Perry won't run for re election

Palin's a decent sort. Where's Joe the Plumber... we need someone to fix the pipes. That's probably a Rand Paul type.

Women are to be held responsible for poor choices and subsequent consequences, same as men.

Okay.

Women think they can change me, they can't.

I wouldn't think of it. You are perfect exactly as you are. As ol' WS said in Midsummer Night's Dream, "Be as you were wont to be, see as you were wont to see."

Men don't think women change, they do.

Yeah! I read a thing about that. That men never change, but women constantly reinvent ourselves and it drives you men crazy! I think there is a lot to that.....

Fortunately I have a tolerant husband. [:)

As long as you don't reinvent yourself into the women he didn't love!

I have to disagree.

Perry is feathering his nest on the way to the GOP nomination. His radical position HELPS him towards the nomination.

His mistake in 2012 was that he entered the race on a lark and ran up against people who have been at this for years.

Lemme tell you, if dear old Fred Thompson couldn't do it, you KNOW Perry can't do it.

Did anyone EVER look more like a prez than Thompson? Broke my heart when he dropped out. You are saying it was the same with Perry: that he wasn't willing to work. Good point.

No, Perry can't make it now. Women know what he is and we're the majority, so that's that. Total failures don't get another run, especially if people are laughing at them.

Until the GOP co-opts the libertarian position --- I fully expect that, it's getting WAY out of hand the number of people like several here who are just refusing to vote for the GOP but would vote Libertarian -- women will take one look at the Perry types and shriek and vote Dem or not at all, like me.

You say Perry's radical position helps him toward the nomination and I totally agree: all 36 white men of 65 and above who support Perry will be wildly in favor of him becoming president. Don't worry, you all don't need women to vote for him............he can win with just those 36 because they are REAL AMERICANS.

The rest will elect Hillary or Christie, maybe.

I have to disagree.

Perry is feathering his nest on the way to the GOP nomination. His radical position HELPS him towards the nomination.

His mistake in 2012 was that he entered the race on a lark and ran up against people who have been at this for years.

Lemme tell you, if dear old Fred Thompson couldn't do it, you KNOW Perry can't do it.

Did anyone EVER look more like a prez than Thompson? Broke my heart when he dropped out. You are saying it was the same with Perry: that he wasn't willing to work. Good point.

No, Perry can't make it now. Women know what he is and we're the majority, so that's that. Total failures don't get another run, especially if people are laughing at them.

Until the GOP co-opts the libertarian position --- I fully expect that, it's getting WAY out of hand the number of people like several here who are just refusing to vote for the GOP but would vote Libertarian -- women will take one look at the Perry types and shriek and vote Dem or not at all, like me.

You say Perry's radical position helps him toward the nomination and I totally agree: all 36 white men of 65 and above who support Perry will be wildly in favor of him becoming president. Don't worry, you all don't need women to vote for him............he can win with just those 36 because they are REAL AMERICANS.

+1 Fred Thompson was great. His handlers screwed him over. He should have been allowed to get plenty of rest. Running him on 4hrs of sleep all around the country pooped him out.

Texas Gov. Perry Won't Seek Re-election in 2014
Liberty republicans we got anyone thinking about running?

Texas is a "Police State" you know? A state full of very aggressive, no-nonsense cops. Heavy enforcement of drug laws. Happily practice the Death Penalty.

I assume you are disgusted by the thought of the State of Texas, right? AND the man who has been running it?

We are not too keen on gay folk either...except in Austin...so be advised.

+1 Fred Thompson was great. His handlers screwed him over. He should have been allowed to get plenty of rest. Running him on 4hrs of sleep all around the country pooped him out.

Interesting. You may know more about this than I do; it's certainly plausible.

Gov. Perry is currently saying on every possible platform including church service signs that his memory failed during the debate simply because he'd had back surgery six weeks before and I am REAL open to that being quite true.....

The one thing we know about the presidency is that mostly old people do it. And often they DO have health crises, why not? Handlers HAVE to be able to cope with this. If they can't, their candidate will go down in flames.

Interesting issue you bring up. This will come up again.

Interesting. You may know more about this than I do; it's certainly plausible.

Gov. Perry is currently saying on every possible platform including church service signs that his memory failed during the debate simply because he'd had back surgery six weeks before and I am REAL open to that being quite true.....

The one thing we know about the presidency is that mostly old people do it. And often they DO have health crises, why not? Handlers HAVE to be able to cope with this. If they can't, their candidate will go down in flames.

Interesting issue you bring up. This will come up again.

I've met Mr. Perry a few times. Had some 1/1 time. Been watching his career since he took the Lt. Governor position under Bush. He's a politician. He will tell you anything he thinks you want to hear to get elected. If that's the kind of guy you want he's your man. He was a life long democrat before he switched to take the job under Bush.

Last edited:
I have to disagree.

I think Perry has a lot of work to do to rehabilitate his public image, but it is still very possible.

On the subject of Fred Thompson, I don't think Fred was ever seriously running. I think his purpose in the primaries was to provide covering fire for McCain. He never challenged McCain. His purpose was to soak off conservative votes that might have gone to Huckabee or Romney.

Let us not forget that everyone thought that 2008 was going to be that matchup between Rudy Guiliani and Hillary Clinton that didn't happen in 2000.

McCain in 2000 had alienated the Christian Right and Talk Radio and no one really thought he had a chance to win the nomination. Until he did.

I have to disagree.

I think Perry has a lot of work to do to rehabilitate his public image, but it is still very possible.

On the subject of Fred Thompson, I don't think Fred was ever seriously running. I think his purpose in the primaries was to provide covering fire for McCain. He never challenged McCain. His purpose was to soak off conservative votes that might have gone to Huckabee or Romney.

Let us not forget that everyone thought that 2008 was going to be that matchup between Rudy Guiliani and Hillary Clinton that didn't happen in 2000.

McCain in 2000 had alienated the Christian Right and Talk Radio and no one really thought he had a chance to win the nomination. Until he did.
The US voting system is designed to elect the absolute worst candidate.

Which gives Governor Goodhair a fair chance....

Which gives Governor Goodhair a fair chance....

Ugg.

Forum List

Back