Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

What direct quote? Please provide a link ... or crawl back into your cave, Gollum.

Originally Posted by Anguille
On a side note, I've read a few posts her that make me wonder if some of these parents even allow their kids to masturbate without parental consent. If they allow that at all...

Originally Posted by Anguille
On a side note, I've read a few posts her that make me wonder if some of these parents even allow their kids to masturbate without parental consent. If they allow that at all...

SO where is the part about equating it with aborton?

so what advice would you give ..what would you strongly encourage. ?.. if she delayed in telling you and was 12- 16 weeks would you show her what she may be terminating..view a ultra sound ? ..would you discuss the regret and psychological damage many woman suffer from abortion

I would give her the facts. I would let her know the side effocts of pregnancy, I would let her know about the possible side effects of abortion, and tell her that she must be 100% in her decision, because there would be no going back. I would not make her view her fetus on ultrasound unless she wished to see it for herself. I would not 'strongly' encourage her to do anything. The choice is entirely up to her. If need be, I would take her to a doctor so that they could speak with her and help her make a decision. Whatever decision she made, I would support.

The only time the lefties think kids should be responsible for themselves is when it comes to underaged sex.

They think it's okay and condone it. They do nothing to prevent it, and call us zealots when we do.

Typical.

wow.....more evidence that I'm not a leftie :clap2: esp since I've been repeatedly attacked by Amanda, Ang and Agna for saying kids shouldn't be having sex and certainly shouldn't be able to obtain an abortion without consent, either from a parent or responsible guardian.

Of course not, but I do worry that some parents may put their own religious beliefs ahead of their own daughters beliefs. I don't think that thought can be easily dismissed, as I am sure such parents exist.

ALL parents put their beliefs about what is best ahead of what their children believe is best. That's what they're there for. I consult my child on his happiness, not his wisdom, because if he HAD any wisdom to consult him on, he wouldn't need me.

Consider, for a moment, that my 13-year-old is deciding what to have for dinner. Now, HE thinks the best choice would be a combo meal from McDonald's. That would be spiffy, in his mind. My belief, on the other hand, is that he should have grilled chicken with some green veggies, cooked at home. Am I going to put my beliefs about what's best for him ahead of what HE believes is best for him? Hell, yes, and I'm not even going to ask him about it, because I already know he's 13, and neither knows nor cares about proper nutrition. It's MY JOB to override his opinion on the subject, for his own good. Any consultation I do with him is going to be whether he wants lemon pepper or barbecue sauce on the chicken, and whether he wants green beans or steamed zucchini for the veggie, not whether or not he wants to eat nutritious food at all.

You might want to consider also, in your blind, unreasoning fear and bigotry against religious people, that there are people in the world who view YOUR beliefs as every bit as frightening and bad for children as you view theirs.

You are aware that there have been cases (very rare) of a child as young as two going through puberty? Period, even pain? I have also read about a child of less than a year going through puberty, growing breasts, getting her period, even growing pubic hair! Her hormones were out of control which caused her body to go through puberty way too soon.

Is she, by your definition, a biological adult? I guess a two year old can consent to sex?

What age limit is there on a 'legal' child who can consent? Is six old enough or too young? How about four? Where do you draw the line?

Fortunately, the law and sane people who actually care about children as something other than prey don't give a rip about "biological adulthood", preferring to pay attention to mental and emotional maturity levels. God help us if we all become as suspiciously amoral on the subject as Agna.

I'm more moral and ethical than you could ever be on a wide range of subjects, this not the least of them. That is perhaps most illustratively indicated by your spectacular failure to address my response to your trolling.

I would never presume to know what is best for my daughter. I would ask her how she feels. If she was pregnant, it is important that I sit down with her and talk to her about how she is feeling, and what she wishes to do. I would do everything and anything I could to make sure that she makes the best decision. If she wanted to keep the baby, then I would respect that. It is not my choice, after all, and I would never, ever, make my own daughter have an abortion, or keep a baby unless she made that decision herself.

I feel like I have to point out, yet again, that you don't HAVE a daughter, if I remember correctly. I'm not trying to be dismissive here. This is a valid point. There are good reasons why parents roll their eyes and go, "Yeah, right" when children and the childless start making lofty, high-handed pronouncements about the best way to raise children: it's like my husband talking about how HE would react if HE were having PMS.

I can promise you that when you have children, unless you are an incredibly suck-ass, neglectful parent, you ARE going to presume to know what's best for your child, because you're going to HAVE to. You're going to be confronted with the reality of someone who is not an adult in a tiny body, but starts out as the mental and emotional equivalent of a bright German Shepherd, and only gradually and painfully slowly begins to acquire any semblance of wisdom and independence. They don't KNOW what's best for them, and deep down, they don't WANT to have to know. What they want, however much they bitch and complain, is for someone older and smarter to TELL them what's best, to cut through the confusion and fear and say, "This is how you handle it, and everything's going to be okay." This isn't just my opinion. Child psychologists and parenting experts will tell you the same.

I would give her the facts. I would let her know the side effocts of pregnancy, I would let her know about the possible side effects of abortion, and tell her that she must be 100% in her decision, because there would be no going back. I would not make her view her fetus on ultrasound unless she wished to see it for herself. I would not 'strongly' encourage her to do anything. The choice is entirely up to her. If need be, I would take her to a doctor so that they could speak with her and help her make a decision. Whatever decision she made, I would support.

And then you're going to have a hysterically frightened teenager on your hands.

I feel like I have to point out, yet again, that you don't HAVE a daughter, if I remember correctly. I'm not trying to be dismissive here. This is a valid point. There are good reasons why parents roll their eyes and go, "Yeah, right" when children and the childless start making lofty, high-handed pronouncements about the best way to raise children: it's like my husband talking about how HE would react if HE were having PMS.

The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance.

Forum List

Back