People getting fired

According to another poster here - there was a police report filed and photos of the victim's wounds. So...that's is a bit more compelling then he said/she said don't you think?

There indeed was, a dozen years back. A 30 day TRO was issued, but oddly the case was never prosecuted because there was no EVIDENCE to back up the allegations.

Back when we still had America, that mattered. People could accuse all they wanted, but back then they had to PROVE the accusation using evidence.

Now that we have GLORIOUS STALINIST STATE, no need to worry about all that - if you are accused you are guilty.

Do have a link for that?

{The police eventually came and recommended that she take out a temporary protective order. CNN reviewed a copy of the order dated June 2010.}

Rob Porter's ex-wives detail abuse allegations - CNNPolitics

But no charges filed by police or DA.

That's okay though, we don't need courts, the accusation is guilt.

Nowhere does the article say anything about the case not being prosecuted because there was no EVIDENCE to back up the allegations.

:rofl:

The case was not prosecuted, so OBVIOUSLY there was no evidence.

Unless you are calling the police corrupt? Is that what you're doing?

Cases are not prosecuted for many reasons. So unless you can show that is why it wasn't, you statement is false.

There indeed was, a dozen years back. A 30 day TRO was issued, but oddly the case was never prosecuted because there was no EVIDENCE to back up the allegations.

Back when we still had America, that mattered. People could accuse all they wanted, but back then they had to PROVE the accusation using evidence.

Now that we have GLORIOUS STALINIST STATE, no need to worry about all that - if you are accused you are guilty.

Do have a link for that?

{The police eventually came and recommended that she take out a temporary protective order. CNN reviewed a copy of the order dated June 2010.}

Nowhere does the article say anything about the case not being prosecuted because there was no EVIDENCE to back up the allegations.

Cases are not prosecuted for many reasons. So unless you can show that is why it wasn't, you statement is false.

No charges filed, nothing there at all.

This is just another leftist witch hunt where the accused is guilty - period - innocence is out of the question. No evidence or fact needed.

Trump has "doubled down" on defending Porter; sending out a Tweet defending "due process" since he believes a woman's accusation can ruin lives! The man is so touched in the head; but no more so than the people who are still supporting him! :aargh: :ack-1::dunno:
Yeah, cause exwives never make shit up. Riiiight

So 3-4 women got together to throw out a false accusation? Seek serious help dude! I hope I never get that jaded and stupid! :102: :aargh: :banghead: :blahblah: :dunno:

For what they do on their own time, things that are in no way job related. Does anyone have a problem with that?

please don't make this about politics, it applies to all parties.
I have a problem with taking away their career on unconfirmed alleged acts. What if these were just women whose blackmail demand wasn't met?
I don't like that part either, but if they just followed the norm and the protocol set, he would have simply been quietly let go once they decided not to give him clearance and replaced and no one would be the wiser of his past....
But, what if the accusation was false? It seems we are riding a wave of "Meetoo" and if the first pol doesn't pay, he'll be publically accused and the next pol will pay. See what I mean?
He was given the chance to show the FBI that it was a false allegation....or to explain it away....that is the procedure, from what they said on the 24/7.....

I think with Hope Hicks dating him, and the possibility that what these 2 wives and one recent ex-girlfriend said, who still works for the government....

that they could not take the chance and keep hm as an employee because.....

the chance of him some day out of the blue, losing it on Hope Hicks is there....

And IF that did happen to Hope, like these other three women allege happened with them,

and the White House had kept him on, knowing there were these allegations brought to their attention from the FBI, but they chose to ignore them,

it would be a huge scandal....

And maybe, Kelly realizes this now, and that's why porter was asked to resign?

The "Hope Hicks" being in the picture is what makes it tricky for them....

Do have a link for that?

No charges filed, nothing there at all.

This is just another leftist witch hunt where the accused is guilty - period - innocence is out of the question. No evidence or fact needed.
not because the prosecutors didn't want to charge/prosecute him, the wife backed out.

Does anyone here really think he didn’t smack around his wives ?

Trump has "doubled down" on defending Porter; sending out a Tweet defending "due process" since he believes a woman's accusation can ruin lives!

Yeah, because there's never such a person whose only purpose in life is to ruin other people's lives. Never.

The man is so touched in the head; but no more so than the people who are still supporting him!

I beg your pardon? I voted for Trump. But the idea that we can't think independently of his positions is wrong. I often see liberals like you echoing the same refrain: "Trump and his supporters are (insert moniker here)!"

