Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Sorry about your unhappy childhood but has it ever occurred to you that maybe your daughter "Yes, ma'ams" you because that's her best option?

WHOA!!!!!

Amanda did what!!

BTW Where is that respect again?

:eek: OMG I had totally missed that. :(

I don't exactly agree that being capable of reproduction makes one an adult, but to not deal with the reality of it doesn't work either as we see by looking around at all the teen pregnancy and STDs.

The thing I've been trying to say, and failing at, is that kids are dealing with 2 opposing forces: what their parents & society want and what their bodies are telling them. To act like enforcing societies norms is the answer isn't practical. Clearly it doesn't work, so isn't a new way of looking at it in order?

Seriously, I appreciate the parental perspective, probably better than you guys realize, but I can see it's not working too. I'd really like to move past the "because I say so" reasoning and talk in practical terms about what you think would help.

I don't think I could offer you anything more than simplistic common sense advice. It's hard to resist the urge to merge at any age. Sometimes resistance is best and sometimes it isn't. Go with your instincts and be prepared. I'm sure you probably already know what you would do if you became accidentally pregnant and if not, think about it and act accordingly. The things you learn as a teen, the heartbreak and the joy you experience will make your experiences as an older person even richer.
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, the post says.
But I will tell you the bush keeps blooming a long time so don't rush into any long term commitments, either to a guy or a baby or both, if it doesn't feel absolutely right.
I hope you have a best friend or two.

Ladies, I think we ALL agree that the best interest of the child is paramount. Sometimes the expression of our own personal perspectives only serve to cloud the underlying dilemma. It is an extremely complex issue and we should not beat each other up over it! Generally speaking, I would like to see women be more supportive of each other, but I'll get off my soap box now! :tongue:

Anguille, to answer your question (again), no I do not think that having a minor child who becomes pregnant patently disqualifies parents from their rights and responsibilities. The reality is that it can happen to ANY parent.
Wise advice.

You don't understand what I was asking. But never mind.

:eek: OMG I had totally missed that. :(

I think Silence was experiencing that impulse control she warned you about. ;)

Amanda, I might be wrong but I get the impression some people here are a little tiny bit bit envious of you with your intelligence and your whole life ahead of you. Please forgive them.When you grow up you will understand what it is to be frustrated. < that was TOTALLY tongue in cheek for anyone who doesn't know me.>:tongue:

Last edited:
I think Silence was experiencing that impulse control she warned you about. ;)

Amanda, I might be wrong but I get the impression some people here are a little tiny bit bit envious of you with your intelligence and your whole life ahead of you. Please forgive them. When you grow up you will understand what it is to be frustrated. < that was TOTALLY tongue in cheek for anyone who doesn't know me.>:tongue:

Silence's responses to me have made me kinda sad. I don't think she's hearing me and I don't know how to put the words together right. I don't know if I should keep trying or not. She doesn't seem to like me very much and I don't know what I did to make her mad.

I don't know why anyone would be envious of me. If I didn't have a spell checker built in on my browser you'd all think I was retarded... or maybe more retarded than you already do.

I hope I can do something special with my life. I wish I knew what it could be. I'm hoping that after I start going to school I'll get smarter and be able to figure out how I can make a difference in the world.

well we could make such a declaration ..but it would be a equally stupid one

I have provided evidence in the form of several studies to support my argument that even young adolescents can provide informed consent to medical treatment. On what evidence do you base your counterclaim?

Silence's responses to me have made me kinda sad. I don't think she's hearing me and I don't know how to put the words together right. I don't know if I should keep trying or not. She doesn't seem to like me very much and I don't know what I did to make her mad.

I don't know why anyone would be envious of me. If I didn't have a spell checker built in on my browser you'd all think I was retarded... or maybe more retarded than you already do.

I hope I can do something special with my life. I wish I knew what it could be. I'm hoping that after I start going to school I'll get smarter and be able to figure out how I can make a difference in the world.

Maybe it's not envy at all. Go back and re-read Silence's post about parenting.

What I understand Silence to say, is that anyone who has had a normal parenting experience ought to appreciate that. Not everyone has that circumstance in life.

Silence appreciates that you have had that. We all have different kinds of fortune.

That you may have had good parenting may seem like great fortune, and on a relative level, it is.

Silence has the 'great fortune' to have suffered. It's not great to suffer per se, but it does make a person really have to dig down and find the strength to go on. Sometimes that ends up being a tremendous blessing. Often, sadly, it does not, and the person succumbs to the suffering.

I'm happy for you that you are a young person, and that you do think deeply and consider things--including how you feel about life. If you know what your motivation is, you education and career path will open up easily to you.

I wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a ridiculous statement on its face that I can only assume (and hope) you have no kids. It shows a stunning lack of touch with reality.

