People Are So Desperate To Leave California

So how long do you think it will take before we meet our doom due to population and business loss? Because it's been 25 years so far and I've heard the exact same thing you are saying, in 1996 and again in 2008. And we are still the 5th largest economy in the world. No I am not running for governor, Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Good thing you are not running for governor because sitting back and being comfortable with losing so many businesses and jobs would not be a good campaign strategy. Why do you want to live in shithole state that people are fleeing left and right?

Not really. Most of California is middle class. From the farmers in the Central Valley to the tech workers in San Fran to the military all over the state, the office workers in every single city, people who work for the government in every single city....you get the idea. California is not a state of rich and poor. We have 4.8 million who live in poverty compared to Texas who has 3.8 million. That leaves 35 million of us who are not living in poverty.

Not anymore. Cali is hemorrhaging the middle class at an astonishing rate. And yes, Cali is rapidly turning into India. It's even starting to look like India where shitting in the streets is the norm.

That was never the case in Cali. Till now.

Oh no no no no. It is far too late to stop or 'defeat' climate change. And you know how it will end. When the parts of the Earth that are not underwater are on fire, the GOPers will look to the left and say "You should have warned us sooner."

I think just the opposite.

I picture a classroom of children in 100 years from now. The teacher tells them that 100 years ago, man thought they could control the climate, and the children burst out in laughter the way we did when our teacher told us at one time man thought the earth was flat, and if you go too far you'll fall off the planet.

My son isn't even looking for a buyer for the condo and if will easily sell for close to a million. Real estate companies call daily looking for properties. They don't care what kind or in what condition. They pay top dollar. He's just waiting for the right job offer to come through.

Buyers are companies looking for rentals and foreigners, particularly Muslims. They don't care what the laws are because they intend to change them all anyway.
the government has to provide housing for the millions of illegals

This is true. Most people who leave California cannot afford to come back. I left California for Oklahoma (state of my birth) to be near family 12 years ago. I made serious $$$ on the house I sold in CA. I saved all that profit and when I could not take Oklahoma anymore, I still had that nest egg that let me move back to paradise. And now I will have a nice return on my current house. California will always pay you good money on your real estate. You won't lose money.
the great majority dont want to come back....

I’m sort of middle of the road.

Yes, we are obviously influencing the climate to some extant with our carbon emissions.

And, also yes, there’s a group of people greatly exaggerating the threat because it’s politically and economically advantageous to them to do so.

the great majority dont want to come back....
I had family move to Texas almost a year ago. They won't come back to California even for a visit. It's an actual hatred. The Granddaughter was treated so horribly in school she was close to suicidal. She had this little squishy rubber ball that she would squeeze when she got anxiety. Now she's winning awards in her Texas school.

Good thing you are not running for governor because sitting back and being comfortable with losing so many businesses and jobs would not be a good campaign strategy. Why do you want to live in shithole state that people are fleeing left and right?
Gosh I don't know...the ocean, the beaches, the desert, the mountains, Mexico right in my backyard (just stop, I go there all the time), the perfect year-round weather created by the Pacific Ocean so we can enjoy these natural playgrounds all year. Also the food and the endless entertainment options. There is a reason it is expensive to live here.

Not anymore. Cali is hemorrhaging the middle class at an astonishing rate. And yes, Cali is rapidly turning into India. It's even starting to look like India where shitting in the streets is the norm.

That was never the case in Cali. Till now.

India?!?! Oh you funny person. I think flyover country folks tell themselves these things to make them feel better about their red state shitholes.

Why aren't you doing anything?
I am little guy, I am. I don't have A/C in my home. I have solar power that generates more electricity than I use. We have one car that we seldom drive because we use public transportation and e-bikes. I also live in a town that has pioneered a program that collects food waste from households and buinesses and turns it into fertilizer instead of letting it turn into methane at the dump. And it all benefits me financially, so much winning! What are you doing, or do you refuse to do anything because it's a good way to own the libs?

Gosh I don't know...the ocean, the beaches, the desert, the mountains, Mexico right in my backyard (just stop, I go there all the time), the perfect year-round weather created by the Pacific Ocean so we can enjoy these natural playgrounds all year. Also the food and the endless entertainment options. There is a reason it is expensive to live here.
Glad you can afford it. But, homelessness is rampant there and income inequality is worse there than anywhere. Only you one percenters can afford to live there.

If I were younger and living in California, I'd start an interstate moving business. That would be a massive money maker.
You don't have to live in CA to own and run a business in CA.
Quit making excuses.

Forum List

Back