Please Remember the January 6 Political Prisoners and their Families This Christmas

they literally took videos of themselves, in the capital, attacking police and cheating things like "Hang Mike Pence" and posted it to their own social media.
They think that their beliefs make them above the law. The are called by a higher power than democratic laws.

On one hand, these are people who love their country, but who have been manipulated into believing fantasies. In a way, they're victims.

On the other hand, they have to be held legally accountable for what they have done. They are adults, responsible for their actions.

It's just a sad, shitty situation with no winners and no good answers.
I feel much like I do for victims of a pyramid scheme… I have some sympathy but at the end of the day it is their responsibility to not be an easy sucker.

I do say so. I look forward to all the complaining from you white people about your being persecuted.
You'll find out I'm right.

I bet you don't really mean that.

In the parade of humanities worst horribles I consider the Indian Schools to be right up there, maybe because I truly do love children and have dedicated my professional life to their teaching and care. The savages (intended) who ripped children from their families under the guise of "Christian" whatever inflicted true trauma that has impacted generations.

I'm not saying that's the kind of persecution you have in mind. But it's not something to "look forward to" for ANY child or family.

I feel much like I do for victims of a pyramid scheme… I have some sympathy but at the end of the day it is their responsibility to not be an easy sucker.

Anti-American. That's what it is. Really, no different from people who loved sodomy laws because sodomy is 'icky'. You love these political prisoners because they're the 'icky', so who cares?

The fact is that about 1/4 of these individuals have been sentenced, with most getting 45 days or less, for misdemeanors....The bulk of these people have been in DC jail for going on a year....This is a violation of their rights....Fact.
Yes, when you are attested, and can't pay bail, you sit in jail until your trial. That's how the systems works. The reason the sentences have been short in most cases is because the judge usually counts time spent in jail as part of the sentence. It's called "time served".

Anti-American. That's what it is. Really, no different from people who loved sodomy laws because sodomy is 'icky'. You love these political prisoners because they're the 'icky', so who cares?
I agree it’s anti-American and a clear insurrection so I think you misunderstood my post. I have some sympathy for idiots caught up in being an idiot but you have to pay for those decisions.

The fact is that about 1/4 of these individuals have been sentenced, with most getting 45 days or less, for misdemeanors....The bulk of these people have been in DC jail for going on a year....This is a violation of their rights....Fact.
They are legally unrelated. Of course now we are seeing them hit with multi-year sentences.

What did the one say? The far-right personality known as "Baked Alaska" tweeted that he can't believe he's "going to jail for an nft salesman."

I bet you don't really mean that.
You would be correct. It was written in anger after being called a racist, followed with being called 'chief' (a racist term). I don't want anyone to be treated they we have been and still are.
No one asked but the only kind of reparations I desire is what happened in Canada a while back.
Right before a comedy show was about to take place a voice came over the PA system and a man said "We would just like to acknowledge that we are on the land of indigenous people. The audience needs to take a moment and acknowledge it. And now the comedy show! That's it. It cost zero dollars, and only lasted for a few seconds.

Yes, when you are attested, and can't pay bail, you sit in jail until your trial. That's how the systems works. The reason the sentences have been short in most cases is because the judge usually counts time spent in jail as part of the sentence. It's called "time served".

Unless you're a BurnLootMurder rioter.

BTW, how does one get "attested"?

I agree it’s anti-American and a clear insurrection so I think you misunderstood my post. I have some sympathy for idiots caught up in being an idiot but you have to pay for those decisions.
At least the ones who got involved because thei dumb, and not because they acitvely wanted to overthrow the government, are getting lighter setences. The Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and other groups that were actively planning for violence are getting felony changes and several years in prison when they get onvicted.

Most of these idiots are getting misdemeanor charges with a time served. Those who couldn't afford bail, and spent time in jail before their trial are mostly getting a 40-90 days after their time spent in jail is accounted for.

Unless you're a BurnLootMurder rioter.

BTW, how does one get "attested"?

Actually there were plenty of BLM rioters who were arrested, and spent time in prison. You know what the difference is?,
The vast majority of BLM protesters were peaceful. A majority resorted rioting and looting, and were condemned by the leadership of the movement.

The 1/6 attack, on the other hand, was supported by Trump and his inner circle. The planners of the attack itself, such as the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, and other trash were planning on violence from the start, and dozens of them have been convicted on several felonies.
The BLM riots were a small group within a larger group who were condemned by the overall movement.
The 1/6 attack was supported by the vast majority of Trumpers, Trump himself, and most republicans.

At least the ones who got involved because thei dumb, and not because they acitvely wanted to overthrow the government, are getting lighter setences. The Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and other groups that were actively planning for violence are getting felony changes and several years in prison when they get onvicted.

Most of these idiots are getting misdemeanor charges with a time served. Those who couldn't afford bail, and spent time in jail before their trial are mostly getting a 40-90 days after their time spent in jail is accounted for.
According to Politico...

"That’s in part because many of those sentenced so far were only convicted of illegally entering the Capitol building, and were not involved in the more violent and destructive aspects related to storming the building. Only seven defendants have been sentenced for felony charges, as of late December.

Among those defendants who are being incarcerated, their stints in prison are often somewhat brief. The median prison sentence was 45 days, as of Jan. 1."

So, if most are getting misdemeanor charges, tell me why they must sit in jail for a year?

Forum List

Back