People Are So Desperate To Leave California

Maybe by the coast:dunno:
I did live right on the beach. I'm about 5 miles inland now. I have never noticed any humidity. Not ever. I have never noticed any humidity in the valley. It can get brutal hot there. It's cold and cloudy with some drizzle once in awhile but that's just typical.

You can have the four seasons. I'll take the 70-80 degree temps during the day and 55-60 degrees at night, consistent all year. No freezing temps in the winter or hell-fire heat in the summer. No snow shoveling or paying for your driveway to be plowed all winter. No bugs, no heat, I don't even have A/C in my house and I don't need it. My electric bill is about $60 per month because I have solar on my roof which produces electricity all year long.

I laugh at people who say they like bad weather. Why? I've lived in both and there is no comparison to perfect weather every day.
Some people like winter. My uncle and his father do. My uncle skis. His father (living in South Dakota) loves ice fishing and snowmobiling.

Which is a good thing because they can't afford to come back. That's how fast California real estate appreciates.
how the hell do you know?....did you ever think that they left because they cant stand the way the place has become and dont want to come back?....

You can't change the weather in California, no matter how much you wish to do so. It is still perfect. No June gloom until September, liar! And why in Hell would you try to drive from LA to San Diego on a Friday night? I don't worry about parking because I take public transportation. And Phoenix weather is nothing close to SoCal weather, and we don't have humidity here. Are you sure you've lived here before because I've never heard someone make that mistake about the non-existant humidity in SoCal.
We were in Chula Vista two years ago and loved it. Weather was perfect nearly every day. Covid was the rage, but it didn’t stop us from doing what we wanted.

Our view of San Diego Bay out our front window.
IMG_0386_Original.jpeg

Houses cost a LOT in calif, so moving where its cheaper to buy makes sense, IF you have been priced out of the market.
OR those that don't care for the political leanings in Calif, those with a home to sell can move south.

Problem for those who live more mid or south is that those people jack up the housing costs for those who do live here.
Locals are being priced out of the market.
as the pay scale is way less,& rent is now way higher,
we have a growing amount of poor people & more are homeless.
WE are grateful to be home owners.
But the trend is killing the middle class.

If they're moving to Minnesota it better be anywhere other than the Twin Cities. They're third world shitholes now thanks to democrats.

Some people like winter. My uncle and his father do. My uncle skis. His father (living in South Dakota) loves ice fishing and snowmobiling.
To each his own, but do they like winter, or have they just adjusted to their climate? Ice fishing, snowmobiling and skiing are fun but the weather sucks!

We were in Chula Vista two years ago and loved it. Weather was perfect nearly every day. Covid was the rage, but it didn’t stop us from doing what we wanted.

Our view of San Diego Bay out our front window.
View attachment 787956
Glad you enjoyed your time here. I love this bay but it is changing. Right now a new Gaylord hotel is being built on the Chula Vista bay front. In addition, they are talking about building the largest soccer stadium in the country on the Chula Vista bay front.

Forum List

Back