Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psalm 1

Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season, his leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: But are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

[ame=http://youtu.be/tLc8YeXP8FY]i shall not be moved - Mississippi John Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/OGoVHeHh5w4]Nearer My God to Thee, Mississippi John Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.

Context

I will Give Thanks with My Whole Heart
…6For though the LORD is exalted, Yet He regards the lowly, But the haughty He knows from afar. 7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. 8The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/nC29ITqNRpY]I'll Fly Away - Mississippi John Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/jjsIz_5e9hA]Do Lord Remember Me Mississippi John Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

Praise God! Brother Michael Boldea Jr. just put up Part 2 of - The Purpose of Trials - Sermon today! 8/9/2014

Hand of Help Ministries

Another purpose of trials, one that is often overlooked and even derided by the more libertine among us, is that it produces discipline in our lives. Trials teach us discipline. Trials teach us obedience. Trials teach us in ways that prosperity and good times never could.

Hebrews 5:8, “Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.”

This passage in Hebrews is speaking of none other than the Christ, and it tells us that even though He was a Son, even He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. If Christ learned obedience by His suffering, would logic not conclude that we too learn obedience by our sufferingIt is love that tests our faith through trials, making it stronger, and more grounded, before the enemy has a chance to attack and attempt to destroy us. The love of God tests our faith to teach us discipline, to teach us obedience, to teach us dependence, so that when we engage the enemy we are not infantile in our thinking or our strength, but soldiers of Christ in the truest most complete sense of the word.

If we had not learned, and grown, and matured in our trials, would we even stand a chance against the onslaught of the enemy? If we had not been taught to obey and to depend and to be disciplined soldiers in our afflictions, would we have known what to do when we found ourselves on the battlefield? It is easy to make light of these things, to brush them off and say that was for another time, or God wouldn’t test us that way nowadays, but the Word remains true yesterday, today, and forevermore, just as God remains true.

When we perceive our trials for what they are, and understand their purpose, we realize God is not being mean, He is being loving. God is not being a cruel taskmaster, but an adoring Father whose deepest desire is to see His sons and daughters being welcomed into His kingdom. Even Christ learned obedience through His sufferings. What lessons is our suffering teaching us? What lessons are our trials attempting to convey? These are important questions, because if we don’t perceive the lesson, if we do not grow, if we do not learn obedience, then the trial will repeat until the lesson has been learned, and we have gone beyond the level of wisdom we found ourselves in before the trial started.

Can we say suffering has taught us obedience? If not, then why not?

Is it perhaps because we saw the trials and suffering as something negative, something to be avoided, and circumvented at any cost? Is it perhaps because we see countless self-appointed teachers telling us that the testing of our faith is no longer a prerequisite, that God no longer attempts to teach us through our trials but rather only through our blessings?

continue reading on link above....

Last edited:
2 Timothy 2:3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

Context

Grace and Perseverance
…2The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.…

Last edited:
Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Context

How Lovely are Your Dwellings!
…9Behold our shield, O God, And look upon the face of Your anointed. 10For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.…

Last edited:
Acts 2:2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.

Context
The Holy Spirit at Pentecost

1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3And there appeared to them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat on each of them. 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. 12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What means this? 13Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
Cross References
Ezekiel 3:12
Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place.

Acts 2:3
And there appeared to them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat on each of them.

Acts 2:6
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/ffsQKJwKJnw]Forever Grateful, Marty Nystrom, Hosanna! Music, Mark Altrogge - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back