Petition to Put an End to Teachers' Unions in Public Education!

Everywhere. There's no correlation between government spending on education and student performance. None.

That's a teacher union myth.

Name some places then. Specifically. Show us how you get better teachers by paying them less and taking away their benefits and workplace protections, etc.

Show the actual examples.

You get better teachers by taking away their guaranteed tenure so they can't do a pisspoor job and get away with it. I don't think anybody is talking about taking away teacher's benefits and workplace protections or paying them less than what they should reasonably be paid. But it does border on criminality to contribute hundreds of millions in political campaign donations to democrats who in turn give those same unions overly generous contracts. That oges for any public sector unions, their pay and benefits should be tied to whatever the private sector pays in similar occupations.
Any teacher that works in a public school system knows it is very easy to get around tenure laws. Most commonly the principal simply refuses to rehire the teacher leaving it to the district to place the teacher. If no other school picks up the teacher, then they end up as a sub, probably the worst of all teaching jobs. In most cases the teacher just moves on. Interestingly, there are 18 states that have no or very weak tenure laws. There are loads problems in public education. Tenure is not one of them.

Your statement about teacher unions contributing hundreds of millions to Democrats is simply inaccurate. The total amount contributed to all political parties and candidates by teacher unions was 62 million, 2.8% of total contributions in the last presidential election year. That includes contributions to both Democrat, Republicans, and Independents.

National Institute on Money in State Politics | Follow The Money
http://www.ecs.org/clearinghouse/94/93/9493.pdf

Yes, teachers are the enemy.

Listen to yourself.

By the way, the best school system in the world, Finland, is 100% unionized.

And you are a classic example of why our education system needs to be fixed.

Your statement above would seem to indicate that because the system is 100% unionized that somehow is the reason it is the best system in the world.

What is to say it isn't the best for a 100 other reasons and could be even better if it were not unionized.

Unions in Finland don't necessarily translate into unions in the U.S either.

No wonder this country is going down the drain.

You can sit back and look at the nice charter school, and all the things that they do, but the evidence that they are an improvement is not compelling.
Research shows that, on average, charter schools don’t outperform traditional public schools – they’re just another attempt to privatize education!

Listen to yourself.

Your statement above would seem to indicate that because the system is 100% unionized that somehow is the reason it is the best system in the world.

What is to say it isn't the best for a 100 other reasons and could be even better if it were not unionized.

The Five States Where Teachers Unions Are Illegal Have The Lowest Test Scores In America*

Read more: The Five States Where Teachers Unions Are Illegal Have The Lowest Test Scores In America* - Business Insider

Listen to yourself.

The Five States Where Teachers Unions Are Illegal Have The Lowest Test Scores In America*

Read more: The Five States Where Teachers Unions Are Illegal Have The Lowest Test Scores In America* - Business Insider

Well, hey, someone has to produce athletes for the Special Olympics. Thank you, teabaggers.

Guys, the registration on the White House "We the People" Site should be up and working again, try using Google Chrome when you access if possible and sign the petition.

Shut the fuck UP. YOU will NOT speak unless YOU have my blessing.

What a hoot! :clap2::clap2:

Tommy <<<<<<:booze:
Shut the Hell up. *I* didn't give YOU permission to speak. *I* OWN Your ass.

This is hysterical. So, drunken little Tommy. You think you have to give me permission, eh? Well, for someone who supposedly "owns my ass", you are pretty helpless and silly.

Have another :booze:, Tommy.

You are giving us quite a show. :clap2::clap2:

What a hoot! :clap2::clap2:

Tommy <<<<<<:booze:
Shut the Hell up. *I* didn't give YOU permission to speak. *I* OWN Your ass.

This is hysterical. So, drunken little Tommy. You think you have to give me permission, eh? Well, for someone who supposedly "owns my ass", you are pretty helpless and silly.

Have another :booze:, Tommy.

You are giving us quite a show. :clap2::clap2:
I didn't grant YOU permission either Butch.

Its sick how these teachers union fools use the children as pawns for their own pocket book. It shows how much they really care...

All they care about is money. Their money comes first and their students come second...

Thats why these evil motherfuckers pull kids (5th-12th) graders out of class (as seen in Wisconsin) to protest on behalf of the unions instead of learning something in the classroom..

Fuck them they're shit, they're evil motherfuckers.

What type of a responsible adult or a good teacher takes a field trip to a fucking protest????

What the fuck are they teaching them??? NOTHING - they're indoctrinating them with contempt and hate...

Shocking Vid: Wis. HS Students Admit Teachers Bringing Them to Protests but Don&#8216;t Know Why They&#8217;re There | Video | TheBlaze.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cufj2d8Co5A]Wisc. High School Teachers Bring Students to Protest - YouTube[/ame]

In Wisconsin, Teachers Take Students from Class to Protest | The Weekly Standard

There are plenty more sources - 11,000,000 actually..

Forum List

Back