Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith Knows the Final Score

Faith Knows the Final Score

How would you watch a game if you knew beforehand that your team had already won?

A person knew he was going to miss an important sports event, so he had it recorded to watch at a later time. However, before watching the game, he inadvertently found out that his team had won. How would news of his team’s victory affect his watching of the game?

How would he react if his team played poorly in the first half? Would he get nervous? Not if he was confident in what he had heard. He would know that a turnaround was on the way. He would have the knowledge and confidence, that no matter how bad it may look, something would have to happen to give his team the victory. In fact, instead of becoming nervous, he would become excited, anticipating that miraculous turnaround moment. He would know that it had to occur because his team had already won!He has this confidence because he is now watching the game backward, from the perspective of the known ending. Everything now is being viewed in relation to the knowing that his team has already won. The only remaining unknown is the manner in which it will happen. The moment he found out that his team had won, winning stopped being a possibility (a hope), and instead became a known fact, which is the basis of faith. How silly would it be to watch a rerun of a game where you already knew your team had won, and still worry about whether they will win?

Everything now is being viewed in relation to the knowing that his team has already won.

His trust in the victory is determined by his level of trust in the source of the news. If the source was credible, he could be extremely confident. If, on the other hand, the source was, say, a stray comment overheard from a stranger, he could have room to doubt. In other words, the weight of the observed circumstances only matters if the information source is not trusted or credible. The only thing that matters is how well he heard and how trusted is the source. Everything depends on that and that alone.

“…I believe God that it will turn out exactly as I have been told.” Paul –Acts 27:25

Being in faith is much like watching this recorded sports event. We watch the players sweat and strain and run back and forth. There are moments when things look good, and moments when things do not look so good, but in the end, it is all irrelevant, we know who wins.Faith is not merely being ability to watch a game with confidence or with a positive attitude.Faith is not mustering confidence or trying to ignore the losing moments. It is not trying to speak courageously of victory through personal strength and discipline when all appears lost.This has no foundation. Faith is not something you muster on your own from within, it is something you receive from without.

I really hope someone gets ahold of this because it is the truth. Faith knows the final score. It has to know it. When I am in Faith over something you could not pry it off of me with iron bars. I know I've got it and I watch it come in and that is before the game even starts. It is a done deal. Believe God!! Faith knows the final score.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/FPrbIuKDmH8]Only Believe All Things Are Possible - YouTube[/ame]

Psalm 37:20 Parallel: But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Cross References

Psalm 18:37
I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

Psalm 37:38
But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

Psalm 68:2
As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

Psalm 73:27
For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

Psalm 92:9
For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

Last edited:
When I hear this brother sing? I hear a man of God baptised in the fire of Pentacost! Glory to God!

[ame=http://youtu.be/XWHoVNaVo_I]"I'm One Of Them Today"- Elder James Lenox - YouTube[/ame]

Here are the lyrics to a song with a very similar title but different song. It is an old Gospel song that will surely bless those who have sought the baptism of the Holy Ghost!

Lyrics: Hymns - I'm Glad I'm One of Them

Refrain

They were gathered in the upper room,
All praying in His Name,
They were baptized in the Holy Ghost,
And power for service came;
Now what He did for them that day
He'll do for you the same,
And I'm so glad that I can say I am one of them

Click link to see all the lyrics to the song!

Last edited:
This is Pentacostal Fire Worship! How glorious!

[ame=http://youtu.be/xOs6eX8DARw]Holiness Youth Camp 2010 singing "I'm One Of Them" - YouTube[/ame]

Acts 2:2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Context

The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
1When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them.…

Cross References

Ezekiel 3:12
Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound as the glory of the LORD rose from the place where it was standing.

Acts 2:3
They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

Acts 2:6
When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.

Acts 4:31
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Last edited:
This is my prayer for today!

Habakkuk 3:2 LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.

Context

Habakkuk's Prayer

1A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet, according to Shigionoth. 2LORD, I have heard the report about You and I fear. O LORD, revive Your work in the midst of the years, In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy. 3God comes from Teman, And the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah. His splendor covers the heavens, And the earth is full of His praise.…

Last edited:
Praising, Worshiping, Glorifying God!

God loves it!

The devil can't stand it!

It strengthens the Believer in Jesus Christ and weakens the devil!

As if he wasn't weak as water already! As sure as the LORD lives Jesus has put Him under our feet with the power given to us in Luke 10:19, Christians! Speak the Word!

It is written:

Behold, I give unto you power to trample upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm you. - Luke 10:19

If God said it? That settles it! Amen? Amen!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Context

God's Word is Living and Active
12For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Cross References

Psalm 45:3
Gird your sword on your side, you mighty one; clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 149:6
May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

Last edited:
A Morning Prayer for Guidance - PSALM 5 -

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Heaken unto the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for unto thee will I pray.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD. In the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and I will look up. For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness, neither shall evil dwell with thee.

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy, and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies, make thy paths straight before my face. For there is no faithfulness in their mouth, their inward part is very wickedness, their throat is an open sepluchre, they flatter with their tongue.

