Perry (R) bailing on S.C. forum/debate

Rick Perry is just another rightwingnut flash in the pan. With over a year before the election, he will fade into the recesses of the far rightwing as so many of his kind have before him. Republicans will split their radical rightwing votes among the many other also-rans, and Romney will emerge as a tough moderate opponent against Obama. That is how its always been, and that is how it will be again in 2012.

Jesus God, are you a dumbfuck. You have no idea who fights fires, HOW they're fought, or how any of it is organized and coordinated. You just run your fucking gums based on wild-assed, vague guesses about how things work, and then expect the rest of us to respect your oral emanations as though you said something sensible.

And better yet, you think you can just say, "I studied it, blah blah blah" and anyone's going to believe you, especially after reading THIS bullshit.

I considered explaining to you how fucking incorrect - in the next galaxy over from correct, in fact - you actually are, but I just can't imagine considering you even remotely worth it.
Perry isn't doing anything except getting updates.

Do you think he has taken the coordination away from the experts in the field in favor of his politician's judgement?

If you do, you're dumber than I thought.

Really? Prove it. You want to make definitive judgements about what the governor does and is doing, now you get to prove you're right and cite your source.

If I had to just guess at the things a Governor would do in this situation, I'd say things like receiving updates from people in charge of fighting the fires, surveying the areas by air, if need be declaring a state of emergency and all of the requests for federal help that entails, and offering moral support to victims. Maybe there are a couple I'm unaware of...so shoot me(or for once someone could actually define it without simply claiming it).

At this point the mere fact that he's already in CA preparing for the debate essentially proves that whatever purpose he had was most likely minimal in the grand scheme of fighting the fires, which was my point from the beginning. There are already Federally dispatched teams on the scene, and he reissued the state of emergency, which he originally declared in April.

On a side note, the Texas budget also calls to cut a third of the Texas Forest Services budget over the next two years, most of which takes away from assistance grants which go to volunteers, that make up about 80% of the firefighters and first-responders for these fires. Plan on hearing Perry complain about the Federal Government for his state's decisions.

UPDATE 1-Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust | Reuters

Texas plans to cut budget of agency battling fires | Reuters

I wouldn't care if it wasn't from a state that always claims to be able to handle things without help from the lousy Feds, which seems to be a running theme despite all the help they get.

Rick Perry had in fact intended to bail out! If some of us had not helped flush him out of Texas by expressing our views of sudden suspicious Statewide fires, then Perry still would not be showing up for GOP debate on the morrow.

You see, Texas has never known these many fires until 2011. Yes, we see the effects of global warming - Houston-area Lakes and water supplies are drying up. But weeks ago and while Texas was at door of bankruptcy, we suddenly had fires everywhere and Texas officials started accusing Fed of being callous in time of our fire crisis. As soon as we received a little something, the fires all stopped. Then hours as Rick Perry realized he would have to make appearance at GOP September 8, 2011, debate, Texas is again on fire! Perry has good reason to evade his first GOP debate and confidently announced his State needs him.

I have been one of those very suspicious of the suspicious fires weeks ago allover Texas and voiced my opinion. Thus, when Perry again attempted the fire tactic, I (and probably others), immediately got on the truth underneath: Rick Perry dreads debates and is attempting to avoid GOP by engineering fire tactic!

Interestingly, today, Texas officials are already accusing the Fed of withholding fire disaster aid for current fires in order to torture Rick Perry! Why, what audacity! Now, what do you think of that?

I believe Texas Rick Perry is a wavering man. It all reminds me of our Ross Perot in 1992.

