Peter was married- if he was the first pope why cant priests be married in the RCC?

Orthodox Church has a tradition that NAMES 3 wise men - I always thought there were three GIFTS brought by unknown number of Magi.

I believe one thinking they are serving God and have a marriage mate wouldnt even consider paedophilia. Not in all cases most assuredly, but in most i would say.

Maybe you missed the facts of true God worship history--undeniable facts= From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion while serving the true God, teach, serve and worship a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) thus while Jesus attended, he was taught, served and worshipped that God as was every bible writer-- How do you get by these facts?
Translation errors are misleading the majority.
Jesus is Jehovah. So the Israelites including Moses knew Jesus.
Yes, most who are married don’t abuse their children sexually. But, that isn’t the topic. Most pedophiles are married or from the same family such as uncles. They aren’t all single people.

Jesus is Jehovah. So the Israelites including Moses knew Jesus.
Yes, most who are married don’t abuse their children sexually. But, that isn’t the topic. Most pedophiles are married or from the same family such as uncles. They aren’t all single people.
The Israelite religion didnt know Jesus while on earth. No Jesus is not Jehovah--YHWH(Jehovah) said to my Lord( Jesus) proves it--It says The LORD said to my Lord, in your bible--Jehovah got LORD( all capitols). Jesus never did.

The Israelite religion didnt know Jesus while on earth. No Jesus is not Jehovah--YHWH(Jehovah) said to my Lord( Jesus) proves it--It says The LORD said to my Lord, in your bible--Jehovah got LORD( all capitols). Jesus never did.
You are relying on punctuation when original Hebrew was first spoken and eventually written down had no punctuation. Over time, confused scholars like yours made incorrect changes and now you try to use those as facts. Try just using the words when Jesus himself said he was the God in the OT that told the Jews they were also gods and also children of the most high God. John 10:34 clearly without punctuation says “I told you.”

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

The LORD, who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was Jehovah. He is the God of the Old Testament. Now if we look at the words of the Apostle John we find out that it was not God the Father who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

In the below verse John, referring to the Father as God, says the following:

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

So if no man had seen God (the Father) at any time, then who was it that appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Who was it in Exodus 33 that Moses spoke with face to face as one man speaketh to another?

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

It was the LORD, Jehovah, the great I AM. Before Abraham was, I AM was the God who created this earth.

Exodus 3:14-15
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Hosea 13:4-5

4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isaiah 45:21-22

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Last edited:
You are relying on punctuation when original Hebrew was first spoken and eventually written down had no punctuation. Over time, confused scholars like yours made incorrect changes and now you try to use those as facts. Try just using the words when Jesus himself said he was the God in the OT that told the Jews they were also gods and also children of the most high God. John 10:34 clearly without punctuation says “I told you.”

gods small g is not calling them God. Truth came back here in these last days-Dan 12:4 thus corrections had to be made on all the errors taught through the ages. My teachers have done so as well as correct all the translation errors, by holy spirit guiding them.

gods small g is not calling them God. Truth came back here in these last days-Dan 12:4 thus corrections had to be made on all the errors taught through the ages. My teachers have done so as well as correct all the translation errors, by holy spirit guiding them.
There you go again side-stepping Jesus words that he is the one in Psalms 82:6 that said we are gods too. The key is John 10:34 isn’t about us being gods. The key is that Jesus said it in 82:6. You agree it’s Jehovah that said we are gods in Psalms. And Jesus says that was him.
Scriptural Hebrew doesn’t have capital or small letters or punctuation. It doesn’t matter what your scholars think about punctuation. It’s all subjective. Only the words themselves matter. “I said!”

There you go again side-stepping Jesus words that he is the one in Psalms 82:6 that said we are gods too. The key is John 10:34 isn’t about us being gods. The key is that Jesus said it in 82:6. You agree it’s Jehovah that said we are gods in Psalms. And Jesus says that was him.
Scriptural Hebrew doesn’t have capital or small letters or punctuation. It doesn’t matter what your scholars think about punctuation. It’s all subjective. Only the words themselves matter. “I said!”
Most of the psalms are much older Canaanite poems from the Ugarit tablets found at Ras Shamra in Syria. They are 800-1000 years before Abraham.

Ok, god--part the red sea or here is a simple one for a god--create a single blade of grass from nothing--otherwise you are taking things out of context.
Jesus speaks at Psalm 82--not Jehovah and any one who can understand english without a haughty heart clearly sees in verse 8 Jesus asking God( Jehovah) to judge the earth, because he is not God. He is the speaker at Proverbs 8 as well, telling all he was created.

Most of the psalms are much older Canaanite poems from the Ugarit tablets found at Ras Shamra in Syria. They are 800-1000 years before Abraham.
That's your take on it. But, it's wrong. Neither does it matter if a writer writes down a poem that someone else wrote. All religions have truths in them. Just those with Heavenly Father and the Bible is more correct as far as it is translated correctly.

Ok, god--part the red sea or here is a simple one for a god--create a single blade of grass from nothing--otherwise you are taking things out of context.
Jesus speaks at Psalm 82--not Jehovah and any one who can understand english without a haughty heart clearly sees in verse 8 Jesus asking God( Jehovah) to judge the earth, because he is not God. He is the speaker at Proverbs 8 as well, telling all he was created.
No, it was Jehovah that spoke. Keep this within context that Psalms is in the Old Testament in which Jehovah is Lord God of the Earth. Jesus was there telling the people they are gods and children of the Most High God or Father in Heaven (Elohim) Have no idea what your first sentence is trying to prove. Again, punctuation didn't exist when the original texts were written. Punctuation is a post NT time construct. So, you can't use it to prove that your scholars are correct. They are making stuff up to stir the narrative towards them. Something anyone can do.

That's your take on it. But, it's wrong. Neither does it matter if a writer writes down a poem that someone else wrote. All religions have truths in them. Just those with Heavenly Father and the Bible is more correct as far as it is translated correctly.

Has nothing to do with me.

Many religious scholars are studying the Ugarit tablets because they help translate ancient Hebrew. There are also accounts of Gilgamesh and Dan'el. These predate Abraham.

There is nothing to discuss. This has been done to death. Its so old.

Yeh, Peter WAS married, but he did not marry AFTER becoming an apostle. That's the point.

Lots of Catholic priests are married too. In fact, only Latin Rite Catholic priests cannot marry, which the unwashed usually refer to as "Roman" Catholic.

Read and learn:

There is nothing to discuss. This has been done to death. Its so old.

Yeh, Peter WAS married, but he did not marry AFTER becoming an apostle. That's the point.

Lots of Catholic priests are married too. In fact, only Latin Rite Catholic priests cannot marry, which the unwashed usually refer to as "Roman" Catholic.

Read and learn:

Good explanation.

No, the proposition is that Peter was married. It is up to you or others to show that his wife was still alive when Jesus selected him and change his name from Simon to Peter.

Nothing in the NT suggests against infant Baptism. Baptism washes away Original Sin. Nothing suggests your magical age of 8.

That is not the way it works, you make a statement you are required to back it up.

Forum List

Back