Pit bulls are safe around children!

• Pit bulls attack indiscriminately
  • Nonsense. They attack because they were raised to be bad asses. They are loving by nature. It's a human problem, not a dog problem. Just like with guns.

No. Story after story we hear about dogs that were not raised to fight attacking their own owners and people around them. The percentage of dogs trained to fight is relatively small.

Cesar millan took some of Vicks dogs.
I didn't know, thanks. I watched a show on rescuing Vick's dogs. That was part of his fine, I think 2 million. One dog looked like a dead ringer for mine, fortunately she was savable. One was put down, to far gone.

One was small and very timid. They used it as the bait dog and had it tied up in a corner so to encourage the other Pits to attack, starting small and working their way up. It literally crawled around on leash everywhere and wouldn't stand up near anyone or another dog.

that kind of stuff just makes me sick.
Pitbulls are wonderful loyal dogs...at one time they were called nanny dogs. Like someone else said, breeding for the wrong reasons and greed changed all that.
Some are unbelievably sweet as can be some arent. The vet I worked for use to say "I dont mean to be a breedist but..."
its just smart to use a a healthy dose of caution around any unfamiliar dog.
They're America's dog. Like any powerful animal, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Ours came from a fighting line...he's smart, kind, loving and loyal. He's shared a house with a bunny and lots of kids. We don't set him up for failure, we cultivated his trust and a calm demeanor...and in return, he's trustworthy.He's nine or so now, I have zero concern of him ever biting a kid.

Apparently they are in the wrong hands a lot. Breed 'em out of existence. if your dog isn't fixed you're a dick. If your dog isn't fixed and it's a Pit Bull, you belong in jail.

• Nonsense. They attack because they were raised to be bad asses. They are loving by nature. It's a human problem, not a dog problem. Just like with guns.

No. Story after story we hear about dogs that were not raised to fight attacking their own owners and people around them. The percentage of dogs trained to fight is relatively small.
Dogs have the potential to maim and kill. Breed bans won't change that. There is always another breed ready to step into the void. Educate people, educate kids. And shoot dogs that run in packs...another good reason to pack.

I didn't know, thanks. I watched a show on rescuing Vick's dogs. That was part of his fine, I think 2 million. One dog looked like a dead ringer for mine, fortunately she was savable. One was put down, to far gone.

One was small and very timid. They used it as the bait dog and had it tied up in a corner so to encourage the other Pits to attack, starting small and working their way up. It literally crawled around on leash everywhere and wouldn't stand up near anyone or another dog.

Pitbulls are wonderful loyal dogs...at one time they were called nanny dogs. Like someone else said, breeding for the wrong reasons and greed changed all that.
Some are unbelievably sweet as can be some arent. The vet I worked for use to say "I dont mean to be a breedist but..."
They're America's dog. Like any powerful animal, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Ours came from a fighting line...he's smart, kind, loving and loyal. He's shared a house with a bunny and lots of kids. We don't set him up for failure, we cultivated his trust and a calm demeanor...and in return, he's trustworthy.He's nine or so now, I have zero concern of him ever biting a kid.

Apparently they are in the wrong hands a lot. Breed 'em out of existence. if your dog isn't fixed you're a dick. If your dog isn't fixed and it's a Pit Bull, you belong in jail.
Wow you're really scared of dogs. Do you think everybody who is less fearful than you should be imprisoned???

Dogs have the potential to maim and kill. Breed bans won't change that. There is always another breed ready to step into the void. Educate people, educate kids. And shoot dogs that run in packs...another good reason to pack.

if you live somewhere with a breed ban then it probably works great.

Wow you're really scared of dogs. Do you think everybody who is less fearful than you should be imprisoned???

I love dogs. Pit Bulls are dangerous. While you claim they are some unspecific breed of dog that for whatever reason nobody knows what they look like, every study where the dog was positively identified Pit Bulls are a huge culprit. Especially when they kill, usually the dog was captured and put down. Sad way to go for the victim and the perp. Much better to sterilize your dog so it's offspring at least are not someone else's problem.

Where I grew up and lived a very large portion of my life, if you saw a loose dog or dogs running you are OBLIGATED to shoot them if you can. If you can't you are obliged to notify the sheriff and the owner if you know who it is. No reprieves. Dogs that run are killed. Subsequently, we don't have much problem with dogs attacking randompreachers.

That makes exactly zero sense. It doesn't matter what breed.

Why bother curing cancer when Heart disease is around?

That makes exactly zero sense. It doesn't matter what breed.

if you live in an apartment complex that has a breed ban, chances are you live near very few Pit Bulls.

I love dogs. Pit Bulls are dangerous. While you claim they are some unspecific breed of dog that for whatever reason nobody knows what they look like, every study where the dog was positively identified Pit Bulls are a huge culprit. Especially when they kill, usually the dog was captured and put down. Sad way to go for the victim and the perp. Much better to sterilize your dog so it's offspring at least are not someone else's problem.
You haven't read any real studies. You base your hysteria on nonsense compiled by interest groups and reporters.

Wtf

You haven't read any real studies. You base your hysteria on nonsense compiled by interest groups and reporters.

Instead of just saying that. You should find something that actually counters those studies.

Wtf

Wtf

WTF indeed, you want to go target practice on stray dogs. And you claim I'm afraid of them? Please.

Wtf

Wtf

WTF indeed, you want to go target practice on stray dogs. And you claim I'm afraid of them? Please.
wow you truly are too stupid for this convo.

Instead of just saying that. You should find something that actually counters those studies.
You haven't cited any studies, idiot.

Wtf

Wtf

wow you truly are too stupid for this convo.

Did you not just introduce your own perverse version of dog control? Shoot them if they are in groups. Jesus, lady, that's fucking sick.

You haven't cited any studies, idiot.

They've been cited throughout this thread. Why don't you take two fucking seconds and check them out.

Forum List

Back