Perry won't run for re election

Once the fetus is demonstrably a living human being, most libertarians would side with the living human being's right to life and liberty....

I doubt it. It would be interesting to see a poll on that. Does anyone have any actual facts on how libertarians sort out on the issue? Numbers? That is, whether they would make laws against abortion? It doesn't matter what each individual approves of or not, especially men in this case since pregnancy doesn't apply to men so it doesn't matter what their personal opinion is.

Once the fetus is demonstrably a living human being, most libertarians would side with the living human being's right to life and liberty....

I doubt it. It would be interesting to see a poll on that. Does anyone have any actual facts on how libertarians sort out on the issue? Numbers? That is, whether they would make laws against abortion? It doesn't matter what each individual approves of or not, especially men in this case since pregnancy doesn't apply to men so it doesn't matter what their personal opinion is.

wow... "pregnancy doesn't apply to men"

Where do you think men come from?

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

I know what they turn into, of course: see my avatar, Circe, whose island was invaded by Odysseus and his men.

She used not beauty
For man's beguiling,
She craved no suitor;
Sea-chances brought
To her forest-silent
And crimson-fruited
And snake-green island
Her guests unsought.

They thought to pluck there
Her rosial spendour?
They thought their luck there
Was near divine?
When the meal ended
She rose and struck them
With wand extended
And made them swine.

--from Vitrea Circe, by C.S. Lewis

No problem, let him run for president now that he's alienated 55% of the population: the women.
This presupposes that 55% of the population is comprised of single minded single issue voters who vote as a block which is absurd on its face.

There you go. So no problem, right? You can elect any Republican fascist who wants to stop abortions all over the country, you don't need women to vote for him! I mean, maybe they will, right? Those people in Texas and North Carolina and all coming out by the hundreds and thousands to protest this male oppression:

They're all men, right?

Oh, wait.....they're women? Oh, never mind, I'm sure you can win elections everywhere with a minority of older white men because they are really ANGRY, and that's what counts in the vote.

shouldn't men have a say in the issue?

Some may actually want to have a say in whether the fetus, their fetus too, is carried to term or not?

Some may actually want to have a say in whether the fetus, their fetus too, is carried to term or not?

No.

Certainly husbands --- married men -- want a say and deserve a say: If marriage means anything, it has always meant men can claim the children as their own. That was sort of the POINT of marriage. (Now marriage is so men can screw each other, apparently, but I'm talking about when the world made sense.) So a woman aborting would most certainly be grounds for divorce. Unless he agreed to it; as is likely if the fetus is malformed and will be disabled.

Otherwise it's just not about men. If some guy has knocked a woman up, but isn't married to her, what happens is SO not his business.

Unless the state decides he has to pay for the kid if she carries it to term. Then it serves him right. Maybe he should learn to use protection or get married ------ sheeeeeeeesh, I have to teach you guys this stuff? I'd have thought you'd have figured it out for yourselves.

Wow......Does someone need a lesson in the "birds and bees?" I was under the impression that a man played a crucial role in whether or not a woman even becomes pregnant in the first place. You would think he would/should have a crucial role in terminating a pregnancy he was 50% responsible for....

" If some guy has knocked a woman up, but isn't married to her, what happens is SO not his business." Stupid that, Circe, if she is going to have the child and ask for child support. Yes, a father should have some say. It's not in the law yet but the day will come.

No.

Certainly husbands --- married men -- want a say and deserve a say: If marriage means anything, it has always meant men can claim the children as their own. That was sort of the POINT of marriage. (Now marriage is so men can screw each other, apparently, but I'm talking about when the world made sense.) So a woman aborting would most certainly be grounds for divorce. Unless he agreed to it; as is likely if the fetus is malformed and will be disabled.

Otherwise it's just not about men. If some guy has knocked a woman up, but isn't married to her, what happens is SO not his business.

