People Are So Desperate To Leave California

You mean Original Tommy's? Oh yeah, when I had enough cash that was the place, the one off of Beverly Blvd, it was still just the shack on the corner when I was eating there.

Then, when I went to college I discovered Pinks hot dogs.

Disgustingly good!
It’s still, or was eight years ago, still a shack. It was always fun watching people pull up in limos to stand in line for a burger at one in the morning.

It’s still, or was eight years ago, still a shack. It was always fun watching people pull up in limos to stand in line for a burger at one in the morning.

Yeah, Tommy's bought the motel and put shelves all the way around for people to eat at. I have had a meal at pretty much all of them as of 20 years ago. I have no idea how many more have been built since.

Perfect weather. "June gloom" that now runs from May to September where you maybe see the sun for a couple of hours before sunset and the rest of the time it's dank, cold and foggy. I'll grant you the winters are nice because it generally never gets below forty. But you are in an eternal drought because even a visionary like Mulholland didn't plan for So Cal to grow the way it did. I grew up in So Cal when it was really the Golden State, clean, uncrowded, snowy mountains to hike and ski in, the Pacific to sail, surf and swim in, clean beaches and uncrowded freeways to get places. I moved five years ago, the last time I went to San Diego it took me six hours to go from Ventura to San Diego on a Friday night. It would take nearly an hour to go the forty miles from Ventura to Santa Barbara. An hour and a half to go from Reseda to Century City. Round the clock rush hour traffic. Hour or more waits for parking at the entertainment venues you seem so entranced by. I moved to the Phoenix area, yes it's hot three months of the year, but a hundred and ten here feels cooler than eighty near the beach because we have humidity in the low teens to single digits. I can get anywhere in the Phoenix metro area in forty minutes and I live of the far west end to town. Entertainment venues aren't crowded except during Spring Training and there's plenty of things to do. The only thing I miss about So Cal is the sailing, lakes just aren't as much fun to race on as the ocean.
You can't change the weather in California, no matter how much you wish to do so. It is still perfect. No June gloom until September, liar! And why in Hell would you try to drive from LA to San Diego on a Friday night? I don't worry about parking because I take public transportation. And Phoenix weather is nothing close to SoCal weather, and we don't have humidity here. Are you sure you've lived here before because I've never heard someone make that mistake about the non-existant humidity in SoCal.

Well as a rural resident of CA I say let them go! CA is going to drop off into the SEA because of Climate Change, Global Warming, overpopuation, etc. so FLEE NOW!! Go....Just Go.....Save yourselves before it's too late!! I'll stay here with all the 'rednecks!!!'
Florida will sink before California. Sucks for all those folks moving to Floriduh.

Yeah, Tommy's bought the motel and put shelves all the way around for people to eat at. I have had a meal at pretty much all of them as of 20 years ago. I have no idea how many more have been built since.
The others are not as good as the original, the chili is lacking something, it’s not as liquid and is kind of a jelly.

You can't change the weather in California, no matter how much you wish to do so. It is still perfect. No June gloom until September, liar! And why in Hell would you try to drive from LA to San Diego on a Friday night? I don't worry about parking because I take public transportation. And Phoenix weather is nothing close to SoCal weather, and we don't have humidity here. Are you sure you've lived here before because I've never heard someone make that mistake about the non-existant humidity in SoCal.
The weather on the CA Pacific coast can be pretty shitty in the Summer.......gray, cold, overcast and fog.

The others are not as good as the original, the chili is lacking something, it’s not as liquid and is kind of a jelly.

I haven't experienced that to be honest. The chili has to be aged, fresh chili is always off a little bit. Tommy's No.1 still doesn't serve fries, just chips, just the way it was when they started.

No June Gloom until September. That's not something a knowledgeable person would say. It's June Gloom because it happens in June. Yes, it is cold, rainy and foggy. This will be gone by mid July.

The weather on the CA Pacific coast can be pretty shitty in the Summer.......gray, cold, overcast and fog.
You don’t have humidity there?
You don’t have humidity? I just looked you up on the Weather Channel, at this moment 9:45 p.m. the humidity there is EIGHTY SIX PERCENT and the temperature is sixty degrees. The humidity is what moderates the temperatures that you are so happy about.

Remember that little thing called the internet? We can check your statements.

You don’t have humidity? I just looked you up on the Weather Channel, at this moment 9:45 p.m. the humidity there is EIGHTY SIX PERCENT and the temperature is sixty degrees. The humidity is what moderates the temperatures that you are so happy about.

Plenty and, the closer you are to the Pacific Coast the more humidity.

California like every state in the union has problems,
WE have & have had some really bad congress critters who to keep their jobs, and increase their money by working for them self's & their party.
Our rich and beautiful nation is seeing the impoverished & homeless growing EVERY where. WHY WHY WHY?
:thankusmile: :yes_text12: :TH_WAY~113:

I had family move to Texas almost a year ago. They won't come back to California even for a visit. It's an actual hatred. The Granddaughter was treated so horribly in school she was close to suicidal. She had this little squishy rubber ball that she would squeeze when she got anxiety. Now she's winning awards in her Texas school

Jeez her parents should have got her professional help. Not our fault if some people can't handle living in California. It's not for pussies.

We have May Gray, then June Gloom. Along about mid July the sun comes out. I used to live in Los Angeles. That was truly a nightmare that got worse.

The beaches and the ocean are not nearly as good as they were, even as late as the 80s. Every time it rains the waters that empty into the ocean poison the ocean and the beaches for weeks. The cities have storm systems that carry run off directly to the oceans. All the shit, piss and vomit gets to the ocean along with dead animals, live rats and garbage. The LA River will carry odd items of broken furniture. This crap gets deposited on beaches all up and down the coast. The ocean is closed off for weeks after a rain.

I am about an hour from San Diego. There is a huge invader camp at the Tijuana-San Ysidro entry. The San Diego hospitals are so full, Americans in San Diego are being transported to Mission Viejo and Saddleback hospitals. Scripps in San Diego has beds in hallways.

Where I am is not as bad as other places because we have no public property and our own security. It's a reality distortion bubble. Children play outside, the parks are manicured. There are no homeless, no beggars and no pissing in the streets.

California used to be a paradise. Yes. It used to be a paradise.
I have to call bullshit on this. I live 7 miles north of the border. Where is this invader camp exactly? Address please? l'll check it out tomorrow and report back. I shop in Imperial Beach and San Ysidro every week. I've never seen this camp. My daughter is a pharmacist at one of the hospitals in Chula Vista. They are not full and they are not sending anyone to Orange County! You do know we have many hospitals in San Diego County, right? Where do you get this nonsense?

I live south of San Diego in a regular neighborhood, no gates, no security. My neighbors are Border Patrol, DEA agents and active and retired military. We are safe. But some people are always afraid of everything. Happily, I am not one of those unfortunate sad folks.

Actually the humidity is 93% right now and if we reach 56 degrees tonight we will get rain. But I think we will only get to 58 degrees. We had some rain this morning. The humidity is not a big deal when the temp is 60 degrees. Maybe that's why we don't notice the humidity. Today was extraordinarily perfect. Don't be jealous.

Forum List

Back