Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Context

The Light of the Gospel
…3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.…

Cross References

Matthew 13:22
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 12:31
Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Last edited:
This sermon is from a radio sermon of Katherine Kuhlman titled, God demands sinlessness in Worship.

Here are Katherine Kuhlmans words:

First of all, the temptations of Jesus, may I remind you that Jesus could have yielded to temptation. That fact has been established. For if Jesus could not have yielded to temptation, then the temptations would have been a farce. The whole thing would have been "fixed." The temptations would have been a mockery, and therefore, should never have been recorded.

The fact remains that Jesus was as much man as though he were not God, and as much God as though he were not man. So when He came face to face with these temptations, remember something. As a man, He could have yielded to any one of these temptations. As He faced these temptations, He was man's representative, your representative, my representative - and in the very same sense, though you and I may be tempted daily, we need not yield to a single temptation, know that.

Temptation in itself is not a sin. How often I have thought that after some great spiritual victory or after some deep consecration that one has made, the enemy is there with his greatest temptation. You and I, regardless of our spirituality, regardless of our spiritual experiences, always will have temptations so long as we are still in our body of flesh, so long as we're still here on this earth, and so long as the enemy is still with us. It's just like that.

In that first temptation, the enemy attacked Jesus in the flesh, and yet, He came forth victoriously. He stood there, absolutely perfect, unyielding, and came to the second temptation when Satan appealed to that which is the very strength of all spiritual life. He tempted Jesus regarding His trust in God - and still the Son of the living God, as much a man as though He were not God, stood there unyielding, coming out from that temptation, absolutely sinless and perfect. Now we come to the third temptation, and the enemy strips himself of all disguise.

He ceases to make us of the secondary causes, and definitely asks the homage and the worship of Christ. Let me give you that portion of the Word of God. It's recorded in the fourth chapter of Matthew, the eighth verse. Remember, two temptations have already passed. Jesus now comes face to face with the third attack:

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them, and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt bow down and worship me. ( KJV)

There's no disguise there. ( Satan ) strips himself of all disguise, lays the cards on the table, and says, "Now if you'll pay homage, if you'll worship only me, if you'll bow down before me, I will give you the kingdoms of this world. I will give you the title deed to this planet. The whole thing will be yours in exchange for your worship. It's all yours lock, stock and barrel.

What about it? Consider something just a minute. As they came face to face, they both knew that it was Satan's to give. In exactly the same way, Jesus did not rebuke Satan when Satan quoted Scripture, because they both knew he was quoting it correctly. In that first temptation, they both knew that Jesus was Deity and Divinity and that Jesus had the power to turn the stone into bread. They both knew it. And Jesus knew when Satan offered Him the kingdoms of this world and the title deed to this planet that Satan held the title deed, and it was his to give.

How do I know? Watch something - and those of you who have been following some of my other messages will especially appreciate this portion of the Word of God because it is a proven fact that Satan was once one of the most beautiful angels that God ever created.

.........And this is what caused Lucifer to be changed from one of the most beautiful ( beings ) God ever created to that which is known as Satan, the devil, today - the one who stood face to face with Jesus in these temptations that we've just been speaking of:

For thou hast said in thine heart, ( speaking of Lucifer ) I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. - Isaiah 14:13

I think we can safely say from this Satan did have a throne here on this planet because of his speaking of "my throne." In other words, he was saying:

I will take my throne from off this planet where I am ruling over millions of angels, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds. I will be like the most High God. I will have the adoration, the homage, the worship that Almighty God has.

( Always in the mind of Satan, he had been jealous of the worship, the adoration, the complete homage God had been receiving. Always, he has had an obsession with worship) . that is the reason why, when we come to that period of time yet in the future which John saw on the isle of Patmos in that marvelous vision God gave him, Satan will demand worship by men right here on earth. ***

The day is coming when he will not be known as the ( spirit of) Anti Christ ( 1 John 4:3 ) but in reality, he will be the Anti-Christ, Satan incarnate, demanding the worship of men here on this earth.