Unless the state decides he has to pay for the kid if she carries it to term. Then it serves him right. Maybe he should learn to use protection or get married ------ sheeeeeeeesh, I have to teach you guys this stuff? I'd have thought you'd have figured it out for yourselves.

whoa whoa whoa let's back up. So what you're saying that if an unmarried man impregnates a woman and isn't married the woman can do whatever she wants to the fetus and the man has no rights and has no say. However, if a woman gets impregnated by a man she's not married to and the man wants nothing to do with her and the baby, he still has to fork over money out of his paycheck for 18 years? For a child he doesn't want? So basically you're saying the woman has carte blanche to either kill the baby without the consent of the father and the father just has to deal with it or the woman has carte blanch to have the babie and make the man pay for it... amazing double standard...

Women, like men, have never worried about double standards, you know that.

" If some guy has knocked a woman up, but isn't married to her, what happens is SO not his business." Stupid that, Circe, if she is going to have the child and ask for child support. Yes, a father should have some say. It's not in the law yet but the day will come.

I doubt it.......it's not about her asking for child support. Much good that would do her in the usual case where the guy bugs out as fast as he can go.

The state does it because otherwise his sexual adventures are all on the taxpayers dime.

I think you all know how it works.

I was under the impression that a man played a crucial role in whether or not a woman even becomes pregnant in the first place. You would think he would/should have a crucial role in terminating a pregnancy he was 50% responsible for....

Naaaaaaah, sperm is easy. Men spread it around everywhere they can.

It's pregnancy that is the problem.

Sperm is free so the male doesn't matter. But pregnancy and birth and raising a child is very, very expensive.

So in law, no, the man gets bupkas input. Very appropriate.

You all may want to work harder on male contraception pills.

whoa whoa whoa let's back up. So what you're saying that if an unmarried man impregnates a woman and isn't married the woman can do whatever she wants to the fetus and the man has no rights and has no say. However, if a woman gets impregnated by a man she's not married to and the man wants nothing to do with her and the baby, he still has to fork over money out of his paycheck for 18 years? For a child he doesn't want? So basically you're saying the woman has carte blanche to either kill the baby without the consent of the father and the father just has to deal with it or the woman has carte blanch to have the babie and make the man pay for it... amazing double standard...

Um....yes? In all fifty states of the U.S.A., that's the law?

Migod, you didn't know that??? I suppose you must be quite a young man.

I think it's good we had this little talk! This is definitely news you can use.

I realize that that is the law. I'm young, but old to have kids; and do. I've seen other people get screwed by the system as well. But anyone who actually agrees with these laws is ridiculous; it is upsurd. We have a lot of laws that are pretty ridiculous don't we? Women said they wanted equality, but what they really wanted was complete control. Whether it is the law or not, I find it ridiculous for women to be able to kill a fetus without the biological father's consent (assuming it's not rape or a severe health risk). Just as I think it's ridiculous for a woman to make a man pay for a child he doesn't want.

And go ahead and write in your notes to attempt to notice sarcasm...

Not to worry, the law will be changing on female predators and determined pregnancy.

Women said they wanted equality, but what they really wanted was complete control.

Well, men had complete control for....let's see, I believe it's 30,658 years as of 2013.....but we've got it now.

Hey, you know what? I can see why you liked having control! This is better than enemies being able to hurt us whenever they want and ruin our lives!

I believe we'll just keep that control. Works for me.

If you all want to avoid paying for extraneous babies, I suggest you get better hold of the sperm. Just a suggestion. Then you won't have a problem.

Women said they wanted equality, but what they really wanted was complete control.

Well, men had complete control for....let's see, I believe it's 30,658 years as of 2013.....but we've got it now.

Hey, you know what? I can see why you liked having control! This is better than enemies being able to hurt us whenever they want and ruin our lives!

I believe we'll just keep that control. Works for me.

If you all want to avoid paying for extraneous babies, I suggest you get better hold of the sperm. Just a suggestion. Then you won't have a problem.

I try hard but for some reason it always gets away from me.

Forum List

Back