Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Again, why should she assume that the parents will handle it wrong? That's playing to the lowest common denominator. MOST parents are not a danger to their children. Also a few states that require parent notification is just that they are seeking an abortion but can not prevent the girl from having one.

I think the fact that the law would even need to intervene to mandate that a young woman inform her parents speaks volumes. If she wouldn't have simply told them voluntarily, that's a strong indication of what their reaction might be.

There's also the fact that they are competent and can provide informed consent to medical treatment.

I think the fact that the law would even need to intervene to mandate that a young woman inform her parents speaks volumes.

bullshit it does...but your belief in this sure does..

If she wouldn't have simply told them voluntarily, that's a strong indication of what their reaction might be.

a what are you
that reaction to be ?

There's also the fact that they are competent and can provide informed consent to medical treatment

who can a child ?

Since there was no 31 year old man all that is hypothetical but you did make me think of something that I did not consider before. An older man sexually involved with an underage girl could very well coerce her into an abortion she didn't really want.
Still, I think that nurse considered that as well, went on her instincts as to whether this "girl" was exhibiting signs that had been threatened or coerced, and did what she thought was in the best interest of the girl. Since the girl was no girl, just an actor, the nurse really got it all wrong and was duped to an extent she did not even imagine.
I don't suppose she'll ever fully trust a patient again.
She only acted in the way that she thought would best preserve the chance for the girl to get an abortion if that was her choice. Getting the police when the "girl" did not want that might have made the fictional girl deny even being pregnant. That would lead to an even worse situation.

What point do we cut it off? 11, 9, heck I know some very 'grown up' 9 yr olds. Why not let them decide what's best for themselves?

The law says 18 is when I'm no longer responsible or financially liable for their actions. If I'm responsible for their actions, I get the right to know what my child is doing. Just to get their DL they have to get my OK, I see this as no different.

I don't care if she knew for a fact that she wasn't being coerced, she's required by law to report it. It's that simple.

who can a child ?

I don't know what your quote was supposed to be, but young adolescents ("children" are not reproductive) can provide informed consent to medical treatment, as evidenced by the numerous studies that I have posted in this thread that have continued to be ignored by those taking the opposing viewpoint.

What point do we cut it off? 11, 9, heck I know some very 'grown up' 9 yr olds. Why not let them decide what's best for themselves?

The law says 18 is when I'm no longer responsible or financially liable for their actions. If I'm responsible for their actions, I get the right to know what my child is doing. Just to get their DL they have to get my OK, I see this as no different.

I don't care if she knew for a fact that she wasn't being coerced, she's required by law to report it. It's that simple.

Angel heart, you clearly have no heart and I don't know why you think you're an angel.

That has already been addressed in my initial post discussing the topic by noting that the nature of the relationship between an underage "adolescent" and a parent or guardian is one based on forced dependency, due to legal restrictions on adolescents seeking viable forms of employment that could sustain them and signing legal contracts and owning property.

I don't know what your quote was supposed to be, but young adolescents ("children" are not reproductive)

\
so to you a child of 9 ,,is a young woman capable of consent ?..so are you a member of mamble or what ?

can provide informed consent to medical treatment, as evidenced by the numerous studies that I have posted in this thread that have continued to be ignored by those taking the opposing viewpoint

killing a baby is not medical treatment for one..

Last edited:
so is breast enhancement should a 9 yr old girl be able to drop in and get that done under her own consent as well ?

When did this revert to a 9 year old girl? We were discussing young women of reproductive age, and the one of the studies that I posted clearly illustrated that 9 year olds did not possess decision making abilities on par with those of adults, unlike adolescents.

By the same token, Weithorn and Campbell's study also illustrated that 9 year olds were not devoid of decision making capacities altogether, so I suppose that such cases would have to be determined on an individual basis, to analyze whether or not specific 9 year olds possessed the capacity to consent to medical procedures.

Angel heart, you clearly have no heart and I don't know why you think you're an angel.

is there anyone you won't attack Ang?

You say that I've attacked Amanda when the reality is she asked a question, I answered it and then because she didn't like the answer she pulled the pity me card and you and Agna jumped to her defense. She's a smart girl...if she can't handle the debate then there is not much I can do except put her on ignore which I don't plan on doing because she does provide great insight and thoughtful posts.

The debate is whether a 13 year old should be allowed to make the decision of aborting without parental consent.... I say it depends. She should have SOME adult guidance, from an outside source other than the clinic, helping her through what will surely be a difficult decision no matter which choice she makes.

now should the nurse have been clear that she HAD to report that the baby's father was 31, yes I believe so...she also shouldn't have advised this "girl" how to obtain an abortion outside the letter of the law. She did a disservice to the brave providers who work tirelessly to uphold a woman's right to choice by giving the Right to Life organization ammo to discredit PP.

Last edited:
if it doesn't shock or offended..there is something wrong for you and it is indeed a desperate attempt to garnish attention ....to reality

If you think it shocks or offends , yet you post it, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

I've seen far worse than that photo and I've never even been in a war.

is there anyone you won't attack Ang?

You say that I've attacked Amanda when the reality is she asked a question, I answered it and then because she didn't like the answer she pulled the pity me card and you and Agna jumped to her defense. She's a smart girl...if she can't handle the debate then there is not much I can do except put her on ignore which I don't plan on doing because she does provide great insight and thoughtful posts.

The debate is whether a 13 year old should be allowed to make the decision of aborting without parental consent.... I say it depends. She should have SOME adult guidance, from an outside source other than the clinic, helping her through what will surely be a difficult decision no matter which choice she makes.

now should the nurse have been clear that she HAD to report that the baby's father was 31, yes I believe so...she also shouldn't have advised this "girl" how to obtain an abortion outside the letter of the law. She did a disservice to the brave providers who work tirelessly to uphold a woman's right to choice by giving the Right to Life organization ammo to discredit PP.

Go back and read your posts. You went psycho bitch on her.

When did this revert to a 9 year old girl? We were discussing young women of reproductive age, and the one of the studies that I posted clearly illustrated that 9 year olds did not possess decision making abilities on par with those of adults, unlike adolescents.

By the same token, Weithorn and Campbell's study also illustrated that 9 year olds were not devoid of decision making capacities altogether, so I suppose that such cases would have to be determined on an individual basis, to analyze whether or not specific 9 year olds possessed the capacity to consent to medical procedures.

I started my period just before my 10th birthday. I was 9 yrs old. So yeah it's about 9 yr olds. You do belong to the 'if it bleeds it breed' crowd, you just try to put a different mask on it.

Then it is a body... Then wouldn't it be a HUMAN body or is it another animal? Or is it still just a blob of cells?

What are you blabbering on about? What is that photo of? For all I know it's a piece of plastic.

Forum List

Back