.......Satan has an obsession when it comes to worship. That's the reason he takes a sinner, he takes a man, and holds complete sway over him. Men and women ( following ) him who never dream that he is demanding their full and complete worship. That's the reason one of the hardest things in the world - and it can only be broken by the divine power of the living God - is the hold, the grip, the power that Satan gets on the bodies, on the lives of men and women. ******

He fastens a hold onto them. He demands their worship. He has such an obsession with worship that literally when he came face to face with Jesus, the Son of God, he said:

There's one more thing. Do you see these kingdoms of the world and all the glory? Do you see this planet? It's mine. I hold the title deed to it. God, in judgment, may have stripped me of my body, and I am left as a disembodied spirit, but He did not take from me my poer. He has not yet taken from me the title deed to this planet. It's still mine. And all these things will I give thee, if thou shalt bow down and worship me. ( Matt 4:8 paraphrased )

That's the third temptation. What did Jesus do? Jesus knew the days would not be far spent before with His own shed blood, He would have paid the price in full. He knew that again the kingdom would be regained, the planet would be regained. He, the Mighty King of kings and the Lord of lords said, I prefer to worship the Lord God Almighty. Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written: Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shall thou serve. ( Matt 4: 10 KJV paraphrased )

He ( Jesus Christ ) came out of the third temptation the mighty victor, completely sinless........Therefore, you need never be defeated on a single score or in the face of any temptation unless you consent to it.

- Katherine Kuhlman From radio sermons trascripts - also mentioned in Kuhlmans biography by author, Roberts Liardon.
http://sermons.christiansunite.com/Kathryn_Kuhlman.shtml

also see Katherine's website page for other wonderful sermons and her life of ministry work for the Kingdom of God.

http://www.kathrynkuhlman.com/

Last edited:
So what portion I noted with * you will see Satan has blinded the minds of the lost. If that is your son, your daughter, your loved one what shall you do, Christian? Fast and pray for them. Do what Hudson Taylors mother did and shut yourself in with God until your son becomes a believer in the LORD Jesus Christ and the mind blinding spirit is snapped off of him. You'll have to pray the Word of God over him, bind Satan, bind the spirits, hold the blood of Jesus Christ against those spirits of witchcraft, addiction, sorcery, divination, ( whatever is manifesting in that persons life - bind it and hold the blood of Jesus Christ against it - destroy it! ) hold the blood of Jesus against and first bind Satan and command him to take his hands off your children. Pray in the spirit and build up your most holy faith - walk in the light of the Word of God and do not keep fellowship with anything that is not of God. Keep yourself clean before God - and when you pray - continue to pray and cover your prayers with the blood of Jesus - sealed in the blood of Jesus continue to Watch over the Spoken Word of your prayer - birth it in the Spirit - travail until it comes and it shall surely come. The Word of God does not return void back unto God - it must first go forth and perform the work it was sent to do. If there is someone who does not belong in the situation - pray God remove them, if you need laborers to come across their path, pray God bring them in to do that work, whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. You shall have whatever you say, Christian. * the holy angels of God are also there to assist you so call on what you need and use it - ask the Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you as you pray for that person. Get into a state of expectation! Only believe! All things are possible to those who believe! Believe God and never ever take the report of flesh that conflicts with what you are believing God for. The promises of God are yea and amen. Know that God loves you and is for you, Christian! If God be for you, who could possibly be against you? You have God on your side! Rejoice! Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin.

Context

Jesus the Great High Priest
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Cross References

Matthew 4:1
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Luke 22:28
You are those who have stood by me in my trials.

Last edited:
That is quite a thought. Jesus was tempted in every way we are, yet he did not sin. The best thing we can do when someone is tempting us, trying to draw us into sin is to walk away. That isn't always easily done especially when they are trying to misrepresent you, falsely accuse you, ensnare you in some matter and we may not always walk away quick enough but it is a matter of learning where the enemy is laying his traps for us and realizing that what God is teaching us is how to stand against evil without getting into our flesh. We need to let patience have its perfect work in us....I am speaking that word to myself this morning after having encountered it myself.

Hebrews 5:8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered

Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

5:1-10 The High Priest must be a man, a partaker of our nature. This shows that man had sinned. For God would not suffer sinful man to come to him alone. But every one is welcome to God, that comes to him by this High Priest; and as we value acceptance with God, and pardon, we must apply by faith to this our great High Priest Christ Jesus, who can intercede for those that are out of the way of truth, duty, and happiness; one who has tenderness to lead them back from the by-paths of error, sin, and misery. Those only can expect assistance from God, and acceptance with him, and his presence and blessing on them and their services, that are called of God. This is applied to Christ. In the days of his flesh, Christ made himself subject to death: he hungered: he was a tempted, suffering, dying Jesus. Christ set an example, not only to pray, but to be fervent in prayer. How many dry prayers, how few wetted with tears, do we offer up to God! He was strengthened to support the immense weight of suffering laid upon him. There is no real deliverance from death but to be carried through it. He was raised and exalted, and to him was given the power of saving all sinners to the uttermost, who come unto God through him. Christ has left us an example that we should learn humble obedience to the will of God, by all our afflictions. We need affliction, to teach us submission. His obedience in our nature encourages our attempts to obey, and for us to expect support and comfort under all the temptations and sufferings to which we are exposed. Being made perfect for this great work, he is become the Author of eternal salvation to all that obey him. But are we of that number.

