Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Jesus! You are worthy to be Praised! I adore you, Jesus!

[ame=http://youtu.be/7h4md4fqMgs]Terry MacAlmon- For the Bride - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/u9LTfUzHbg0]Draw Me Nearer Terry MacAlmon instrumental - YouTube[/ame]

Since God aone can give life, a revival is a time when God visits His people, imparts new life to them by the power of His Holy Spirit, and then through them imparts life to sinners dead in trespasses and sins.

-R.A. Torrey

Sermon by R. A. Torrey Based on Ezekiel 37: 9, 10 and PSALM 85:6

The great need of the church today is a general, widespread, deep, thoroughgoing, genuine revival. That is also the greatest need of business, the greatest need of human society, the greatest need of human government, the greatest need of international relations, the greatest need of missions. In every department of life today - business, relationships, politics, international relations, education, church, - we are facing the most menacing problems and the most important crises that have confronted the human race in centuries, if not in human history.

The only hope of the church is a great revival or revolution. It is a real and larger coming of the life of God into the church and through the church and through the church in society as a whole.

A real revival is a time of quickening or impartations of life, Since God alone can give life, a revival is a time when God visits His people, imparts new life to them by the power of His Holy Spirit, and then through them imparts life to sinners dead in trespasses and sins. The great need of today, as I have said is a general revival, that is clear and allows no honest difference of opinion. What, then, shall we do?

Pray.

Take up the Psalmists prayer, "Wilt thou not revive us again, that thy people may rejoice in thee? ( Psalm 85: 6 ) Take up Ezekiels prayer, "Come from the four winds, O breath [breath of God], and breathe upon these slain, that they may live" ( Ezekiel 37:9)

His power must be sought by the earnest, persistent, believing prayer that will not take no for an answer. We live in a day characterized by the multiplication of machinery and diminution of God's power. The great cry of our day is work, work, work, organize, organize, organize, give us some new committee, tell us some new methods, devise some new machinery, but the need of our day is prayer, more prayer, and better prayer.

Prayer could work as marvelous results today as it ever could, if the church would only give itself to praying, real praying, prevailing prayer. Here and there, God is laying upon individual ministers and churches a burden of prayer that many never have known before. Many are getting entirely disgusted with mere machinery and the man made revivals, and are learning to depend more on God.

What is needed is a general revival, but if we cannot have a general revival, sweeping over the whole earth, we can have local revivals and state revivals and national revivals. It is not necessary that the whole church get to praying to begin with. Great revivals always begin first in the hearts of a few men and women whom God arouses by His Spirit to believe in Him as a living God, as a God who answers prayer, and upon whose hearts He lays a burden from which no rest can be found except in importunate crying unto God. Oh, may He, by His Spirit, lay such a burden upon our hearts today! I believe He will!

http://www.biblebelievers.com/torrey_sermons/

Last edited:
O PRAISE the LORD, all ye nations, praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever.
Praise Ye the LORD.

- Psalm 118

[ame=http://youtu.be/iJ5qBoHkft4]Heal Our Land - Don Moen and Paul Wilbur - YouTube[/ame]

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Context

Drawing Near to God
7Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom.…

Cross References

1 Samuel 14:35
Then Saul built an altar to the LORD; it was the first time he had done this.

2 Chronicles 15:2
He went out to meet Asa and said to him, "Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. That is God's promise to us. If we are drawing near to Him, reading the bible, repenting of our sins, asking Him to come to us, He will! God will draw near to us when we draw near to Him because His desire is to have fellowship with us.

Last edited:
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

-John 6:35

If you want to get into the presence of God tonight just start listening to some of this music and let God come in and minister to you. Just forget yourself and worship the LORD. The anointing is on this music! Listen to some of it! It is what your spirit needs! Do you feed your body every day? You need to feed your spirit too! Get in the presence of God tonight!

[ame=http://youtu.be/BPAVjFOKbC8]Terry MacAlmon - I Sing Praises - YouTube[/ame]

For Brother @GISMY,

[ame=http://youtu.be/xjnZBlvDTxk]In The Presence of The King - Worship Music - YouTube[/ame]

God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. We know that God delights in those who seek His face and worship Him in spirit and in truth. We know that God hears the prayers of His people. God alone is our source. God alone is worthy of our praise. In all things we should acknowledge Jesus as LORD. Amen.

[ame=http://youtu.be/UMjMDxPkXkI]Phillips Craig and Dean You are God alone - YouTube[/ame]

The Lord brought this scripture to my remebrance earlier today and I feel He wants to expound on this scripture. So here it is:

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

Context

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
18For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE." 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?…

Cross References

Isaiah 29:14
Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

Jeremiah 10:7
Who should not fear you, King of the nations? This is your due. Among all the wise leaders of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like you.

1 Corinthians 4:6
Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

1 Corinthians 4:10
We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored!

Treasury of Scripture

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
____________________________-
God's ways are higher than our ways. Who can know understand the mind of God? Who can understand the majesty of God? The infinite power of God? Who is able to do this?

Last edited:
Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Rest for the Weary
25At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. 26"Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.…

Cross References

Job 37:24
Therefore, people revere him, for does he not have regard for all the wise in heart?"

Psalm 8:2
Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

Matthew 21:16
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise'?"

It is a mystery of God that He decided to reveal His Son to Fishermen, a tax collector, a prostitute, and yet the most wise and learned men who challenged him could not recongize him. They stumbled over the cornerstone. Who was the Cornerstone? Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God. Only one whose spiritual eyes have been opened, whose spiritual ears have been opened can say, Jesus Christ is God. I see the LORD and He is high and Lifted up. When Jesus is lifted up He will draw all men unto Himself. Jesus cannot draw men unto himself when man is lifting up man. Jesus must be lifted up. He alone is God.

Last edited:
Romans 9:32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.

Context

Israel's Unbelief
…31but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. 32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33just as it is written, "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

Cross References

Isaiah 8:14
He will be a holy place; for both Israel and Judah he will be a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall. And for the people of Jerusalem he will be a trap and a snare.

Isaiah 8:15
Many of them will stumble; they will fall and be broken, they will be snared and captured."

1 Peter 2:6
For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

1 Peter 2:8
and, "A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message--which is also what they were destined for.

Last edited:
1 Peter 2:6 For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Context

The Living Stone
…5you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For this is contained in Scripture: "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 7This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,"…

Cross References

Genesis 49:24
But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,

Isaiah 28:16
So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic.

Isaiah 42:1
"Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Jesus is the precious cornerstone. I love the way Isaiah speaks about the cornerstone! The one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. That is very true. When our reliance is upon the LORD we will never panic about anything. How can we when it is the LORD how holds all of our tomorrows? The LORD knows everything. Everything is in the LORD's hand. God is in complete control. We need to trust the LORD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back