into His Will and things can go bad real fast! Let us obey God and submit ourselves fully to Him and to His Will! Amen? Amen!

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Context

Paul Confronts Peter
…19"For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Cross References

Song of Solomon 7:10
I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me.

Last edited:
Here is a right now Word. This is along the lines of what the Spirit of the LORD has been speaking to my heart about. I believe the LORD is doing a great work. He is doing a great Work. HE is.

Isaiah 45:11 "This is what the LORD says-- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?

clip from commentary on link:

And now the Lord allows his people, and encourages them to "ask" of him these things; to inquire of him by prayer, and by searching the Scriptures, what these things are that are to come; what of them have been accomplished, and what of them remain to be accomplished, "and how long it will be to the end of these wonders", Daniel 12:6, and so Jarchi interprets the word, rendered "things to come in the text", signs and wonders: and they may and should pray for the accomplishment of them; yea, insist upon and demand them. The Lord not only allows his people to put him in remembrance of his promises and prophecies, but to plead for, and, as it were, require the performance of them; and so the words are an encouragement to the importunate prayer of faith. Faith in prayer has great power with God, a kind of command over him; it holds him to his word; it will not let him go without the blessing; nor let him alone till he has made good his promise; nor give him any rest, day nor night, till he has fulfilled the things to come concerning his sons. Some (r) read the words by way of interrogation, "do ye ask or question me concerning things to come?" what I intend to do hereafter? am I obliged to give you an account of my secret purposes and designs? or make you acquainted with future events? "do ye, or should ye, command me concerning, my sons and the works of my hands?" will you prescribe to me what I shall do in my family? am I a father, and must I be directed what to do with my sons? am I the Maker of all men, and must I be told what to do with the work of my hands? what arrogance and insolence is this! but the former reading and sense are best.

In all of this, it is important to realize that we must discern the Will of God to come into agreement with Him in His Work because this is the LORD's work! God forbid we are not in agreement with Him and praying our own will in a matter! If that be the case then we are literally directing God on how to handle His Own Affairs! God forbid! How can we know the Will of God? We pray Thy Will be done, Lord! Not my will, but Thy Will be done! We, by an act of Faith surrender our own will fully unto the Will of God. Then we receive great answers from the LORD in prayer - according to His Will! What a beautiful thing it is to know that if we seek to know the Will of God in a matter we shall know it! In fact, Jesus even said in John 7:17 if any man sought to know the will of God and was willing to do the will of God , once they knew it then he would reveal it to them and they would know it! I am not quoting the scripture I am merely telling the content of what he said in that verse. I will post the verse so you can see it for yourselves. It is very important to be "willing" to do the will of God once you know it. Even if it is uncomfortable for you. Know that when you are uncomfortable? God is comfortable! ( get comfortable with being uncomfortable - eventually it will fade away and you'll get used to it )

Last edited:
Here it is! John 7: 17!

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Context

Jesus Teaches at the Feast
…16So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 17"If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself. 18"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.…

Cross References

Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

Psalm 25:14
The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.

Proverbs 3:32
For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 28:5
Evildoers do not understand what is right, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

Daniel 12:10
Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

God shares his secrets with His servants. Did you know that? He does. It is written in Amos 3:7. God does share His secrets with His servants. What Jesus said is if we are willing to do God's will ( not our own will! ) then we shall know it. This is not only pertaining to the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, not only pertaining to becoming a child of God, but also in every matter that we cannot seem to find an answer in. We must wait upon the Lord. We must wait upon the LORD. Waiting is not a popular word in the vocabulary of today's generation but it is key with God. Servants wait upon the LORD. The King does not "wait upon His servants"... His servants "wait upon the LORD". Amen.

Last edited:
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Context

Here is Your God!
…30Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, 31Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Cross References

Luke 18:1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

2 Corinthians 4:1
Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.

2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Hebrews 12:3
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Notice the verses they chose to unite with Isaiah 40:31? How beautifully it all fits together! If you do not know the will of God in a matter why not pray LORD, not my will be done but your will be done! Pray the LORD's Prayer! God will honor that! He will surely honor that prayer! Far more then you praying something out of your soul which was birthed by your own flesh rather than the Spirit of God! Yikes! Let's not pray soulish prayers! That is witchcraft, people! Praying your own will against a human being is called witchcraft whether you realize it or not. It is. Let's not ever do that. Pray for your enemies, bless your enemies, do good to your enemies, speak no evil word against your enemies. If you have a trouble and need Gods help pray Avenge me of my enemies O God! Continue to pray that prayer over and over each time the matter comes to you and you shall see God avenge you of your enemies. But do not avenge them yourself. Not even by a soulish prayer. Stay lined up with the Word of God and pray as Jesus told you to pray. Then you shall see the Hand of God move on your behalf, Beloved.

Last edited:
Psalm 59:10 my God on whom I can rely. God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.