Destroy thou them, O GOD, let them fall by their own counsels, cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions: for they have rebelled against thee.

But let all those that have put their trust in thee rejoice, let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them, let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Amen.

The LORD inhabits the praises of His People! We desire thy presence this morning, O God! We magnify thy Holy Name!

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://youtu.be/zVqWEtfpTgo]Lord I Lift Your Name On High - Maranatha Singers (With Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Put on the Garment of Praise for the spirit of heaviness......

Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planCross References

Matthew 15:13
He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are co-workers in God's service; you are God's field, God's building.

Hebrews 1:9
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Psalm 45:7
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Glory to God! I tell you the truth! God inhabits the praises of His people! What a privledge it is to enter His gates with praise and His courts with thanksgiving! I am so grateful for knowing Jesus as my Savior! What joy it is to know the Master! To serve Him!

Last edited:
Acts 28:3 Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand.

Context

Paul at Malta
…2The natives showed us extraordinary kindness; for because of the rain that had set in and because of the cold, they kindled a fire and received us all. 3But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened itself on his hand. 4When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they began saying to one another, "Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, and though he has been saved from the sea, justice has not allowed him to live."…

Do you notice that when that viper came out because of the heat and bit the Apostle Paul, he latched on and wouldn't let go? When a viper strikes that thing strikes and is gone. But this viper was no ordinary viper! I believe this viper was on assignment to kill Paul because Paul was preaching and the heat was on!! Ha! Ha! Do not be surprised, beloved, if when you preach or defend the faith - that some two legged vipers feel the heat and try to strike you and latch onto you either! What should you do? Shake it off into the fire! Shake it off! Oh my gosh! I feel a sermon coming on! Somebody help me here! I tell you the truth! Heat is good! Heat is fantastic!! Everything grows faster and much more lush in the heat! Look at the tropical climates and what do you see? Lush green foliage, everything growing very, very fast! At night the dew falls! Yes, when the heat is on during the day? The nightime brings the dew and refreshes. You will grow many times faster when the heat is on then when everything is cool and nothing is happening! Cold climates produce nothing! Nada! Zilch! Get it? Whatever is true in the spirit realm is manifest in the natural realm! Everything in the natural realm is a reflection of what is going on in the spiritual realm!

Our warfare is not against human flesh but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. My prayer today! I bind you Satan in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! I hold the blood of Jesus against all demonic spirits trying to attack the people on USMB today. I call for the angels of God to do warfare in the heavenlies and minister life to the people. I break every word curse that has been spoken against the Christians here who preach God's Word, I break all the words spoke against them by any human spirit, evil spirit or persons practicing witchcraft or the occult. I cancel out and nullify every assignment of hell that has been waged against the people and decree and declare it shall not harm one soul. In Jesus Name. I ask the Holy Spirit to come and minister to the people of USMB so that they may experience the great love, mercy, forgiveness that is poured out upon them by the Love of Jesus Christ through His shed blood at the cross of Calvary! I ask the Father to send the Holy Spirit to each one to invite them to come to Jesus. I break the powers of darkness off of the minds of the people and speak liberty to the captives in the Name of Jesus Christ! I bind the spirit of unbelief, hindering spirits, spirits of rebellion, witchcraft, hatred, sedition, wrath, uncleaness, strife, slander and doubt! In the name of Jesus I tell you spirits to get out and do not come back here! In the name of Jesus Christ! I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over this prayer, I seal it with the Blood of Jesus Christ and call it done, In The Name Of Jesus which is Above Every Other Name! Amen and amen.

Last edited:
Part two of Pauls story is here:

Acts 28:5 But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects.

Context

Paul at Malta
…4When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they began saying to one another, "Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, and though he has been saved from the sea, justice has not allowed him to live." 5However he shook the creature off into the fire and suffered no harm. 6But they were expecting that he was about to swell up or suddenly fall down dead. But after they had waited a long time and had seen nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and began to say that he was a god.…

You see? Paul shook it off and there were no ill effects. There are some people who will be reading this and wondering how does this apply in my life? I'll tell you how. I do not know what that two legged viper looks like in your life, Beloved. It could be some miserable family member, a co - worker who cannot get through the day without trying to sabotage your work, destroy your reputation or talk nonsense about you to the big boss. It could be a sibling that blames you for the misery in their own life, it could be a neighbor who won't stop harrassing you because you crossed the property line and mowed their side of the lawn! Who knows? The bottom line is, You need to shake it off! Shake it off! If you are under the Blood of Jesus Christ and a child of Almighty God? That thing cannot harm you! Shake it off and forget about it! After Paul shook that thing off he didn't give it a second thought! Now if one of you get bit by a snake and you are not walking like Paul did - you better go see a doctor immediately! I am not talking about vipers in the natural. I am speaking of vipers in the spiritual realm - that operate through people to attack you. What did God tell you about your authority in the spirit realm? That is coming next. Hold on. I'll be right back. ( God Willing )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back