People Are So Desperate To Leave California

You dumb ass I grew up in East L.A. long before you were born

Everyone in California does not live in East LA. Shut the fucking front door people are stupid.

And I'm 63, how old are you? Nevermind, you are too old to know anything about modern day California.

Liar, 2.50 is the fare. Unless you are crippled, or a student.

OMG call the law. I use a Pronto card to pay. I load the card with $40 and reload when it is empty. Last time I checked it was $2.25. It must have went up. Everything is not a conspiracy.

Gosh I don't know...the ocean, the beaches, the desert, the mountains, Mexico right in my backyard (just stop, I go there all the time), the perfect year-round weather created by the Pacific Ocean so we can enjoy these natural playgrounds all year. Also the food and the endless entertainment options. There is a reason it is expensive to live here.
Perfect weather. "June gloom" that now runs from May to September where you maybe see the sun for a couple of hours before sunset and the rest of the time it's dank, cold and foggy. I'll grant you the winters are nice because it generally never gets below forty. But you are in an eternal drought because even a visionary like Mulholland didn't plan for So Cal to grow the way it did. I grew up in So Cal when it was really the Golden State, clean, uncrowded, snowy mountains to hike and ski in, the Pacific to sail, surf and swim in, clean beaches and uncrowded freeways to get places. I moved five years ago, the last time I went to San Diego it took me six hours to go from Ventura to San Diego on a Friday night. It would take nearly an hour to go the forty miles from Ventura to Santa Barbara. An hour and a half to go from Reseda to Century City. Round the clock rush hour traffic. Hour or more waits for parking at the entertainment venues you seem so entranced by. I moved to the Phoenix area, yes it's hot three months of the year, but a hundred and ten here feels cooler than eighty near the beach because we have humidity in the low teens to single digits. I can get anywhere in the Phoenix metro area in forty minutes and I live in the far west end to town. Entertainment venues aren't crowded except during Spring Training and there's plenty of things to do. The only thing I miss about So Cal is the sailing, lakes just aren't as much fun to race on as the ocean.

I used to work in Agoura and Calabasas, lots of armed security, but damned little squalor. The worst thing about working there was the eternal torture of car envy watching exotic cars drive by generally driven by assholes who didn't appreciate them.
I had friends that left the "squalor" of Bel Air for Calabasas.

You dumb ass I grew up in East L.A. long before you were born.
Did you ever get to Tommy's? I lived right around the corner from it through Jr. High and High School. It's probably why I don't like Chili-Burgers now, smelling them all the time.

They'll even move to Minnesota, where the climate is better. And not only do they not regret their move, but they bring friends and family with them. Can it get any more embarrassing for California?

California libs are so eager to get out of the Shithole State their liberalism has created that even the thousands brought to Florida to work at Disney said NO THANK YOU to going back home to California!

California libs are so eager to get out of the Shithole State their liberalism has created that even the thousands brought to Florida to work at Disney said NO THANK YOU to going back home to California!
Well as a rural resident of CA I say let them go! CA is going to drop off into the SEA because of Climate Change, Global Warming, overpopuation, etc. so FLEE NOW!! Go....Just Go.....Save yourselves before it's too late!! I'll stay here with all the 'rednecks!!!'

Perfect weather. "June gloom" that now runs from May to September where you maybe see the sun for a couple of hours before sunset and the rest of the time it's dank, cold and foggy. I'll grant you the winters are nice because it generally never gets below forty. But you are in an eternal drought because even a visionary like Mulholland didn't plan for So Cal to grow the way it did. I grew up in So Cal when it was really the Golden State, clean, uncrowded, snowy mountains to hike and ski in, the Pacific to sail, surf and swim in, clean beaches and uncrowded freeways to get places. I moved five years ago, the last time I went to San Diego it took me six hours to go from Ventura to San Diego on a Friday night. It would take nearly an hour to go the forty miles from Ventura to Santa Barbara. An hour and a half to go from Reseda to Century City. Round the clock rush hour traffic. Hour or more waits for parking at the entertainment venues you seem so entranced by. I moved to the Phoenix area, yes it's hot three months of the year, but a hundred and ten here feels cooler than eighty near the beach because we have humidity in the low teens to single digits. I can get anywhere in the Phoenix metro area in forty minutes and I live in the far west end to town. Entertainment venues aren't crowded except during Spring Training and there's plenty of things to do. The only thing I miss about So Cal is the sailing, lakes just aren't as much fun to race on as the ocean.
We have May Gray, then June Gloom. Along about mid July the sun comes out. I used to live in Los Angeles. That was truly a nightmare that got worse.

The beaches and the ocean are not nearly as good as they were, even as late as the 80s. Every time it rains the waters that empty into the ocean poison the ocean and the beaches for weeks. The cities have storm systems that carry run off directly to the oceans. All the shit, piss and vomit gets to the ocean along with dead animals, live rats and garbage. The LA River will carry odd items of broken furniture. This crap gets deposited on beaches all up and down the coast. The ocean is closed off for weeks after a rain.

I am about an hour from San Diego. There is a huge invader camp at the Tijuana-San Ysidro entry. The San Diego hospitals are so full, Americans in San Diego are being transported to Mission Viejo and Saddleback hospitals. Scripps in San Diego has beds in hallways.

Where I am is not as bad as other places because we have no public property and our own security. It's a reality distortion bubble. Children play outside, the parks are manicured. There are no homeless, no beggars and no pissing in the streets.

California used to be a paradise. Yes. It used to be a paradise.

Did you ever get to Tommy's? I lived right around the corner from it through Jr. High and High School. It's probably why I don't like Chili-Burgers now, smelling them all the time.

You mean Original Tommy's? Oh yeah, when I had enough cash that was the place, the one off of Beverly Blvd, it was still just the shack on the corner when I was eating there.

Then, when I went to college I discovered Pinks hot dogs.

Disgustingly good!

Forum List

Back