Petition to Put an End to Teachers' Unions in Public Education!

YOU are obscessed...*I* OWN YOU

Sure....that's why YOU sent me drunken rambling e-mails when you had that message board full of awesomeness....because you "own" me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(What happened to that message board, btw?)

Have another :booze: Tommy.
*I* OWN YOU. Now don't stray off MY Plantation...I will see fit to yank the leash.

Fascinating to see what booze does to you. :lol::lol::lol:

Have another :booze: Tommy. These posts of yours are keepers. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sure....that's why YOU sent me drunken rambling e-mails when you had that message board full of awesomeness....because you "own" me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(What happened to that message board, btw?)

Have another :booze: Tommy.
*I* OWN YOU. Now don't stray off MY Plantation...I will see fit to yank the leash.

Fascinating to see what booze does to you. :lol::lol::lol:

Have another :booze: Tommy. These posts of yours are keepers. :clap2::clap2::clap2:
What PART of *I OWN YOU*, don't YOU understand?

It seems with all the praise I've gotten for this petition I only have two signatures... What's up? Are you guys having a hard time registering for an account on the White House site?

Everywhere. There's no correlation between government spending on education and student performance. None.

That's a teacher union myth.

Name some places then. Specifically. Show us how you get better teachers by paying them less and taking away their benefits and workplace protections, etc.

Show the actual examples.

NYC Private Schools compliment the Public Schools and do work very well. Charter Schools are very effective here too. All the Systems benefit, the Kids most of all. You guys are chasing Windmills here. You should not be so down on Reform.
I'm all for reform as long as those reforms don't hurt public education.

There's no correlation between government spending on education and student performance. None.

That's a teacher union myth.

Name some places then. Specifically. Show us how you get better teachers by paying them less and taking away their benefits and workplace protections, etc.

Here's the irrefutable proof:

57EAC2158291FB1057F142C86F169A7F.gif

NYC Private Schools compliment the Public Schools and do work very well. Charter Schools are very effective here too. All the Systems benefit, the Kids most of all. You guys are chasing Windmills here. You should not be so down on Reform.
I'm all for reform as long as those reforms don't hurt public education.

Did you read my petition text? Read it carefully.

Yes, teachers are the enemy.

Listen to yourself.

By the way, the best school system in the world, Finland, is 100% unionized.

Yes, teachers are the enemy.

Listen to yourself.

By the way, the best school system in the world, Finland, is 100% unionized.
Then they are FUCKED UP...You want to see America like that?

Fire up the BONG chrissy.

Yes, I do.

The transformation of the Finns’ education system began some 40 years ago as the key propellent of the country’s economic recovery plan. Educators had little idea it was so successful until 2000, when the first results from the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), a standardized test given to 15-year-olds in more than 40 global venues, revealed Finnish youth to be the best young readers in the world. Three years later, they led in math. By 2006, Finland was first out of 57 countries (and a few cities) in science. In the 2009 PISA scores released last year, the nation came in second in science, third in reading and sixth in math among nearly half a million students worldwide. “I’m still surprised,” said Arjariita Heikkinen, principal of a Helsinki comprehensive school. “I didn’t realize we were that good.”

Why Are Finland's Schools Successful? | People & Places | Smithsonian Magazine

Yes, I do.

The transformation of the Finns’ education system began some 40 years ago as the key propellent of the country’s economic recovery plan. Educators had little idea it was so successful until 2000, when the first results from the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), a standardized test given to 15-year-olds in more than 40 global venues, revealed Finnish youth to be the best young readers in the world. Three years later, they led in math. By 2006, Finland was first out of 57 countries (and a few cities) in science. In the 2009 PISA scores released last year, the nation came in second in science, third in reading and sixth in math among nearly half a million students worldwide. “I’m still surprised,” said Arjariita Heikkinen, principal of a Helsinki comprehensive school. “I didn’t realize we were that good.”

Why is it none of you assholes has responded to my chart showing not the slightest correlation between spending and graduation rates?

You can sit back and look at the nice charter school, and all the things that they do, but the evidence that they are an improvement is not compelling.

Yes, I do.

Why is it none of you assholes has responded to my chart showing not the slightest correlation between spending and graduation rates?

Because it costs more to run a school in New York than it does in Omaha.

Cost of living is higher in New York.

Forum List

Back