Petition to Put an End to Teachers' Unions in Public Education!

They're afraid of Ron Paul and the real liberals... That's whom they're afraid of..
Granted...maybe the Constitution thrown in for good measure?

They're afraid of themselves...

They're afraid of being wrong.

They're afraid to acknowledge everything they have been taught in live is bullshit.
And ALL true. Thier Alternate Universe would collapse in on itself.

It's ADAPT that thye're afraid of.

They're afraid of Ron Paul and the real liberals... That's whom they're afraid of..

Ron Paul is not new, not liberal, not conservative. He's an opportunists getting rich off of idiots that think he agrees with them.

Obviously you are a progressive...

Look at Pauls voting record then come back and post that bullshit..

You obviously know nothing about politics...

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Ron Paul is not new, not liberal, not conservative. He's an opportunists getting rich off of idiots that think he agrees with them.

Obviously you are a progressive...

Look at Pauls voting record then come back and post that bullshit..

You obviously know nothing about politics...

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Uh huh. Right. I only dealt with him and the last 'libertarian' who was as much a libertarian as Paul is a conservative. Gag me.

You have a problem with critical thinking skills if you believe that correlation is causation.

My local union officials are teachers. The top leadership is not comprised of people who are actively teaching, because the job is too much to do and hold down a teaching position. The union does represent my interests, the idea that they don't is silly propaganda.

You have a problem with critical thinking skills if you believe that correlation is causation.

My local union officials are teachers. The top leadership is not comprised of people who are actively teaching, because the job is too much to do and hold down a teaching position. The union does represent my interests, the idea that they don't is silly propaganda.

They like the education model in Mexico. Look how good that one works.

*i* own you.

You keep saying that. I do not think it means what you think it means.

(and your *I* keeps getting smaller...very appropriate)

Why don't you focus on the subject at hand instead of trying to back your way out of a corner with talking shit??

What corner was I backed into...pray tell?

And I have made my views on this subject quite plain. If you would take the time to read the ENTIRE thread, you would have known that.

Yes, teachers are the enemy.

Listen to yourself.

By the way, the best school system in the world, Finland, is 100% unionized.
Then they are FUCKED UP...You want to see America like that?

Fire up the BONG chrissy.

Education in Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it would seem you are wrong but what else is new.

The US could certainly learn a lesson from Finland. Finish students consistently have higher test scores than the US and most other countries. PISA which is the association that evaluates student achievement at age 15, ranks Finland number 1 in reading, mathematics, and science in years 2000, 2003, 2006. In 2009, they ranked 6 in Math, 2 in science, and 3 in reading. The US ranked 15, 24, 21, and 17. The huge difference in test scores are paralleled by a huge difference in the Finish approach to education.

· Teacher are full unionized and their salaries are comparable to the US
· Education is fully funded by the government and there are very few private schools
· Private schools can not select their students nor charge tuition
· Teachers must follow state curriculum guidelines but are granted much autonomy in teaching methods.
· Class sizes compared to the US are small, especially in science, less than 20 students
· Teachers are allowed to choose their own text books
· Students are expected to learn a minimum of two languages
· At age 16, students must choose either an academic track or vocational track. In either case they enter 3 years of comprehensive school.
· Schools are very informal and kept spotlessly clean and students often wear only socks in school
· Outdoor activities are stressed even in the coldest weather.
· Many foreign language programs are shown on TV with subtitles so student must read while watching TV.
· Grading is also radically different than the US. Only verbal grades are given during the first few years. Reports cards are issued only twice a year and there are no high stakes standardized tests.
· Struggling students are provided additional tutoring by the school.

Much of the success of the Finish education system is closely related to their society. First of all there is no poverty. Second, children are very strong linguistically, even before they start to school. Lastly there is a very strong feeling of trust and responsibility between teachers and students. Although, the Finish method of education cannot be transported to the US, there is a lot we could learn from them.

http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3749880
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Finland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#The_test

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDrqa-eTXU&feature=related]South Park: Blame Canada Song & Video HD - YouTube[/ame]
South Park: Blame Canada Song & Video HD

The US could certainly learn a lesson from Finland. Finish students consistently have higher test scores than the US and most other countries. PISA which is the association that evaluates student achievement at age 15, ranks Finland number 1 in reading, mathematics, and science in years 2000, 2003, 2006. In 2009, they ranked 6 in Math, 2 in science, and 3 in reading. The US ranked 15, 24, 21, and 17. The huge difference in test scores are paralleled by a huge difference in the Finish approach to education.

The performance of Finnish schools has more to do with Finnish parents than anything the schools are doing.

The performance of Finnish schools has more to do with Finnish parents than anything the schools are doing.

And oddly, they are not Asian. I agree that the parents are at the core. But since American parents don't seem to want to do their job as parents as they used to...why should teachers be doing the job of teacher AND parent and not be reimbursed for both?

Forum List

Back