Men are such victims of women....just like the GOP is such a victim of the Democrats.

I can't tell whether you mean that or whether you are being sarcastic. So many people write their posts backward: you can't tell what they mean.

Why do people think you have to suffer a criminal conviction to be fired?

Right. The beating up his wives wasn't why he was fired at all: it was because it all became public when opposition research offered both wives a chance to get even, and they took it. The publicity of his evil behavior was what got him fired.

I don't blame the wives: more power to them. Hey, ruin wife-beaters whatever chance you get. I'm for it.

The problem to me is that women and feminist causes are being USED. Since the Trump White House was targeted, it is obvious that the oppo researchers were paid by Democrats. The final aim is hardly justice for women or even deterring wife-beating! The final aim is bringing down Trump and replacing him with some leftist in 2020. What do people think of that?

Do have a link for that?

Women have to press charges. Right?

What? What does that have to do with what I said?
In order for the police to do anything, the wives would have to press charges. Otherwise there is no report. No evidence therefore would be collected. Doctors?

He was given the chance to show the FBI that it was a false allegation....or to explain it away....that is the procedure, from what they said on the 24/7.....

I think with Hope Hicks dating him, and the possibility that what these 2 wives and one recent ex-girlfriend said, who still works for the government....

the chance of him some day out of the blue, losing it on Hope Hicks is there....

And IF that did happen to Hope, like these other three women allege happened with them,

and the White House had kept him on, knowing there were these allegations brought to their attention from the FBI, but they chose to ignore them,

The White House does need to hire only men who are cleaner than this creep. Apparently Rob Porter hates women and beats up every one he can get close enough to. I wonder why they made such a mistake.

On the other hand, we know lots of members of Congress are horrible sexual abusers, and so are CEOs, rich political donators, and all the high level people this #MeToo movement has attacked: it doesn't attack Joe Blow with the handy fists on Friday Night after he's been drinking, I notice. Women are so being used for political purposes. We need to take this movement back from the political operators and bring charges for each and every black eye. Right then, right there. No excuses, no second chances.

All women need to be skilled in karate. I would love to see that movement start and men get the broken bones instead of us.

Do have a link for that?

Women have to press charges. Right?

Not in most states. Generally the city prosecutor or district attorney presses charges.
Not if the wife doesn’t want to press charges. Same as a bar fight. Someone needs to press charges first. Then a prosecutor would get involved.

The White House does need to hire only men who are cleaner than this creep. Apparently Rob Porter hates women and beats up every one he can get close enough to. I wonder why they made such a mistake.

On the other hand, we know lots of members of Congress are horrible sexual abusers, and so are CEOs, rich political donators, and all the high level people this #MeToo movement has attacked: it doesn't attack Joe Blow with the handy fists on Friday Night after he's been drinking, I notice. Women are so being used for political purposes. We need to take this movement back from the political operators and bring charges for each and every black eye. Right then, right there. No excuses, no second chances.

All women need to be skilled in karate. I would love to see that movement start and men get the broken bones instead of us.
This! How much hush money was handled out in congress. Hypocrites

Why do people think you have to suffer a criminal conviction to be fired?

Right. The beating up his wives wasn't why he was fired at all: it was because it all became public when opposition research offered both wives a chance to get even, and they took it. The publicity of his evil behavior was what got him fired.

I don't blame the wives: more power to them. Hey, ruin wife-beaters whatever chance you get. I'm for it.

The problem to me is that women and feminist causes are being USED. Since the Trump White House was targeted, it is obvious that the oppo researchers were paid by Democrats. The final aim is hardly justice for women or even deterring wife-beating! The final aim is bringing down Trump and replacing him with some leftist in 2020. What do people think of that?

Does anyone wonder, or care, if these ex wives received money from some left wing sources just before they came forward with their claims?

You don't have to be convicted of a crime to be denied a security clearance.

true, and in some cases of misdemeanors you can still get a clearance. The primary issues is whether you can prove citizenship, background, where you have lived, who you have contacts with in foreign countries, job history, etc. Getting a top secret or SAP clearance is a very in depth process and can take 6 months or more.

In the case of a staffer who will not need access to classified data in order to do his job, the clearance requirements can be waived.

What I object to is
1. guilt by accusation
2. Trial by the media
3. using the courts for political purposes.

This! How much hush money was handled out in congress. Hypocrites

we should demand a full accounting of all the hush money that has been paid out for congressmen (and women) in order to silence their victims.

Forum List

Back