Pit bulls are safe around children!

If they are so safe, why is it that every time we hear about a toddler being mauled to death, a pit bull is always involved?

evidently the only thing you listen to is stories about pitbulls killing toddlers. how do you explain all the pit bulls that don't kill toddlers?
The point is, Pit Bulls kill the most of any breed

how can you prove that when most people misidentify pitbulls? no the point is that most pitbulls do not kill people.

Pit Bulls are about as identifiable as a Lab.

Most Pit Bulls like most dogs won't attack. However, for those few dogs that do, by far....BY FAR Pit Bulls are the worst culprits. They should be illegal to breed. Love the ones still here, don't let them mate.

I can show worse pictures of kids maimed in car wrecks or at the hands of moms boyfriend. Getting rid of pits isn't going to make ppl smart, or prevent dog bites. For one thing, American pit isn't a breed so much as a type. Any mongrel dog with a wide jaw is labeled a pit these days. It means nothing.

If they are so safe, why is it that every time we hear about a toddler being mauled to death, a pit bull is always involved?

evidently the only thing you listen to is stories about pitbulls killing toddlers. how do you explain all the pit bulls that don't kill toddlers?

how can you prove that when most people misidentify pitbulls? no the point is that most pitbulls do not kill people.

Most Pit Bulls like most dogs won't attack. However, for those few dogs that do, by far....BY FAR Pit Bulls are the worst culprits. They should be illegal to breed. Love the ones still here, don't let them mate.
Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

Shoot the breeders (people) who let it happen. Been to the Humane Society lately? It's filled with two breeds, chihuahuas and Pit Bulls. Seriously, go to your local Humane Society website and take a look.

But, if you're for backyard breeding, you deserve everything coming to you.

I can show worse pictures of kids maimed in car wrecks or at the hands of moms boyfriend. Getting rid of pits isn't going to make ppl smart, or prevent dog bites. For one thing, American pit isn't a breed so much as a type. Any mongrel dog with a wide jaw is labeled a pit these days. It means nothing.

I can show worse pictures of people throwing their cats in microwaves, doesn't mean we get rid of microwaves.

Good luck with that.

Shoot the breeders (people) who let it happen. Been to the Humane Society lately? It's filled with two breeds, chihuahuas and Pit Bulls. Seriously, go to your local Humane Society website and take a look.

Psycho, where did you get that I'm"for" backyard breeding? And why is it the breeders fault when someone chains a dog up, and some parent is stupid enough to let their kid get in reach? Breed bans are just foolish. People just latch onto another powerful breed when one is no longer available.

I can show worse pictures of people throwing their cats in microwaves, doesn't mean we get rid of microwaves.
Uh...yes, I know.

Good luck with that.

Psycho, where did you get that I'm"for" backyard breeding? And why is it the breeders fault when someone chains a dog up, and some parent is stupid enough to let their kid get in reach? Breed bans are just foolish. People just latch onto another powerful breed when one is no longer available.

Not you personally, just in general.

Children come into contact with many dogs. Pit Bulls statistically are more dangerous. It's always the owners fault of any dog that is put into a position where it can bite a child in most circumstances.

There is no other breed of dog that is as dangerous as a Pit Bull. Other dogs bite too, Pit Bulls do the most. I'm in no way in favor of breed euthanasia, I'm for restricting breeding of dangerous dogs.

Uh...yes, I know.

They're on the internet. However rarer than Pit Bull victims.

Good luck with that.

Children come into contact with many dogs. Pit Bulls statistically are more dangerous. It's always the owners fault of any dog that is put into a position where it can bite a child in most circumstances.

There is no other breed of dog that is as dangerous as a Pit Bull. Other dogs bite too, Pit Bulls do the most. I'm in now way in favor of breed euthanasia, I'm for restricting breeding of dangerous dogs.
Pit bull TYPES you mean. Identified primarily by reporters....who know as little about dog genetics as they know of anything else. Pit bull types are probably the most common type of American dog. They're our generic dog. Dog attacks aren't a breed problem...it's a people problem.We've fostered a dumb, criminal culture and they have dogs. Educate people where they live, about the dogs in their neighborhood.

Uh...yes, I know.

Ok this has taken an odd turn....

Good luck with that.

There is no other breed of dog that is as dangerous as a Pit Bull. Other dogs bite too, Pit Bulls do the most. I'm in now way in favor of breed euthanasia, I'm for restricting breeding of dangerous dogs.
Pit bull TYPES you mean. Identified primarily by reporters....who know as little about dog genetics as they know of anything else. Pit bull types are probably the most common type of American dog. They're our generic dog. Dog attacks aren't a breed problem...it's a people problem.We've fostered a dumb, criminal culture and they have dogs. Educate people where they live, about the dogs in their neighborhood.

Post 10 pictures of dogs and I bet you most people will be able to identify a Pit Bull "type" dog.

Anyway, if it were merely a "people" problem. Then how come Pit Bulls were responsible for 64% of dog bite fatalities in 2014 yet in no way shape or form make up anywhere near that size of the dog population?

Pit Bulls are a 'generic" dog just like any other breed.

Last edited:

Uh...yes, I know.

Right because showing pictures of kids maimed in car wrecks is way more sane than any other tragedy in a thread about Pit Bulls. I was only following your lead.

Good luck with that.

Post 10 pictures of dogs and I bet you most people will be able to identify a Pit Bull "type" dog.

Anyway, if it were merely a "people" problem. Then how come Pit Bulls were responsible for 64% of dog bite fatalities in 2014 yet in now way shape or form make up anywhere near that size of the dog population?

I already addressed this....reporters are identifying the dogs that bite and they like to tag dogs as pit because it leads. The discrepancy is because a lot of dogs that are not pit bulls are being identified as such....and because of breed prejudice, people don't cop to having pits.

Uh...yes, I know.

Right because showing pictures of kids maimed in car wrecks is way more sane than any other tragedy in a thread about Pit Bulls. I was only following your lead.
Except you made my point for me.

Anyway, if it were merely a "people" problem. Then how come Pit Bulls were responsible for 64% of dog bite fatalities in 2014 yet in now way shape or form make up anywhere near that size of the dog population?

I already addressed this....reporters are identifying the dogs that bite and they like to tag dogs as pit because it leads. The discrepancy is because a lot of dogs that are not pit bulls are being identified as such....and because of breed prejudice, people don't cop to having pits.

Reporters? How many of these dog bite fatalities do you think the dog got away?

Uh...yes, I know.

That your point was irrelevant? Hey, why have seat belts in cars, look at all those houses that blew up because they left the gas running in their house.

Uh...yes, I know.

That your point was irrelevant? Hey, why have seat belts in cars, look at all those houses that blew up because they left the gas running in their house.
My point was that banning things doesn't work. And you appear to both agree and disagree. I dunno but I'm out, that's enough cuckoo for me...

My point was that banning things doesn't work. And you appear to both agree and disagree. I dunno but I'm out, that's enough cuckoo for me...

I'm for letting businesses and government decide what is best for these dogs. if an apartment complex or dog boarding facility doesn't want to take your dog or insurance companies don't want to pay for risks you like to take in life, that's fine. I'm also OK with government deciding what dogs can and cannot be on government property.

I'm for jail sentences for people who breed Pit Bulls. I don't care if their dog got out of their backyard on accident or they are going Michael Vick, the dog needs to be fixed, jail time (6 months) is the answer. Won't solve every problem but it would be helpful.

Nothing mixed about my opinion. It's not cuckoo, Pit Bulls are more dangerous, it's statistically provable. There is not a single sensible reason to continue to breed them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back