I do not have children, no. But if my daughter became pregnant, and had an abortion without my knowledge, I would be disappointed, but I would respect her decision.
Would I be angry with her? Of course not. It is her decision. I would be upset she chose not to involve me though. Why? Because she is my daughter and I love her, and would want to offer her support.
If your child has a termination behind your back, and the reason for that is she was too afraid to tell you she had made a mistake, what does that say about your parenting skills? Does it tell you that you have made your child believe you would be angry with them? Have you raised them to believe that they would not have a choice to abort if they involved you? If your child is too afraid to come to you over something so life changing, if she prefers to go it alone and not come to you for moral support, then that really says something about the way you have raised that child, and you should think about that before you condemn your daughter for going behind your back.

This has nothing to do with how I will treat my daughter if put in this situation. What I'm upset with is the out right disregard for the law and parents rights the nurse exhibited.

This has nothing to do with how I will treat my daughter if put in this situation. What I'm upset with is the out right disregard for the law and parents rights the nurse exhibited.

I would repeat my claim that there are often higher ethical standards than the law that must sometimes be adhered to.

A 13 yr old and a 31 yr old should not be having sex. If anyone in the medical, educational, etc etc finds out they report it. If a 13 yr old is found to be having sex, the parents must be notified. I don't care how 'grown up' they are. They are 13 and not able to make those choices. If it was her father, then go after him. If it was someone else, well you get the idea. This has to do with respecting the age and not some notion that it doesn't matter.

A 13 yr old and a 31 yr old should not be having sex. If anyone in the medical, educational, etc etc finds out they report it. If a 13 yr old is found to be having sex, the parents must be notified. I don't care how 'grown up' they are. They are 13 and not able to make those choices. If it was her father, then go after him. If it was someone else, well you get the idea. This has to do with respecting the age and not some notion that it doesn't matter.

Your claims are directly contradicted by the evidence that I posted that has still not been responded to. Do you possess any countering evidence?

I don't believe a 13 year old and a 31 year old should be having sex either, but that is just my personal opinion - but I do not believe that parents need to be notified, unless the child herself consents. I do not want to see kids forced to have babies because their parents refuse to allow them to have an abortion. That, to me, is the most horrific form of child abuse.

The problem with that, makkers, is that the nurse did this in violation of mandatory report laws. Any of us who work with teenagers know that if a teen tells us certain things, such as the fact that she has been sexually molested, we have to report this. By failing to do so, the nurse has totally buggered her career. And, I have to say I have little sympathy for her.

Silence's middle name is 'Condescension".
Since Silence claims we can only know what we directly experience, she should keep her mouth shut about what other's experience. She can't compare because she only knows what she knows. Which apparently ain't a whole lot.

you're being a total douche Ang. What is your problem? I don't agree with you OR Amanda that a 13 year old is able to make medical decision for herself and I don't agree that 13 year olds whould be free to explore their sexuality openly and without restriction. GET OVER IT! I'm gonna guess more people agree with ME than they do you two....not that that makes either of you wrong...just completely irresponsible apparently.

BOO FUCKING HOO!! you show your age just by this response. You are crying like a baby that I won't give in to your way of thinking. You're a CHILD. Not physically of course but mentally you certainly lack the maturity to grasp that not everyone sees the world as you do.

Should I pull all my posts directed at you praising your wisdom? care to explain the positive reps I've given you when you make a very good post?

I hope you enjoy the pity party you are throwing for yourself...I'm sure you'll have at least two guest, Ang and that idiot who thinks that once you start your period you're an adult.... :cuckoo:

I don't believe a 13 year old and a 31 year old should be having sex either, but that is just my personal opinion - but I do not believe that parents need to be notified, unless the child herself consents. I do not want to see kids forced to have babies because their parents refuse to allow them to have an abortion. That, to me, is the most horrific form of child abuse.

Back in the 60's, prior to Roe v. Wade, it was just the opposite. Young girls were shamed and forced to hide their pregnancy and subsequent forced abortion.

Horrific Indeed!

Do you really think it is prevalent in America for teenage girls to be forced to give birth? Can you site any examples? Since such force is considered by law to not be in the best interest of the child anyway, why are you so willing to have a young girl trust the influence of complete strangers over her own family and private physician? As evidenced by this particular nurse, we are reminded that individual practitioners are only human and they don't always make the right decisions. And beyond the significance of any past social history, not knowing the girl's past medical history, actually puts her life at risk.

Last edited:
Sorry about your unhappy childhood but has it ever occurred to you that maybe your daughter "Yes, ma'ams" you because that's her best option?

who the fuck said my daughter yes ma'ms me? are you insinutating that I ABUSE MY CHILD!?

you're really pissing me off Ang. My daughter and I show a MUTUAL respect for each other and she listens to me because I listen to HER! I don't treat her like an idiot but I also don't treat her like my pal. Perhaps you should recommend that to your sister before her daughters turn into complete cum buckets before they turn 18. :evil:

lol, this thread is really crazy...maybe if you didn't make such nasty accusations you wouldn't get them thrown back at you.

Forum List

Back