Perry won't run for re election

Draconian? I hate Perry. But where does this bill have anything to do with Perry? Why is this "draconian?"

The news I read said that Perry is leading and supporting this antiabortion bill.

I can't see that doing him any good in a presidential run (at least not among people who care about that issue, most women), and Perry was already a lost cause because of his memory problem.

Last edited:
As a Texan who would you like to run?
I like Rand Paul. I like Rubio, though I think he tried to hard on the immigration bill.

I like constitutional conservatives.

Mr. Perry pushed too many authoritarian views of his, IMO. I believe him to be the kind of politician that tells you what he thinks you want to hear.

What about for Governor? I would love to see Ron Paul run but I just don't think he will.

Could you link to where Perry stated that he hated women. Otherwise, your baseless claims are just emotional rants.

Perry is leading the draconian antiabortion bills in the Texas legislature. So it's obvious he hates women. Doing things to grossly harm women is how we can tell men hate women!!!!

You think lots of women around the country are going to vote for someone like that? Shoooooooo, he can't even get approval in TEXAS.

A lot of loser pols get the bright idea that since they've failed in everything else, they should run for president. I can think of several like that. Perry already did it once. I doubt he'll even get as far as the primaries. They put a toe in the water, see it's ice cold and no one will support them, then they go do something else with their lives, like retire.

20 to 28 weeks is not anti women or anti abortion. Several states already have these laws. You are still ranting emotionally not logically.

Draconian? I hate Perry. But where does this bill have anything to do with Perry? Why is this "draconian?"

The news I read said that Perry is leading and supporting this antiabortion bill.

I can't see that doing him any good in a presidential run (at least not among people who care about that issue, most women), and Perry was already a lost cause because of his memory problem.

What about the bill is "anti-abortion?" It is an "abortion" bill that includes some regulation over the act of abortion wrt making sure a physician is involved in some of the activities. Or would you prefer abortions be done in back alley ways?

Last edited:
I'm interested that we're finding out the antiabortion beliefs -- that is, men who want laws passed against women who are trying to get abortions -- of several possible Republican candidates for prez.

Scott Walker turns out to be one of them, that surprised me. He's signing a bad law now in his home state, I read.

And Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's VP choice, turned out to be rabidly antiabortionist! Who knew?

I don't care if these men have a personal objection to abortion -- it hardly matters what their opinion is, since they aren't likely to get raped and preggers -- but hopefully these guys who want all these laws plastered all over women's bodies will get eliminated from presidential consideration fairly quickly now that everyone has started looking for this.

Maybe it will lead to more libertarianism in the GOP, or better yet, the parties switching out and the GOP gone.

As a Texan who would you like to run?
I like Rand Paul. I like Rubio, though I think he tried to hard on the immigration bill.

Mr. Perry pushed too many authoritarian views of his, IMO. I believe him to be the kind of politician that tells you what he thinks you want to hear.

What about for Governor? I would love to see Ron Paul run but I just don't think he will.

I love Ron Paul, and he'd be perfect for Governor as the TX Governor position is pretty much an inactive position. But I think Mr. Paul is retired now and well deserved.

You do realize Ron Paul an Ardent libertarian is also pro life? Just because people are libertarian doesn't mean they condone murdering babies,that's stopping a beating heart I know this for a fact seeing how in 3 pregnancies I have NEVER missed a Dr Appointment for my wife at the baby doctor.I have heard the heart beat and seen the baby moving very early on...

What about the bill is "anti-abortion?" It is an "abortion" bill that includes some regulation over the act of abortion wrt making sure a physician is involved in some of the activities. Or would you prefer abortions be done in back alley ways?

I think you know the answer to all that. Of course it's an antiabortion bill. That's why it's being pushed by the antiabortionists. That's why the pro-choice side is demonstrating against it by the thousands.

The point is, Perry was wildly in favor of it. No wonder he's hanging it up.

He's a pretty face, but he's not going to be president.

I love Ron Paul, and he'd be perfect for Governor as the TX Governor position is pretty much an inactive position. But I think Mr. Paul is retired now and well deserved.

Indeed...he seems to be more active now than when he was in congress...just came out with the Ron Paul channel,his radio station thing,the homeschooling curriculum.

I'm interested that we're finding out the antiabortion beliefs -- that is, men who want laws passed against women who are trying to get abortions -- of several possible Republican candidates for prez.

Scott Walker turns out to be one of them, that surprised me. He's signing a bad law now in his home state, I read.

And Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's VP choice, turned out to be rabidly antiabortionist! Who knew?

I don't care if these men have a personal objection to abortion -- it hardly matters what their opinion is, since they aren't likely to get raped and preggers -- but hopefully these guys who want all these laws plastered all over women's bodies will get eliminated from presidential consideration fairly quickly now that everyone has started looking for this.

Maybe it will lead to more libertarianism in the GOP, or better yet, the parties switching out and the GOP gone.
Do you have any "facts" to back up your rage? Or are you just parroting the liberal media bias against the right to life and health of unborn children?

