Pit bulls are safe around children!

Well, pit bulls aren't the only breed to have mauled people..

That isnt an argument. If you are going to ignore the facts, then whats the point of even discussing it? Have no golden retrievers ever been beaten or neglected? Show me how many examples you can find of a golden retriever mauling someone.

Last edited:

That isnt an argument. If you are going to ignore the facts, then whats the point of even discussing it? Have no golden retrievers ever been beaten or neglected? Show me how many examples you can find of a golden retriever mauling someone.

What is your problem? I'm not arguing. I said I DON'T KNOW. Duh.

You do know. THATS my problem. You know that pitbulls attack 100 times more often than any other dog, but you still have the fucking nerve to say "well other breeds have done it too". No one cares about the exceptions! Ive seen a rat, riding a cat, whos riding a dog... that doesnt fucking mean its the norm.

Ic.jpg

You do know. THATS my problem. You know that pitbulls attack 100 times more often than any other dog, but you still have the fucking nerve to say "well other breeds have done it too". No one cares about the exceptions! Ive seen a mouse riding a cat, whos riding a dog... that doesnt fucking mean its the norm.

I did not say that. I said I don't know if pit bulls are more prone to attacking than any other breed. Other factors probably play a role in why these dogs attack more often, like the REASONS why they are taken as pets. Some of them are trained to be mean.

You do know. THATS my problem. You know that pitbulls attack 100 times more often than any other dog, but you still have the fucking nerve to say "well other breeds have done it too". No one cares about the exceptions! Ive seen a rat, riding a cat, whos riding a dog... that doesnt fucking mean its the norm.

Ic.jpg

Yeah, most people who get a dog to intimidate others (like gang members, etc), aren't going to get a Golden Retriever. :rolleyes-41: They're going to get a mean looking animal instead.

You do know. THATS my problem. You know that pitbulls attack 100 times more often than any other dog, but you still have the fucking nerve to say "well other breeds have done it too". No one cares about the exceptions! Ive seen a mouse riding a cat, whos riding a dog... that doesnt fucking mean its the norm.

I did not say that. I said I don't know if pit bulls are more prone to attacking than any other breed. Other factors probably play a role in why these dogs attack more often, like the REASONS why they are taken as pets. Some of them are trained to be mean.
Yeah, im sure all dogs are EXACTLY the same. They all have the same level of agression. Apparently people just beat the most dangerous breed more often than the others? Is that your reason for why the majority of dog maulings each year are caused by pitbulls? Its ALL because they are beaten, and the other breeds are not beaten. Otherwise pitbulls would have the exact same temperament as a golden retriever. Uhuh. Okay, whatever. Im SURE you are right.

Yeah, im sure all dogs are EXACTLY the same. They all have the same level of agression. Apparently people just beat the most dangerous breed more often than the others? Is that your reason for why the majority of dog maulings each year are caused by pitbulls? Its ALL because they are beaten, and the other breeds are not beaten. Otherwise pitbulls would have the exact same temperament as a golden retriever. Uhuh. Okay, whatever. Im SURE you are right.

I never said they were exactly the same. Stop putting words in my mouth!!! What expertise do you have anyway? None I'm guessing.

If they were inherently dangerous, I doubt the top dog shows would allow them to compete.
I don't think you can get them registered with AKC yet. Without that registration it can't compete at Westminster, which is the only show that matters. You can register a Staffordshire Terrier with AKC; that is similar but still a different breed.

Breed bans are stupid. Animals can be dangerous. The reason pit bulls seem more dangerous is because they're identified by lay ppl and they happen to be the favorite dog of dumb poor people. If they don't have pits, they'll have rotties or shepherds or mastiffs. Education is key. You can't ban every potentially dangerous breed.

Ic.jpg

You know that more pit bulls do NOT attack than do? :rolleyes-41: BTW, What would you suggest we do with this incredibly dangerous breed of canine?

No. Not all dogs have the same temperament. But that aggressive behavior is many times bred into Pit Bulls due to their fighting capabilities. They originated as "pit" fighting dogs for bull and bear baiting. Sadly, many are still used for those purposes so the aggressive traits are being sought after and passed down. You really need to research the dog's bloodline before purchasing.

If they were inherently dangerous, I doubt the top dog shows would allow them to compete.
I don't think you can get them registered with AKC yet. Without that registration it can't compete at Westminster, which is the only show that matters. You can register a Staffordshire Terrier with AKC; that is similar but still a different breed.
Pit bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several breeds are shown ... all considered pit bulls.

Yes that is a catch all name for about 3-4 different breeds.

All of which are shown at Westminster.

All of which are shown at Westminster.
I don't think the American Pit Bull Terrier is. May have changed.

Ic.jpg

You know that more pit bulls do NOT attack than do? :rolleyes-41: BTW, What would you suggest we do with this incredibly dangerous breed of canine?
Ban them. People shouldnt be walking around in public with pitbulls, gorillas, tigers or any other unpredictable and dangerous animal.

They aren't unpredictable. People are stupid. Pits act exactly the way I expect them to act.
FB_20150912_19_10_16_Saved_Picture.jpg

Forum List

Back