People Are So Desperate To Leave California

The climate is not better in MN.

As a former California native, this is true. I always said the weather and nature were the best things about living there. The traffic and prices were the worst. Granted I didn't live in Minnesota, but I grew up in Michigan, I know snow and climate is to your point a great point for California. Too bad so many greedy leftists destroyed it

After California moves to your state and takes over...Portland, OR once voted most livable city in the country now a Dem shithole.

a619ab12-16e1-4ecb-b396-2ecb2fc8bea7-medium16x9_VOSTREETRESPONSEAM630_frame_755.jpg

8f1cde34860c411b9123bf78f9f48a1f-780x442.jpg

694940094001_5381517871001_5381511514001-vs.jpg

As a former California native, this is true. I always said the weather and nature were the best things about living there. The traffic and prices were the worst. Granted I didn't live in Minnesota, but I grew up in Michigan, I know snow and climate is to your point a great point for California. Too bad so many greedy leftists destroyed it

My cousin got married and raised a family in CA. In that time she got a divorce and was able to barely afford the house she was in with child support. She even rented out her in-law suite for big bucks but said she was still living paycheck to paycheck.

The kids are grown and the child support stopped years ago. She's a professional but still has a hard time making ends meet. Now with retirement around the corner she's looking to move back here to the Cleveland area. I understand she flies back up here to check out houses on her vacations for when she's finally retired. She said the cost of living here is nearly half of what it is over there. She'll get a bigger bang for her retirement bucks here.

You all are so funny! Thinking California is going down!

I bought my current home, south of San Diego, in 2016 for $518,000. Today I can sell it for $900,000. Not only that, it would sell in 2 weeks time, tops. Does that happen in Minnesota, or any other state? Sadly, I can't sell it at the moment because THERE IS NOTHING TO BUY. Seriously, I want to move closer to the water and there is nothing for sale. And anything that comes up for sale is sold within days. So you can tell yourself that everyone is fleeing California, but we are laughing at you. If you want to make serious money on real estate, come to California, if you can afford it.

I bought my current home, south of San Diego, in 2016 for $518,000. Today I can sell it for $900,000. Not only that, it would sell in 2 weeks time, tops. Does that happen in Minnesota, or any other state? Sadly, I can't sell it at the moment because THERE IS NOTHING TO BUY. Seriously, I want to move closer to the water and there is nothing for sale. And anything that comes up for sale is sold within days. So you can tell yourself that everyone is fleeing California, but we are laughing at you. If you want to make serious money on real estate, come to California, if you can afford it.
You can rest assured that $900,000 won't buy anything close to the water, except perhaps a mobile home. Minnesota, in my opinion, may not be the dream state, but that same $900,000 would probably buy you twice the house, with 5 times the acreage.

You can rest assured that $900,000 won't buy anything close to the water, except perhaps a mobile home. Minnesota, in my opinion, may not be the dream state, but that same $900,000 would probably buy you twice the house, with 5 times the acreage.

Wrong. $900,000 would buy exactly what we want, closer to the water. Do you live here? No? I thought not, otherwise you would not make that false claim about real estate in my city.

Mind you I am not that far from the water now. Less than 7 miles but the closer you are to the water, the cooler the weather and I am all about that cool Pacific breeze blowing over my body at night like an angel's kiss.

I would never live in Minnesota. Not when I can live in SoCal paradise.

Wrong. $900,000 would buy exactly what we want, closer to the water. Do you live here? No? I thought not, otherwise you would not make that false claim about real estate in my city.

Mind you I am not that far from the water now. Less than 7 miles but the closer you are to the water, the cooler the weather and I am all about that cool Pacific breeze blowing over my body at night like an angel's kiss.

I would never live in Minnesota. Not when I can live in SoCal paradise.
Actually, dumbass, I do live in So Cal.

My son isn't even looking for a buyer for the condo and if will easily sell for close to a million. Real estate companies call daily looking for properties. They don't care what kind or in what condition. They pay top dollar. He's just waiting for the right job offer to come through.

Buyers are companies looking for rentals and foreigners, particularly Muslims. They don't care what the laws are because they intend to change them all anyway.

Well, I don't consider a 1200 sq ft, 50 year old house great. Then again, I don't consider 7 miles from the water, close.
Tell me you don't live in SoCal without telling me you don't live in SoCal. 7 miles is close enough to enjoy that angel's kiss of the Pacific Ocean every night and a 1200 sq ft, 50 yr old house is just what we are looking for.
Actually, we would take one older and smaller if the location was right. If you lived in SoCal, you'd know those old houses are on big lots and you can raze the old houses to the ground and build what you want. We'll build our new home, plus an ADU or two, to bring in extra income. I can ride my bicycle up the Strand to lunch on Coronado. Nothing like life in paradise! If only there was something for sale in our preferred location, we would buy it today.

My son isn't even looking for a buyer for the condo and if will easily sell for close to a million. Real estate companies call daily looking for properties. They don't care what kind or in what condition. They pay top dollar. He's just waiting for the right job offer to come through.

Buyers are companies looking for rentals and foreigners, particularly Muslims. They don't care what the laws are because they intend to change them all anyway.
I had to put a lock on my front gate to keep the realtors out. They will not leave us alone. People in my neighborhood don't look for Muslim buyers, they look for buyers with the money. Show us the money!

Forum List

Back