Please Remember the January 6 Political Prisoners and their Families This Christmas

I agree it’s anti-American and a clear insurrection so I think you misunderstood my post. I have some sympathy for idiots caught up in being an idiot but you have to pay for those decisions.

For "parading" in a public building--for a misdemeanor? No

If you believe in the process the J6 investigators used, and if you believe in the process used to imprison the protestors, then it's understandable why you would think you're qualified to judge what I consume as misinformation. That's what totalitarians do.
I wish you guys knew what totalitarianism actually was. I wish you guys knew what communism actually was. Instead, all I get is cartoonish, paranoid hyperbole like this.

Show me where the law has been broken, prove it, and I'll be with you. Just like the "rigged election" and Lake's Arizona lawsuit. Just prove something, and I'm in. Not fantasy. Not talk radio. Not Fox News. Reality.

I follow the law. I expect proof. That's what Americans do.

You would be correct. It was written in anger after being called a racist, followed with being called 'chief' (a racist term). I don't want anyone to be treated they we have been and still are.
No one asked but the only kind of reparations I desire is what happened in Canada a while back.
Right before a comedy show was about to take place a voice came over the PA system and a man said "We would just like to acknowledge that we are on the land of indigenous people. The audience needs to take a moment and acknowledge it. And now the comedy show! That's it. It cost zero dollars, and only lasted for a few seconds.

Because I really believe in freedom for every individual--I am not a fan of what people "need" to acknowledge, or of forced acknowledgment.

IMO Education is better, and I mean true education. "This is what happened. Did you know that?"

It's astounding how many people do not.

I wish you guys knew what totalitarianism actually was. I wish you guys knew what communism actually was. Instead, all I get is cartoonish, paranoid hyperbole like this.

Show me where the law has been broken, prove it, and I'll be with you. Just like the "rigged election" and Lake's Arizona lawsuit. Just prove something, and I'm in. Not fantasy. Not talk radio. Not Fox News. Reality.

I follow the law. I expect proof. That's what Americans do.
"WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Wednesday held top officials at the Washington, D.C., Department of Corrections in civil contempt, after ruling they violated the civil rights of a U.S. Capitol riot defendant by impeding his access to medical care."

IMO Education is better, and I mean true education. "This is what happened. Did you know that?"
I do that in my daily life quite often. Around here truth doesn't fly at all. Some people refuse to believe it.
I see nothing wrong with a simple acknowledgement that this land was taken from the Natives.
Whatever works.

Actually there were plenty of BLM rioters who were arrested, and spent time in prison. You know what the difference is?,
The vast majority of BLM protesters were peaceful. A majority resorted rioting and looting, and were condemned by the leadership of the movement.

The 1/6 attack, on the other hand, was supported by Trump and his inner circle. The planners of the attack itself, such as the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, and other trash were planning on violence from the start, and dozens of them have been convicted on several felonies.
The BLM riots were a small group within a larger group who were condemned by the overall movement.
The 1/6 attack was supported by the vast majority of Trumpers, Trump himself, and most republicans.

"Mostly peaceful rioters".

:abgg2q.jpg:

You need to unplug your direct TV-to-brain DNC talking point download cable and think with your own brain once in a while. I promise you, it won't hurt.

Well, maybe the first few minutes will be a little uncomfortable.

According to Politico...

"That’s in part because many of those sentenced so far were only convicted of illegally entering the Capitol building, and were not involved in the more violent and destructive aspects related to storming the building. Only seven defendants have been sentenced for felony charges, as of late December.

Among those defendants who are being incarcerated, their stints in prison are often somewhat brief. The median prison sentence was 45 days, as of Jan. 1."

So, if most are getting misdemeanor charges, tell me why they must sit in jail for a year?
Anyone involved in a crime is guilty of all additonal crimes committed while taking part in that ctime, even if they didn't directly committ them.

If you help break into someone's house, you are still guilty of burglary even if someone else steals something, but you didn't.

They knowingly when along with an obviously violent mob and so they are no better than they are.

"WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Wednesday held top officials at the Washington, D.C., Department of Corrections in civil contempt, after ruling they violated the civil rights of a U.S. Capitol riot defendant by impeding his access to medical care."

Good. Punish them. Punish anyone who helped them. Punish anyone who it is proved made them do it.

Anything else?

I do that in my daily life quite often. Around here truth doesn't fly at all. Some people refuse to believe it.
I see nothing wrong with a simple acknowledgement that this land was taken from the Natives.
Whatever works.
As was all land acquired in the pre modern world...

Whatever works.

I guess I didn't care for the term "needs". Reasonable, rational people will acknowledge it, but you can't make people be either of those things.

Anyone involved in a crime is guilty of all additonal crimes committed while taking part in that ctime, even if they didn't directly committ them.

If you help break into someone's house, you are still guilty of burglary even if someone else steals something, but you didn't.

They knowingly when along with an obviously violent mob and so they are no better than they are.
The Sixth Amendment guarantees the rights of criminal defendants, including the right to a public trial without unnecessary delay, the right to a lawyer, the right to an impartial jury, and the right to know who your accusers are and the nature of the charges and evidence against you.

These peoples rights are being violated, and you don't get to decide that they must just languish in jail because you don't like them...

In the name of the Lord, where is the crime for most of these people? If enough Democrats of goodwill and faith write to their congressman that these are still your countrymen, they will release them.

jan-6-jon-mcnaughton-artist-please-credit.jpg

The OP spelled DOMESTIC TERRORISTS wrong.

Also, do you call non-white people.....people with brown skin for example, "political prisoners"

The Sixth Amendment guarantees the rights of criminal defendants, including the right to a public trial without unnecessary delay, the right to a lawyer, the right to an impartial jury, and the right to know who your accusers are and the nature of the charges and evidence against you.

These peoples rights are being violated, and you don't get to decide that they must just languish in jail because you don't like them...
Do you know how many people sit in jail for years before trial, due to the court system being backed up and they can't affod bail? This is something new, and it doesn't violate anyone's rights since the ability of the court to schedule trials and hearings is considered necessry. You can't claim that youre rights were violated becase the court had to wait until they had room in their schedule before they could try you.

What will you do when it happens to you?
lol....What can I do? I'm a 60 year old Truck driver....Although it seems unlikely that today a similar event would occur....What is more likely is that an invasion at our border will take place, aided by a traitorous President that refuses to protect the United States...Hmmmm...

Forum List

Back