You do realize Ron Paul an Ardent libertarian is also pro life? Just because people are libertarian doesn't mean they condone murdering babies,that's stopping a beating heart I know this for a fact seeing how in 3 pregnancies I have NEVER missed a Dr Appointment for my wife at the baby doctor.I have heard the heart beat and seen the baby moving very early on...

Do you know whether Ron Paul is in favor of LAWS against abortion?

Because otherwise it doesn't matter what his opinion is --- well, except I suppose he would refuse to do an abortion, though he knows how! But that's certainly his right, and I would respect that.

I would hope and assume that as a sort of Ur-Libertarian he would be opposed to laws against women's freedom to decide that. But I don't know; I've just started learning about Libertarianism.

Could you link to where Perry stated that he hated women. Otherwise, your baseless claims are just emotional rants.

Perry is leading the draconian antiabortion bills in the Texas legislature. So it's obvious he hates women. Doing things to grossly harm women is how we can tell men hate women!!!!

You think lots of women around the country are going to vote for someone like that? Shoooooooo, he can't even get approval in TEXAS.

A lot of loser pols get the bright idea that since they've failed in everything else, they should run for president. I can think of several like that. Perry already did it once. I doubt he'll even get as far as the primaries. They put a toe in the water, see it's ice cold and no one will support them, then they go do something else with their lives, like retire.

20 to 28 weeks is not anti women or anti abortion. Several states already have these laws. You are still ranting emotionally not logically.

Fed court blocked WI's bill yesterday and it will block Tx's if it passes.

Libertarianism espouses individuality and life...issues that you seem to be against. Rs and Ds push issues that run perpendicular to the citizenry.

Libertarians cannot agree on what they think the philosophy's principles should be.

Most liberts believe that abortion should be the choice of the mother and her doctor.

Do you have any "facts" to back up your rage? Or are you just parroting the liberal media bias against the right to life and health of unborn children?

Are you denying the facts as stated? They are: 1) Govs. Perry and Walker, and Paul Ryan, turn out on careful examination to be rabidly antiabortionist men who want laws against abortion. 2) Men don't get pregnant, so their personal opinion on abortion simply doesn't count.

I'm quite sure that both those statements are facts. There was a movie where Arnold Schwarzzenegger got pregnant, but I'm pretty sure that was fiction.

The rest was opinion: that women have started to look closely at these candidates who are antiabortion and will reject them. And maybe the GOP will co-opt libertarianism as a way to come back from their Dire Straits, since they are throwing away a sound majority of the voting population, and it's hard to win elections with a small minority of voters.

"Parroting" ------------ OOOoooooooo. Let's don't do that.

Because otherwise it doesn't matter what his opinion is --- well, except I suppose he would refuse to do an abortion, though he knows how! But that's certainly his right, and I would respect that.

I would hope and assume that as a sort of Ur-Libertarian he would be opposed to laws against women's freedom to decide that. But I don't know; I've just started learning about Libertarianism.

Once the fetus is demonstrably a living human being, most libertarians would side with the living human being's right to life and liberty over the decidedly cruel act of killing that living human being. I really don't see why anyone would think murdering innocent babies is a choice. I do see the argument for selective abortion before the baby has a functional brain and a heartbeat. Defending the life of a baby that is 20weeks (Five Months old) is not draconian. Killing the baby with a suction pump ... yeah that's draconian.

Once the fetus is demonstrably a living human being, most libertarians would side with the living human being's right to life and liberty over the decidedly cruel act of killing that living human being. I really don't see why anyone would think murdering innocent babies is a choice. I do see the argument for selective abortion before the baby has a functional brain and a heartbeat. Defending the life of a baby that is 20weeks (Five Months old) is not draconian. Killing the baby with a suction pump ... yeah that's draconian.

Not what liberts are saying, bud.

Are you denying the facts as stated? They are: 1) Govs. Perry and Walker, and Paul Ryan, turn out on careful examination to be rabidly antiabortionist men who want laws against abortion. 2) Men don't get pregnant, so their personal opinion on abortion simply doesn't count.

I'm quite sure that both those statements are facts. There was a movie where Arnold Schwarzzenegger got pregnant, but I'm pretty sure that was fiction.

The rest was opinion: that women have started to look closely at these candidates who are antiabortion and will reject them. And maybe the GOP will co-opt libertarianism as a way to come back from their Dire Straits, since they are throwing away a sound majority of the voting population, and it's hard to win elections with a small minority of voters.

"Parroting" ------------ OOOoooooooo. Let's don't do that.

I was a baby once. You were a baby once. We all were. The duty to protect our children is not limited to the mother. Judge, Jury, and Executioner?

Is Ann Richards still dead?
huh_zps297f809f.png

Last edited:

Not what liberts are saying, bud.

Yes there are two camps. There are the non-aggression principle babies have rights people, such as Rand Paul, and the Randians who view the young child as a trespassing lump of flesh.

Forum List

Back