Please, if you are going to post in here, do everybody a favor

And at least do some research, not only on your topic, but on correct debate/discussion FORM.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to go into a discussion that has potential to be really interesting, and see 2 or 3 rejects doing nothing but trolling and spinning, while proclaiming their superiority.

Here's the truth..you can't win a debate purely by being an asshole. Just because people don't engage with you doesn't mean you've made a point. And just because you've derailed the thread doesn't mean you're a fabulous conversationalist. It just means you're disruptive and probably not worth talking to.

For starters:

"Two intellectually-honest tactics
There are two intellectually-honest debate tactics:

1. pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts
2. pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic
That’s it. Simple! The dishonest list is much longer."

Intellectually-honest and intellectually-dishonest debate tactics

Point out errors in facts or logic, and that's it. Don't pose stupid questions meant to make a point that only you can decipher. Don't post repeatedly how stupid your opponent is. Don't declare victory or present a long-winded rant as *fact*. You just look like an idiot, and you bore everybody to death.
When someone obsfucates, I put them on ignore.

Its why, though I'm left wing , I won't talk to far leftists. Obsfucation sucks.

I'm sorry, I have you on ignore, did you say something?

HAHAHAHA...in other words, me too.

Loserterians do a hell of a lot of it...You don't like being called on your idiocy and that is why you're whining.
Whom are you addressing?

The idiots that want to be treated seriously even through their belief system is idiocy.

Liberterians are a joke! No fucking way should we deregulate and allow more corporate screwing of our people.

This isn't the board for professional debate. Go find somewhere else to go! This board is great because you can attack, cuss and attack some more!
Only in an nation infected with progressive foolishness, would one who believes in fundamental individual liberties for all, be consider idiocy.

On the "dishonest list" is the Straw Man logical fallacy.

For example:
Lefties want more people to die at the hands of lunatics and criminals. That can be their only motivation.

koshergrl 'debate' example:

private reproductive choice in the first trimester has been repeatedly constitutionally reaffirmed with good reason = FACT

koshergrl 'debate' = pro-choice is pro-abortion
koshergrl 'debate' = pro-choice is evil
koshergrl 'debate' = rambling personal anecdote
koshergrl 'debate' = libtards are baby killers
koshergrl 'debate' = libtards champion abortion
koshergrl 'debate' = the poster who disagrees with me is wrong

Loserterians do a hell of a lot of it...You don't like being called on your idiocy and that is why you're whining.
And by the way, an excellent example of the personal insults, name calling and hyperbole to which I referred.

Go whine to mommy. Mother fucker! I spend most of my day in class taking college classes...I sure as fuck don't want to be professional here.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Are you "professional" at school?
A professional..what?

Are you enrolled in a vocabulary class?

For example:
Lefties want more people to die at the hands of lunatics and criminals. That can be their only motivation.
That's just an observation, it wasn't my argument. You morons present stuff like that as "EVIDENCE" and "Fact". I don't.

And by the way, an excellent example of the personal insults, name calling and hyperbole to which I referred.

Mac,

How can you expect to find ivory in a dog's mouth?

Go whine to mommy. Mother fucker! I spend most of my day in class taking college classes...I sure as fuck don't want to be professional here.
fafa7a7438e8315a7ab5d329beaa9727.jpg

Yikes.

Well, your age does make sense.

Yikes.

Well, your age does make sense.

Yeah Mac now you know what happens when you pull the string.... :eek:

Yikes. Well, your age does make sense..
Yeah Mac now you know what happens when you pull the string.... :eek:
I really need to keep track of how often I make a point and someone jumps right in to illustrate it for me.

And he appears to think I'm a Libertarian, no less.

koshergrl 'debate' example:

private reproductive choice in the first trimester has been repeatedly constitutionally reaffirmed with good reason = FACT

koshergrl 'debate' = pro-choice is pro-abortion
koshergrl 'debate' = pro-choice is evil
koshergrl 'debate' = rambling personal anecdote
koshergrl 'debate' = libtards are baby killers
koshergrl 'debate' = libtards champion abortion
koshergrl 'debate' = the poster who disagrees with me is wrong

"Redefining words: debater uses a word that helps him, but that does not apply, by redefining it to suit his purposes, like Leftists calling government spending “investment.” “Life” and “choice” are words that have been warped by abortion antagonists."

For example:
^ that

For example:

Besides which, it's not a strawman. You need to read up.

For example:
^ that

You loons have the definition before you and you still can't correctly identify fallacies.

For example:

Besides which, it's not a strawman. You need to read up.

It is a textbook straw man fallacy. You made an argument about the left which they have not advanced.

"Rules of debate
All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest. Generally, the federal rules of evidence of our courts attempt to make the argument or debate there intellectually honest. Roberts Rules of Order, which were written by my fellow West Point Graduate (Class of 1857) Henry Martyn Robert, are used to govern debate in many organization meetings. For example, one of Robert’s Rules, Number 43 says,

“It is not allowable to arraign the motives of a member, but the nature or consequences of a measure may be condemned in strong terms. It is not the man, but the measure, that is the subject of debate.”

Some debate organizations have rules like the Code of the Debater from the University of Virginia which says among other things:

“I will research my topic and know what I am talking about.

“I will be honest about my arguments and evidence and those of others.

The Federal Rules of Evidence are also excellent. Here is an excellent summary of them in the form of a Wikipedia list of objections to questions that lawyers can make in court. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List of_objections_(law) Some Federal Rules of Evidence are technical and therefore do not apply outside of a court room, like beyond the scope which refers to the fact that in a cross examination, you cannot ask a question that does not relate to the other lawyer’s questions of the same witness during his direct examination."

One thing you neglected to mention....

The penalty for violating these rules is DEATH.
That won't scare the Democrats...

They'll just keep voting anyway!!!

I just heard this thread won the coveted "Most Ironic" award. Congrats!

Forum List

Back