Context

Deliver Me from My Enemies, My God
…9Because of his strength I will watch for You, For God is my stronghold. 10My God in His lovingkindness will meet me; God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes. 11Do not slay them, or my people will forget; Scatter them by Your power, and bring them down, O Lord, our shield.…

King David said this. Proverbs tells us we should not rejoice when we see God punish our enemies. We should pray for our enemies and pray for those who are lost to be saved because apart from the grace of God we'd be in the same condition. So we are to pray for our enemies. Nevertheless the Word of God is quite clear in both the Old and the New Testament that God will avenge His children and trouble those who cause us trouble. Always put everything into the Hands of God. Commit thy ways unto the LORD. The Word of God does not contradict itself. It has to be rightly divided. Look at this scripture verse on the same matter:

http://biblehub.com/proverbs/24-17.htm

When your enemy has fallen, do not rejoice, and when he is overthrown, let not your heart leap for joy.

Last edited:
The former scriptures were from Proverbs and Psalms - both Old Testament. Here is one of the scriptures on the subject from the New Testament:

2 Thessalonians 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you

5This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire,…

Cross References

Exodus 23:22
If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, "God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."

Jeremiah 50:29
"Summon archers against Babylon, all those who draw the bow. Encamp all around her; let no one escape. Repay her for her deeds; do to her as she has done. For she has defied the LORD, the Holy One of Israel.

Colossians 3:25
Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them

Last edited:
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Context

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…

Cross References

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

What does this mean? It means that whatever you sow you shall reap. What are you sowing? Are you sowing trouble? You shall reap trouble. Are you sowing justice and mercy? You shall reap justice and mercy. If you do good unto others - good shall come back unto you - if you are doing evil unto others - evil shall come back unto you - and if you are returning evil for good - evil shall not depart from your house. That is the Word of the LORD.

Last edited:
Here it is.

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Context

Turn from Evil
8To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; 9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. 10For, "THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT.…

Last edited:
Proverbs 17:13 Evil will never leave the house of one who pays back evil for good.Context

Better a Dry Morsel with Quietness
…12Let a man meet a bear robbed of her cubs, Rather than a fool in his folly. 13He who returns evil for good, Evil will not depart from his house. 14The beginning of strife is like letting out water, So abandon the quarrel before it breaks out.…

There is a curse upon the person who returns evil for good. Just as there are blessings on those who return good for evil. This is another example of how God's ways are higher than our ways. Whereas humans have a propensity to take matters into their own hands, God encourages us on to bless our enemies and do some kindness unto them and not attempt to move the circumstances one way or another - but rather wait on the LORD. The more you move into the Will of God for your life, obeying God in whatever little matter He speaks to your heart, the more He will begin to reveal to you how mightily He moves on your behalf! You cannot outbless God, neither can any man curse what God has blessed! God sits on His Throne and laughs at those who try to curse what He has blessed! God is in full control of everything. That is the message and that is the truth. God's love for mankind is very great. His mercy and compassion beyond measure. He is longsuffering and very kind and our desire should be to be as He is. God is perfect.

Last edited:
Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Context

Love Your Enemies
…47"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Cross References

Leviticus 19:2
"Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.

Deuteronomy 18:13
You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

2 Samuel 22:31
"As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 5:47
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

2 Corinthians 7:1
Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Ephesians 5:1
Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children

Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

When Jesus taught us to love our enemies he was not speaking of our brethren who have believed upon Him for salvation. ( although some may feel like an enemy or attack you - forgive them 7 x's 70 too ) Jesus was speaking of any enemy - no matter how horrific his behavior - have mercy upon him knowing that if that wretched lost soul was to die suddenly he would be cast into hell immediately to suffer torments no human on this earth can fathom unless the LORD has given that one a vision of hell before! So have compassion! Because by your kind behavior you may actually be able to convince that lost soul that they are perishing!

If we fight, argue, talk with a sarcastic tone, or hateful tone - we will never be able to win them. I do not discount there are times when God will have someone speak a firm word - John Knox had plenty of strong words - and many servants before him, even the Apostle Paul who told that sorcerer Elymas, Oh full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the LORD? Then Paul pronounced blindness on Elymas and instantly he became a blind man who could see nothing! That story is in Acts 13: 6 - 13 - so there are times the Spirit of God will show up and that word goes forth and that is it. That is part of new testament teaching and I am fully aware of it - but I also know Paul walked in great love and mercy towards people because he knew where he had come from.

He was the chief of sinners as he said, so his heart was greatly moved for the worst of the worst. But in Elymas's case - he didn't fare so well because he had made the mistake of trying to stand in the way of Paul delivering the message of salvation to his companion who was the deputy of the country at the time. I heard Lester Sumrall pronounce the judgment of God upon someone once and it was something to hear him when he did it. It is a very frightening thing for someone to fall under such a judgment but let the Spirit of the LORD decide these things and not human flesh! Sumrall was a spiritual Giant and one of the meekest and most gentle of men but when he came under the anointing, Watch Out! Kind of reminds me of Wigglesworth in that regard. Come to think of it I believe Sumrall was friends with Wigglesworth. Amazing how men of like anointings seemed to gravitate one to another. I think men find men like themselves. A man is known by the company he keeps. That is what the bible says.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back