Pit bulls are safe around children!

2:40- 3:40

i'm sure these guys thought like you too. Just a matter of time messing with a wild animal.

Just like that Timothy what's his name guy who tried to live with grizzly bears and got himself and his girlfriend eaten alive. People need to leave wild animals alone and stop antagonizing them! They aren't interested in being friends with us!

this man says hello....

None of this means anything because wild animals are unpredictable and can turn on you and kill for a simple thing like annoying them, even if they don't MEAN to kill you.

ahh, and there you don't get it. Not if they see you as part of the pride.

They dont see you as part of the pride unless you have somehow gained their trust which means they arent truly wild. My guess is they are hand raised cubs released back into the wild. Otherwise we would be reading about how lions ate him for dinner.

Last edited:

2:40- 3:40

i'm sure these guys thought like you too. Just a matter of time messing with a wild animal.

Just like that Timothy what's his name guy who tried to live with grizzly bears and got himself and his girlfriend eaten alive. People need to leave wild animals alone and stop antagonizing them! They aren't interested in being friends with us!

this man says hello....

None of this means anything because wild animals are unpredictable and can turn on you and kill for a simple thing like annoying them, even if they don't MEAN to kill you.

People need to leave wild animals alone. They are WILD for a reason. Also, they aren't supposed to "trust" people. It's just not right. I always hated seeing the animals caged up at the zoo, especially the lions, tigers, elephants, and monkeys.

this man says hello....

People need to leave wild animals alone. They are WILD for a reason. Also, they aren't supposed to "trust" people. It's just not right. I always hated seeing the animals caged up at the zoo, especially the lions, tigers, elephants, and monkeys.

No way those lions are really wild. They had to be raised in captivity and set loose.

this man says hello....

No way those lions are really wild. They had to be raised in captivity and set loose.

Agreed. I can't see truly wild lions letting people get that close to them without at least a bitch slap which could probably take a man's head clean off. Lol!

this man says hello....

do you even watch the SHORT clips? Kevin Richardson's background is he started by getting dozens of lions out of the zoo/"game park". He lets them roam freely in ACRES of open land. He treats them with rspect and is one of them. He has dozens of lions, a lot of hyenas, leopards and even a giraffe. If you have the time please watch his movie. Its on youtube. 45 minutes long.

this man says hello....

Agreed. I can't see truly wild lions letting people get that close to them without at least a bitch slap which could probably take a man's head clean off. Lol!

lions will 99% of the time run away from humans because they see us as predators.

Home

Background
After graduating with a BSc in Anatomy and Physiology, Kevin began his career in postoperative rehabilitation. He made a dramatic career switch when he was given an opportunity to work with lions at a local lion park, sixteen years ago.

As a self-taught animal behaviourist, he has broken every safety rule known to man when working with these wild animals. Flouting common misconceptions that breaking an animal’s spirit with sticks and chains is the best way to subdue them, he uses love, understanding and trust to develop personal bonds with them. His unique method of getting to know their individual personalities, what makes each of them angry, happy, upset, or irritated-just like a mother understands a child-has caused them to accept him like one of their own into their fold.

Kevin’s unique relationships with these large predators have opened many doors and captivated the imagination of many people throughout the world. He has presented and produced several documentaries that detail his relationships with the animals and highlight the plight of lions both in captivity and in the wild.

Kevin has also written a book appropriately named, "Part of the Pride" detailing his work over the years with the large carnivores and is now affectionately known by his fans worldwide as “The Lion Whisperer”.

Through his remarkable relationships with the animals he has also made a name for himself in the feature film industry as one of South Africa’s leading animal handlers and advisors.

He has been featured prominently as a result of his ground breaking work on many local and international News Networks, Newspapers, Magazine and Actuality Programs including Sky News , CNN, ABC News, NBC , CBS, Carte Blanche and Top Billing.