Last edited:
http://biblehub.com/hebrews/5-8.htm

Context

The Perfect High Priest
…7In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,…

Cross References

Isaiah 50:5
The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away.

Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

John 10:18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Philippians 2:8
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

This again speaks of Jesus as he walked this out as a man on earth. The Son of man - yet the Son of God. We can do all things through Christ Jesus. It may not seem like we can but if God says we can? We can!

Last edited:

1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
Context

Benediction and Final Greetings
10After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. 11To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.…

Cross References

Psalm 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Romans 16:25
Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Last edited:
Psalm 37:32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous, intent on putting them to death;Context

Don't Fret Because of Evildoers
…31The law of his God is in his heart; His steps do not slip. 32The wicked spies upon the righteous And seeks to kill him. 33The LORD will not leave him in his hand Or let him be condemned when he is judged.…

Cross References

Genesis 37:18
But they saw him in the distance, and before he reached them, they plotted to kill him.

Psalm 10:8
He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent. His eyes watch in secret for his victims;

Psalm 17:11
They have tracked me down, they now surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.

Psalm 37:14
The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright.

Psalm 109:16
For he never thought of doing a kindness, but hounded to death the poor and the needy and the brokenhearted.

Daniel 6:11
Then these men went as a group and found Daniel praying and asking God for help.

Treasury of Scripture

The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to slay him.

watcheth

Psalm 37:12 The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes on him with his teeth.

While all of these scriptures are true and the LORD has been showing me the absolute determination of Satan to destroy the Children of God - the truth is vengeance belongs to the LORD. The battle is the LORD's. We can speak the truth in love but when that truth is not received it is definitely time to turn the matter over to the LORD and let Him fight our battles for us. Jesus was silent in the face of His accusers. He opened not his mouth.

Last edited:
Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Context

The Suffering Servant
…6All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him. 7He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth. 8By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?

Cross References

Matthew 26:63
But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God."

Matthew 27:12
When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer.

Mark 14:61
But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?"

Mark 15:5
But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.
We are to walk as Jesus did. The most accomplished runner is capable of a fall. Never be surprised over learning of Paul's struggles, Peter's failure, or the doubt of Thomas. Everyone has their moments but the good news is God has told us we are His, and though a righteous man fall 7 times he will get back up again. We are to keep our eyes on Jesus Christ. Not the storms about us. While Peter kept his eyes on Jesus? He walked it out. The moment he took his eyes off Jesus? He started to sink. The answer? We keep our eyes on Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Proverbs 24:16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

Context

Don't Be Envious of Evil Men
…15Do not lie in wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; Do not destroy his resting place; 16For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, But the wicked stumble in time of calamity. 17Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;…

Cross References

2 Corinthians 4:9
persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Job 5:19
From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will touch you.

Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;

Psalm 34:21
Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

Psalm 37:24
though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

The Word of God is infallible, perfect, divine and the lifter of our heads. There is nothing to compare to the Word of God - the Holy Bible - it is a most perfect gift our God has given us - His Son - The Living Word and we should hide it in our heart so that we do not sin against Him. Jesus Christ is the Word of God and Jesus Christ is God. He is the lifter of our heads! To God be the Glory!

Last edited:
This is my song today! Yay! God!

[ame=http://youtu.be/jsgaN3MyeiY]Don Moen ~ Give Thanks - YouTube[/ame]

A quote from Katherine Kuhlman:

There is no freedom from temptation. The victorious life is not an untempted life. I know very often there are those who, after they have found this wonderful new - birth experience, after they've had this experience of knowing that their sins are forgiven, they feel as though they are completely free from all temptation. - Katherine Kuhlman

You were converted, but the devil wasn't. Sometimes we act as though when we're converted, the devil got converted too. He's just one big rascal as he always was. Therefore the Christian life is not an untempted life. Only one man has ever lived an unbroken victorious life, and that is our Lord and Savior Himself. ANd the Word of God says He "was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin" ( Hebrews 4:15) Even He was not spared temptations, so who do you think you are?
- Katherine Kuhlman

This is a very encouraging message from Katherine which comes together with what I believe the Holy Spirit is doing with His people today - most certainly I am experiencing it - purifying, cleansing, bring us through the process of sanctification and a life fully dependent upon His Holy Spirit. Because the moment we attempt to do something on our own - where His strength has not been given - we will find ourselves returning to our old nature - our old way of doing things - this is the way the world does things but it is not the way the children of God are to do things.

