Pit bulls are safe around children!

Cesar millan took some of Vicks dogs.
I didn't know, thanks. I watched a show on rescuing Vick's dogs. That was part of his fine, I think 2 million. One dog looked like a dead ringer for mine, fortunately she was savable. One was put down, to far gone.

One was small and very timid. They used it as the bait dog and had it tied up in a corner so to encourage the other Pits to attack, starting small and working their way up. It literally crawled around on leash everywhere and wouldn't stand up near anyone or another dog.

I didn't know, thanks. I watched a show on rescuing Vick's dogs. That was part of his fine, I think 2 million. One dog looked like a dead ringer for mine, fortunately she was savable. One was put down, to far gone.

One was small and very timid. They used it as the bait dog and had it tied up in a corner so to encourage the other Pits to attack, starting small and working their way up. It literally crawled around on leash everywhere and wouldn't stand up near anyone or another dog.

that kind of stuff just makes me sick.
Pitbulls are wonderful loyal dogs...at one time they were called nanny dogs. Like someone else said, breeding for the wrong reasons and greed changed all that.
Some are unbelievably sweet as can be some arent. The vet I worked for use to say "I dont mean to be a breedist but..."
its just smart to use a a healthy dose of caution around any unfamiliar dog.

Pitbulls are not wonderful nor loyal. They are bred to be stupid, resistant to pain, and aggressive.

that kind of stuff just makes me sick.
Pitbulls are wonderful loyal dogs...at one time they were called nanny dogs. Like someone else said, breeding for the wrong reasons and greed changed all that.
Some are unbelievably sweet as can be some arent. The vet I worked for use to say "I dont mean to be a breedist but..."
its just smart to use a a healthy dose of caution around any unfamiliar dog.
They're America's dog. Like any powerful animal, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Ours came from a fighting line...he's smart, kind, loving and loyal. He's shared a house with a bunny and lots of kids. We don't set him up for failure, we cultivated his trust and a calm demeanor...and in return, he's trustworthy.He's nine or so now, I have zero concern of him ever biting a kid.

Pitbulls are not wonderful nor loyal. They are bred to be stupid, resistant to pain, and aggressive.
Nonsense, lol. They can have a bit of terrier prey drive going, but not as strong as you'll find in your everyday jack Russell terrier.

I saw that!!!
My son had Snoop from a pup...I inherited him when they moved and couldn't find a rental that would let them have him. It broke the heart of their little family but we're family too, and Snoops had a good life with us. He's a low energy dog who is easy to control and loves kids and is good with other dogs.

And we moved in next door to a young family who also have an older male PitBull....raised with their little girl. He's a treasure, too.

I saw that!!!
My son had Snoop from a pup...I inherited him when they moved and couldn't find a rental that would let them have him. It broke the heart of their little family but we're family too, and Snoops had a good life with us. He's a low energy dog who is easy to control and loves kids and is good with other dogs.

Did you ever see Pitbulls and Paroles? Some people are really good with this breed. I love the care they take in finding the right homes.

]I asked for the link you quoted from and you took a shit, as usual. It shouldn't have even needed to be asked, it's common sense.

Like I said, one of my dogs is an AmStaff and also like I said I meet many at the dog park so I prefer my real life experience to your theories. Some of the pdf makes no sense at all. For example, why would the dogs be bred to show no sign of aggression but also be trained to immediately go for the kill once in a ring? I've seen no such behavior after meeting maybe a hundred Pits.

Also many people call a lot of dogs "Pit Bulls" if they are muscular with rounded heads but ANY dog that is to aggressive to be trained needs to be put down

Here are some facts :

Pit Bull Myths - Debunked - American Pit Bull Foundation
MYTH: All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.
It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better — compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

MYTH: Aggression towards other animals means people are next.
“Many working breeds have antipathy towards other animals – coonhounds go mad at the sight of a raccoon, foxhounds will not hesitate to tear a dog-like fox to shreds, greyhounds live to chase and maul rabbits and even dog-like coyotes. Even the ever-friendly beagle will slaughter a rabbit, given the chance.

And yet the greyhound, coon and foxhound and beagle are among the friendliest of breeds towards humans. And it is the same with the pit bulldog. His work through the years has been control of other animals – never humans. A correct pit bull is more often than not submissive toward all humans, and adores children.

A pit bull that snarls, lunges or growls at non-threatening humans is NOT typical of the breed.” (Written by Diane Jessup)

Pit bulls that do show aggressive behavior towards humans are not typical of the breed and should be humanely euthanized.

False narrative...

No one said "All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious"

The FACTS are any dog can bite a human...BUT...when it is a pit bull, it is not a "bite"...it is a vicious attack.

You can ignore the FACTS...

• One person is killed by a pit bull every 14 days
  • One body part is severed and lost every 5.4 days as a result of pit bull attacks
  • 2 persons are injured by pit bulls every day
You should go with your emotions and anecdotal evidence...it IS who and what you are...

Nonsense, lol. They can have a bit of terrier prey drive going, but not as strong as you'll find in your everyday jack Russell terrier.

Ive been the potential prey for both.
If I had to choose...it will always be Jack Russell :laugh:

]I asked for the link you quoted from and you took a shit, as usual. It shouldn't have even needed to be asked, it's common sense.

Like I said, one of my dogs is an AmStaff and also like I said I meet many at the dog park so I prefer my real life experience to your theories. Some of the pdf makes no sense at all. For example, why would the dogs be bred to show no sign of aggression but also be trained to immediately go for the kill once in a ring? I've seen no such behavior after meeting maybe a hundred Pits.

Also many people call a lot of dogs "Pit Bulls" if they are muscular with rounded heads but ANY dog that is to aggressive to be trained needs to be put down

Here are some facts :

Pit Bull Myths - Debunked - American Pit Bull Foundation
MYTH: All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.
It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better — compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

MYTH: Aggression towards other animals means people are next.
“Many working breeds have antipathy towards other animals – coonhounds go mad at the sight of a raccoon, foxhounds will not hesitate to tear a dog-like fox to shreds, greyhounds live to chase and maul rabbits and even dog-like coyotes. Even the ever-friendly beagle will slaughter a rabbit, given the chance.

And yet the greyhound, coon and foxhound and beagle are among the friendliest of breeds towards humans. And it is the same with the pit bulldog. His work through the years has been control of other animals – never humans. A correct pit bull is more often than not submissive toward all humans, and adores children.

A pit bull that snarls, lunges or growls at non-threatening humans is NOT typical of the breed.” (Written by Diane Jessup)

Pit bulls that do show aggressive behavior towards humans are not typical of the breed and should be humanely euthanized.

False narrative...

No one said "All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious"

The FACTS are any dog can bite a human...BUT...when it is a pit bull, it is not a "bite"...it is a vicious attack.

You can ignore the FACTS...

• One person is killed by a pit bull every 14 days
  • One body part is severed and lost every 5.4 days as a result of pit bull attacks
  • 2 persons are injured by pit bulls every day
You should go with your emotions and anecdotal evidence...it IS who and what you are...

You sound unhinged, as of course we all know you are. Meanwhile the press is "identifying" dogs as pits....when they are mongrels of uncertain heritage.

Ive been the potential prey for both.
If I had to choose...it will always be Jack Russell :laugh:
Our other dog:
FB_20150913_09_59_03_Saved_Picture.jpg

I don't let Snoop hang out in back with Mylo because she'll teach him to hunt.

Breed bans are stupid. Especially when it's not a breed but a type. Get rid of pit bulls and another breed will take it's place.

American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier. Let's go with those. They are breeds recognized by the AKC.

Forum List

Back