His most ambitious project to date was that of a full length dramatic feature film called “white lion”, whereby he fulfilled the role as both producer and lion wrangler. The film took over four years to make and is about the life of a young white lion, “Letsatsi” who survives against all the odds to become an adult and find a pride of his own.

lions will 99% of the time run away from humans because they see us as predators.
Depends on if they are hunted or not. Lions are apex predators.

this man says hello....

do you even watch the SHORT clips? Kevin Richardson's background is he started by getting dozens of lions out of the zoo/"game park". He lets them roam freely in ACRES of open land. He treats them with rspect and is one of them. He has dozens of lions, a lot of hyenas, leopards and even a giraffe. If you have the time please watch his movie. Its on youtube. 45 minutes long.

I pretty much figured. There is no way a human is getting close to a pride of lions in the wild and playing with them.

this man says hello....

Well those lions are not truly wild then. They have been exposed to humans probably quite frequently since they were small, but it is still risky because you never know what they are capable of, and just a playful swat could have dire consequences for a human being.

back to the Op- You must show the dog that YOU are the alpha in the group/pack. You must have their respect. Then you will not get attacked.
How do you show a strange dog you are the alpha? Especially if he thinks he is a alpha male. Dogs have a hierarchy very similar to wolves. Even a low ranking member of a pack will attack you if you are a stranger.

this man says hello....

I will have to watch it later on or tomorrow.

this man says hello....

Well those lions are not truly wild then. They have been exposed to humans probably quite frequently since they were small, but it is still risky because you never know what they are capable of, and just a playful swat could have dire consequences for a human being.

this man says hello....

Chris, here is the movie.... thx...

eta- ONLY Kevin and ONE other man interacts with all Kevin's lions and hyenas.

btw, no disrespect meant to the guy above but how did a pitbull maul an adult man? Was he asleep?
You don't think a dog could maul you?

nope. Because not only am I a very large man with no fear of animals but I know how to stop/scare them. Most people put their arms up- big mistake; it gives them the perfect limb to bite and hang on to. If you are serious about the question, I'll finish telling you.
Not necessary, you explained that people can be mauled by dogs by "putting their hands up" you can't blame people for not possessing your knowledge.

btw, no disrespect meant to the guy above but how did a pitbull maul an adult man? Was he asleep?
You don't think a dog could maul you?

nope. Because not only am I a very large man with no fear of animals but I know how to stop/scare them. Most people put their arms up- big mistake; it gives them the perfect limb to bite and hang on to. If you are serious about the question, I'll finish telling you.

Even one trained by the police? :eusa_think:

I'm not afraid of lions either (serious)- I am scared of lots of things but animals, no. Maybe a bull elephant charging and a black rhino.
That is nice. Not being scared isn't the same as not being mauled.

Chris, here is the movie.... thx...

eta- ONLY Kevin and ONE other man interacts with all Kevin's lions and hyenas.

I have to admit that I didn't watch the whole thing. This is all very well and good, but it does not negate the point that wild animals are unpredictable, and yes, they can and do kill people, even accidentally. Then, guess who pays the price? The animal. Normally, the animal is euthanized after it kills a person. Wild animals have their place, and it is not as being "buddies" with human beings. They are unpredictable wild animals and are VERY strong (even the smallest ones) because they have to be to survive. Weak animals don't survive very long, neither do ones that trust people.

That lion whisperer is fascinating but I have a feeling he isn't going to die of old age. Many people have gone down this road with chimps, bears and everything else. All it takes is something that triggers an instinct and it's game over.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

I agree completely with the title of this thread. "Pit bulls are safe around children!" I have never heard of a single time when a pit bull was mauled and killed by a pack or children, so they are perfectly safe. However, the children very often aren't as lucky.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

I agree completely with the title of this thread. "Pit bulls are safe around children!" I have never heard of a single time when a pit bull was mauled and killed by a pack or children, so they are perfectly safe. However, the children very often aren't as lucky.

Right, it's a bad idea to leave any small child around any animal, IMO. Accidents can happen too. I think I already told the story here in this thread about the little toddler who was playing in the yard with a tied dog, when the dog's leash somehow got wrapped around the child's neck, and the child was strangled to death. :(

Forum List

Back