We do not lean upon our own strength or understanding in matters but upon the One who IS Understanding, the One who IS Wisdom, the One who has All Strength and Who has the Victory. In Christ - who is God - we live and move and have our being. Outside that door there is nothing. It is not a place to be. We need to Abide in Christ continually and flow in the Spirit. That is the Life God has for us! That is the Life God has given us through the Cross!

[ame=http://youtu.be/4UIR0VJlK6k]SHINE JESUS SHINE by DON MOEN with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.Context

Turn from Evil
8To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; 9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. 10For, "THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT.…

Cross References

Genesis 42:25
Joseph gave orders to fill their bags with grain, to put each man's silver back in his sack, and to give them provisions for their journey. After this was done for them,

1 Samuel 26:11
But the LORD forbid that I should lay a hand on the LORD's anointed. Now get the spear and water jug that are near his head, and let's go."

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you.

Proverbs 28:10
Whoever leads the upright along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.

Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

It may seem tempting to call someone a name after they call you a name but if you belong to God you cannot do that. The heathen act this way but the children of God must not act this way. Supposing someone makes you angry. What should you do? You must pray for them. You cannot avenge yourself or you have blocked God from moving on your behalf. If you will fully submit yourself unto God, resist Satan, he will flee from you and the temptation will take wings and be gone. If we belong to God we are Gods property and God takes care of His property. God always takes care of His property.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/hXsiWoyjw60]He Knows My Name by Maranatha Singers - YouTube[/ame]

Psalm 4:3 Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him.

Context

Answer Me When I Call!
…2O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach? How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? Selah. 3But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; The LORD hears when I call to Him. 4Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.…

Cross References

Psalm 3:4
I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain.

Psalm 6:8
Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.

Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

Psalm 27:7
Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.

Psalm 31:23
Love the LORD, all his faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full.

Psalm 50:5
"Gather to me this consecrated people, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice."
What is more wonderful than to have friendship with God? To know such a true and beautiful relationship that one could have with the LORD? What human being can give you that? Not one. The only one that can fulfill us is the LORD. He is all that we need. He is ALL that we need.

Last edited:
Sermon from Michael Boldea Jr. posted on his website today 8/ 5/ 2014 - The Purpose of Trials Part 1

There is more than one purpose to the trials we go through. Yes, one of the reasons for the trials we go through is that God’s name be praised, honored, and glorified, but it is not the only reason, nor can it be. Because God is love, our trials’ end purpose cannot simply be one thing which God can readily get from all of His other creation, if it is in our detriment and has no other eternal benefit. Simply put, God will not cause you to suffer needlessly, He will not allow you to go through trials and afflictions just because, but rather, there is purpose in the trials we must endure, and within that purpose our good is always a factor. Would God be just if the only reason for my trials or afflictions here on earth was to get a passing grade? Would God be just if there were not some other purpose to my trials than for Him to watch me suffer and grade me on how well I did so?
When the Word tells us that all things work together for good to those who love God, it is not being hyperbolic; we were not given an empty promise, nor was this verse meant to bolster our spirits in times of distress without follow through or foundation.

God is not a motivational speaker. He doesn’t simply say things to make us feel good, or give us hope, with no intention of following through, or without a stable, certain, and reliable foundation to that which He promises. God will never promise something He knows He can’t deliver on, nor will He generalize if His promise did not apply to every circumstance, every situation, and every thing. All things means all things, and there is no diminishing this great and astounding promise.

Just as trials vary in scope and intensity, so too do the purposes for the trials we are allowed to endure. There are varying trials as Peter points out, and there are also varying purposes for the trials. One of the most common and most profound purposes for the trials we go through is the proving of our faith. Our trials prove our faith, our trials test our faith, and if perchance we happened to be paying God lip service without truly serving Him, the first hint of trial will prove this out more thoroughly than anything else.

Men boast of many things in our day and age. They subscribe to belief structures, doctrines, denominations, philosophies, all until there is a price to be paid for what they believe. Read more on link below.......

Hand of Help Ministries

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back