There is nothing to be gained by trying to reason with an idiot.... :asshole:

:piss2:Candyass

She's the retard that tried to infer there was something corrupt about Perry making an ass ton of money off of a piece of property. Property he bought in 2001 and sold in 2008 at the height of the housing market. Oh, and it was lake property in Horseshoe Bay on Lake LBJ. But there was something malicious and out of the ordinary about the whole thing. :cuckoo:

State employees don't usually have the means to purchase such a preferred piece of land...unless they have outside income. His wife doesn't work--or didn't work. She mysteriously got a job once he became a member of the Texas executive. Your ignorance will be your bliss, it will be a source of humor for the rest of us. :eusa_shhh:

You really are a fucking stupid piece of work. You know nothing about Rick Perry's past whatsoever or the state of Texas - yet you call me ignorant? He was the Texas Agriculture Commissioner for nearly a decade and Lt. Governor for at least a few years before he bought that piece of property. Both of those positions are compensated very well. When he bought that property, it was in the 300k range. That's not an unrealistic purchase for someone who's been making around six figures a year for over a decade. The only thing that's humorous in here is you blathering and proving what an uninformed dumbass you are, over and over and over again. Just proves you have some psychotic hatred of everything Perry since you choose to criticize him for stupid petty shit that you pull out of your ass rather than substantive ISSUES.

If only you leftie libbies hated al queda as much as you hate Texans.... the wars would have been over in a month!

:eusa_boohoo:

I don't hate Texans. All the ones I've personally met have been great. I dislike most politicians, Rick Perry moving up the list since I've gotten to know more about him since his entrance into the race, and thecough media bump that he received from it. I think he's a debate or two away from dropping in the polls, but you never know.

Last edited:
Rick Perry had in fact intended to bail out! If some of us had not helped flush him out of Texas by expressing our views of sudden suspicious Statewide fires, then Perry still would not be showing up for GOP debate on the morrow.

You see, Texas has never known these many fires until 2011. Yes, we see the effects of global warming - Houston-area Lakes and water supplies are drying up. But weeks ago and while Texas was at door of bankruptcy, we suddenly had fires everywhere and Texas officials started accusing Fed of being callous in time of our fire crisis. As soon as we received a little something, the fires all stopped. Then hours as Rick Perry realized he would have to make appearance at GOP September 8, 2011, debate, Texas is again on fire! Perry has good reason to evade his first GOP debate and confidently announced his State needs him.

I have been one of those very suspicious of the suspicious fires weeks ago allover Texas and voiced my opinion. Thus, when Perry again attempted the fire tactic, I (and probably others), immediately got on the truth underneath: Rick Perry dreads debates and is attempting to avoid GOP by engineering fire tactic!

Interestingly, today, Texas officials are already accusing the Fed of withholding fire disaster aid for current fires in order to torture Rick Perry! Why, what audacity! Now, what do you think of that?

rofl

She's the retard that tried to infer there was something corrupt about Perry making an ass ton of money off of a piece of property. Property he bought in 2001 and sold in 2008 at the height of the housing market. Oh, and it was lake property in Horseshoe Bay on Lake LBJ. But there was something malicious and out of the ordinary about the whole thing. :cuckoo:

State employees don't usually have the means to purchase such a preferred piece of land...unless they have outside income. His wife doesn't work--or didn't work. She mysteriously got a job once he became a member of the Texas executive. Your ignorance will be your bliss, it will be a source of humor for the rest of us. :eusa_shhh:

You really are a fucking stupid piece of work. You know nothing about Rick Perry's past whatsoever or the state of Texas - yet you call me ignorant?
No, I called you ignorant. There's a difference.

He was the Texas Agriculture Commissioner for nearly a decade and Lt. Governor for at least a few years before he bought that piece of property. Both of those positions are compensated very well. When he bought that property, it was in the 300k range. That's not an unrealistic purchase for someone who's been making around six figures a year for over a decade.
And before that he was Al Gore's Campaign manager. Thanks for bringing it back up.

So he's a career politician who can't put out a fire? Do you think the fires will be put out sometime prior to the Election of 2012?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only thing that's humorous in here is you blathering and proving what an uninformed dumbass you are, over and over and over again. Just proves you have some psychotic hatred of everything Perry since you choose to criticize him for stupid petty shit that you pull out of your ass rather than substantive ISSUES.

Nah, I hate that he wants to inoculate, by law, every girl who is 12 years old against STD's and HPV. That seems like a grotesque misuse of power. I hate that he wants to execute the mentally handicapped and the innocent.

I hate that he is for gay marriage one day, then against it the next. He tailors his positions to the audience.

