Pistol Brace Rule......26 states join in suing the ATF!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

image__4__png-2709808.JPG

B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

Texas is not a listed defendant in this case but is a listed defendant on the GOA suit that was filed in the 5th circuit, in Texas.

I am not clear on what exactly a pistol brace is. I have a friend who has a .223 pistol that he modified with a wood shoulder stock. Would that qualify?
Nope. That sounds like an unregistered SBR, which carries the same penalty as an unlicensed machine gun.

Nope. That sounds like an unregistered SBR, which carries the same penalty as an unlicensed machine gun.
I've only seen it once, but it seems like it was a revolver. After doing a quick internet search I found that Taurus made or had plans to make one. Can't find much info though. Pretty sure there was no magazine on my friends though.

Can't shoot a handgun too well? Turn it into a shoulder weapon. There are so many problems with the 2nd Amendment, why do they pick this crap for a law suit?

I am not clear on what exactly a pistol brace is. I have a friend who has a .223 pistol that he modified with a wood shoulder stock. Would that qualify?

No,from what I can tell it's a strap that goes around the forearm to brace it so you can shoot it one handed easier.
I could be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.
Personally I think they're silly.

The BATFE opined ~10 years ago that pistol braces did not run afoul of the NFA

Since then, untold numbers of Americans mounted untold numbers of braces to their AR (and other) pistols.
This means these pistols are "in common use".

The BATFE's recent ruling - that a pistol brace turns a pistol into a SBR - means SBRs are now "in common use".

The 2nd Amendment applies, prima facie, to "all bearable arms" - those "in common use" for traditionally legal purposes.

Looks like unregistered and untaxed SBRs are back on the menu, boys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back