"Perhaps Only Property Owners Should Be Allowed To Vote," Said Steve Bannon

There is no logical argument to support that people that only take from the system Should have a say in polices. Just emotional drivel.

What in Yahweh's name are you babbling about? Only around 36% of people under the age of 35 are even home owners. Black Americans are 56.9% less likely to own a home. Hispanics are 50.9% less likely to own a home.

If you make it so only property owners can vote -- you are engaging in massive country wide voter suppression. You're ensuring that the overwhelming majority of voters are older white people. Idiot.

No wonder the white nationalist Steve Bannon supports this crap.
I told your illiterate ass I didn't want to strip away voting rights. I said I wish they never happened in the first place.
Btw, if they didn't have the right to vote, how is it suppression? Idiot

Are you brain damaged? Or just retarded?

There is no logical argument to support that people that only take from the system Should have a say in polices. Just emotional drivel.

What in Yahweh's name are you babbling about? Only around 36% of people under the age of 35 are even home owners. Black Americans are 56.9% less likely to own a home. Hispanics are 50.9% less likely to own a home.

If you make it so only property owners can vote -- you are engaging in massive country wide voter suppression. You're ensuring that the overwhelming majority of voters are older white people. Idiot.

I told your illiterate ass I didn't want to strip away voting rights. I said I wish they never happened in the first place.

Do I need to say it again in dumbfuckery?

Another fascist practice just put out there as if it was a reasonable idea.

EVERY AMERICAN has a vested interest in who becomes president, you mind numbingly stupid degenerate.

If only landowners could vote, before long there would be only a few thousand land owners and their votes, the banks would see to it.

Well since the President is elected by EC and not by the people.

How about only states that have a net contribution to the federal government be allowed to vote in the EC....

Would our right wing friends like that...

They have been telling how the EC is so great for weeks...

EVERY AMERICAN has a vested interest in who becomes president, you mind numbingly stupid degenerate.
Perhaps on the amount of free shit they get. That's it. If there is more, Please explain. Lol.

The property of this country is absolutely concentered in a very few hands, having revenues of from half a million of guineas a year downwards. These employ the flower of the country as servants, some of them having as many as 200 domestics, not labouring. They employ also a great number of manufacturers, and tradesmen, and lastly the class of labouring husbandmen. But after all these comes the most numerous of all the classes, that is, the poor who cannot find work. I asked myself what could be the reason that so many should be permitted to beg who are willing to work, in a country where there is a very considerable proportion of uncultivated lands? These lands are kept idle mostly for the aske of game. It should seem then that it must be because of the enormous wealth of the proprietors which places them above attention to the increase of their revenues by permitting these lands to be laboured. I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable. But the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. The descent of property of every kind therefore to all the children, or to all the brothers and sisters, or other relations in equal degree is a politic measure, and a practicable one. Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there is in any country, uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right.

Equality: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

How about only states that have a net contribution to the federal government be allowed to vote in the EC....

There is very little actually keeping big private companies in blue states, moron.

Leave it to a far left drone to use a far left hack site for their "facts"..

If you believe the link is incorrect, post proof. Otherwise, have the balls to address the OP. Fact is, RWNJ Pootarians right here on this site have repeatedly said they agree.

IOW, you can serve in the military (except King Trumpery) but if you're not landed gentry, you can vote. Same if you have worked the same job your whole life or raised an American hero or any of dozens of other true an patriotic Americans.

You assholes really do think you want to live in Russia. Funny thing is, you wouldn't last 10 minutes.

Lol you idiot. That's like giving an orange and expecting a hamburger

[

Do they?

Yes, ya turd.

Well now, THERE is some solid logic.

The great and chief end therefore, of men's unity into commonwealths, and putting themselves under government, is the preservation of their property (John Locke, The True End of Civil Government, 1690)

The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is no force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist (John Adams, Works)

The three great rights are so bound together as to be essentially one right. To give a man his life but deny him his liberty, is to take from him all that makes his life living. To give him his liberty but take form him the property which is the fruit and badge of his liberty, is to still leave him a slave (Justice George Sutherland of the U.S. Supreme Court, in 1921)

I was for extending the right of suffrage (or in other words the rights of a citizen) to all who had a permanent intention of living in the country. Take what circumstances you please as evidence of this, either the having resided a certain time, or having a family, or having property, any or all of them. Whoever intends to live in a country must wish that country well, and has a natural right of assisting in the preservation of it. I think you cannot distinguish between such a person residing in the country and having no fixed property, and one residing in a township whom you say you would admit to a vote.

Letter: From Thomas Jefferson to Edmund Pendleton, 26 August 1776

Uh, saying that only property owners should be allowed to vote is a form of voter suppression, dipshit conservative imbeciles.

Some of you turds are the most anti-American pieces of shit I've ever encountered.
According the original Constitution, you had to be a freeholder of land to vote, subversive commie moonbat.

What is to be done with this unfavoured class of the community? If it be, on one hand, unsafe to admit them to a full share of political power, it must be recollected, on the other, that it cannot be expedient to rest a republican government on a portion of the society having a numerical and physical force excluded from, and liable to be turned against it, and which would lead to a standing military force, dangerous to all parties and to liberty itself. This view of the subject makes it proper to embrace in the partnership of power every description of citizens having a sufficient stake in the public order and the stable administration of the laws, and particularly the housekeepers and heads of families, most of whom, "having given hostages to fortune," will have given them to their country also.

Property: James Madison, Note on Suffrage

If only landowners could vote, before long there would be only a few thousand land owners and their votes, the banks would see to it.

Quite the opposite is truth.

Further, the left is waging war on the small hold land owner, seeking to force all but the very wealthy into inner-city apartments.

If it were probable that every man would give his vote freely, and without influence of any kind, then, upon the true theory and genuine principles of liberty, every member of the community, however poor, should have a vote… But since that can hardly be expected, in persons of indigent fortunes, or such as are under the immediate dominion of others, all popular states have been obliged to establish certain qualifications, whereby, some who are suspected to have no will of their own, are excluded from voting; in order to set other individuals, whose wills may be supposed independent, more thoroughly upon a level with each other. (Alexander Hamilton, "The Farmer Refuted")

Forum List

Back