In short, just another politician who uses his connections to enrich himself.

You really are a fucking stupid piece of work. You know nothing about Rick Perry's past whatsoever or the state of Texas - yet you call me ignorant?

He was the Texas Agriculture Commissioner for nearly a decade and Lt. Governor for at least a few years before he bought that piece of property. Both of those positions are compensated very well. When he bought that property, it was in the 300k range. That's not an unrealistic purchase for someone who's been making around six figures a year for over a decade.
And before that he was Al Gore's Campaign manager. Thanks for bringing it back up.

So he's a career politician who can't put out a fire? Do you think the fires will be put out sometime prior to the Election of 2012?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only thing that's humorous in here is you blathering and proving what an uninformed dumbass you are, over and over and over again. Just proves you have some psychotic hatred of everything Perry since you choose to criticize him for stupid petty shit that you pull out of your ass rather than substantive ISSUES.

Nah, I hate that he wants to inoculate, by law, every girl who is 12 years old against STD's and HPV. That seems like a grotesque misuse of power. I hate that he wants to execute the mentally handicapped and the innocent.

I hate that he is for gay marriage one day, then against it the next. He tailors his positions to the audience.

So calling me ignorant is not calling me ignorant. Damn, enough is enough, you can't even defend your own statements. You have to try to change the subject and talk about something else instead. What a worthless person.

So calling me ignorant is not calling me ignorant. Damn, enough is enough, you can't even defend your own statements. You have to try to change the subject and talk about something else instead. What a worthless person.

No calling you ignorant is not the same as calling you stupid. The fact that you can't tell the difference between two terms is, well, stupid. Sorry. A bit of advice, quit while you are way behind.

:eusa_shhh:

No calling you ignorant is not the same as calling you stupid. The fact that you can't tell the difference between two terms is, well, stupid. Sorry. A bit of advice, quit while you are way behind.

I didn't say you called me stupid. Lol, you are beyond pathetic right now. :lol:

I didn't say you called me stupid. Lol, you are beyond pathetic right now. :lol:

I'm pretty sure you changed it after I commented but I'll fall on the sword so you'll shut the fuck up. I apologize.

Christ, Cadyass.......You are just a glutton for punishment. When are you going to realize that you look like a complete idiot in this thread, and just walk away with what lil' dignity you have left?

LMAO!

Christ, Cadyass.......You are just a glutton for punishment. When are you going to realize that you look like a complete idiot in this thread, and just walk away with what lil' dignity you have left?

LMAO!

I guess I just like to continue calling attention to the thread by keeping it at the top of the message board. Do you think the fires will be out by Election Day? They've been going since January according to his website.

I'm pretty sure you changed it after I commented but I'll fall on the sword so you'll shut the fuck up. I apologize.

So your apology consists of basically accusing me of editing a post which wasn't edited. Go look at the post, there is no edited message at the bottom. On top of that, you quoted the post. If I had changed it after you called me out, your quote would be proof of that. Guess what, your quote proves I didn't change it. You are the worst kind of stupid. Someone so stupid they don't know they are stupid and instead accuse others of being dishonest. I'll accept your apology for what it's worth. NOTHING.

So your apology consists of basically accusing me of editing a post which wasn't edited. Go look at the post, there is no edited message at the bottom. On top of that, you quoted the post. If I had changed it after you called me out, your quote would be proof of that. Guess what, your quote proves I didn't change it. You are the worst kind of stupid. Someone so stupid they don't know they are stupid and instead accuse others of being dishonest. I'll accept your apology for what it's worth. NOTHING.

So much for hoping. Do you think Rick will have the fires out by Election Day in November Next Year?

If only you leftie libbies hated al queda as much as you hate Texans.... the wars would have been over in a month!

:eusa_boohoo:

I don't hate Texans. All the ones I've personally met have been great. I dislike most politicians, Rick Perry moving up the list since I've gotten to know more about him since his entrance into the race, and thecough media bump that he received from it. I think he's a debate or two away from dropping in the polls, but you never know.

It would be bad underestimate. I think Obama is worried about Perry. He is no doormat like McCain was.

Forum List

Back