Plumes of oil spreading east on sea floor

"Researchers at the University of South Florida have concluded that oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill may have settled to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico further east than previously suspected -- and at levels toxic to marine life. Initial findings from a new survey of the Gulf conclude that dispersants may have sent droplets of crude to the ocean floor, where it has turned up at the bottom of an undersea canyon within 40 miles of the Florida Panhandle"

When you actually bother to read the article there are more "mays" in it that at a calendar company

Moral of the story: don't swim on the sea bottom, it MAY not be good for you

gawd your an idiot....what is on the sea bottom....plant life...sea life...the food chain...

continue to think the oil just went away...

you are the ass that needs to be smacked.

Still defending "DRILL BABY DRILL!"

Now Jim, you know we don't have time to think about plant life, sea life, etc.. We have to get this mosque problem solved before anything else! :razz:

Please stop bringing up the oil issues, it's all just natural and will take care of itself.

you have to have faith.....if the scientist say the plumes may be there....you have to believe them....

Hmmm science or oil companies that stand to lose a shitload more money if its still there?

I pick science

science said it was all gone....now science says it may be hiding.....i think science makes up shit sometimes....i remeber when they told me the earth was flat...eggs were bad...smoking was good ....hell i remember when my doctor smoked.....

lets send a sub down there and find this plume and then we can deal with it....or not....

"Researchers at the University of South Florida have concluded that oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill may have settled to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico further east than previously suspected -- and at levels toxic to marine life. Initial findings from a new survey of the Gulf conclude that dispersants may have sent droplets of crude to the ocean floor, where it has turned up at the bottom of an undersea canyon within 40 miles of the Florida Panhandle"

When you actually bother to read the article there are more "mays" in it that at a calendar company

Their conclusion doesn't sound very conclusive.

You really dont understand how sceince works do you?

It is the BEST information of the time.

Not listening to sceince because at one point the best information at the time wasnt enough to get it right is dooming yourself to the NEXT BEST information at the time.

That is REAL stupidity

Not listening to sceince because at one point the best information at the time wasnt enough to get it right is dooming yourself to the NEXT BEST information at the time.

That is REAL stupidity

When "Scientists" make a statement with more mays than in a calendar company I get suspicious. When they're talking about something can take a picture of, but don't include the pic, I get really suspicious.

There's far more evidence that Plesiosaurs still survive than there is for the dreaded oil plume

loch_ness_3_lg.jpg

loch-ness-monster-caught.jpg

Most Popular Cryptozoology Video Clips

That is REAL stupidity

i understand that science makes guess based on observations and assumptions....

at the moment they don't believe all the oil is gone and that it must be somewhere so they conclude there is a giant plume on the sea bed....

at the moment they have no proof....

yet you believe there is this giant blob on the sea floor moving towards florida....

ok....call me when they find it....

That is REAL stupidity

i understand that science makes guess based on observations and assumptions....

at the moment they don't believe all the oil is gone and that it must be somewhere so they conclude there is a giant plume on the sea bed....

at the moment they have no proof....

yet you believe there is this giant blob on the sea floor moving towards florida....

ok....call me when they find it....
Gulf Of Mexico: Fury Over Report By US Govt Scientists Claiming 75% Of Oil From BP Rig Has Gone | World News | Sky News

Gulf Coast residents and business owners have reacted with alarm to claims that around 75% of the oil that leaked from the BP Deepwater Horizon rig has gone.

Patrick Hue is a fisherman in the town of Buras, south of New Orleans. Nearly 50 years old, his dark tan and taut frame are evidence of a life spent at sea catching plump shrimps that are world renowned.
He says the oil is still there and he will take you out onto the Gulf to prove it.
Circling his boat in the shallows off Buras, the outboard motor churns the muddy water and oil soon floats to the surface - the sheen glistening in the unforgiving sun.

Dragging his hand through the mixture he holds up his palm and a black smear of crude emerges. "Evidently somebody is not doing their job right to be honest with you," he declares.

BP Oil Spill Gulf Of Mexico: Scientists Study Slick Impact On Water And Wildlife | World News | Sky News

On a plane ride over Barataria Bay off Louisiana, oil is still evident on the surface of the water.
Pilot Dr Bonny Schumaker, a Nasa scientist who runs the charity On Wings Of Care, has made more than 50 flights over the Gulf since the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded in April.
As she spotted the tell-tale sheen from the cockpit of her Cessna plane, she told Sky News: "I would just say when sugar dissolves in tea, does that render it harmless to diabetics? No."

"I would just say when sugar dissolves in tea, does that render it harmless to diabetics? No."

My thoughts on the dispersants used for the spill.
I suspect it worsened the impact not lessened it in the long run.

speak up, frank, i don't think he heard...

13-red-snapper-665.jpg

gawd your an idiot....what is on the sea bottom....plant life...sea life...the food chain...

The Tree-huggers should have let us drill in Anwar.

The Tree-huggers should have let us drill in Anwar.

Hey there are many other places with oil not drilled yet.
Alaska got sued by Exxon for re letting leases that exxon had been setting on for over a decade with no action.

I have been all for offshore drilling off the FL coast.
The huggers have been the best friend of the republicans in FL for years.
Remember Jeb banning drilling off the FL coast and Brudder backing him up?

Why defend it?

The Obama Administration is already opening drilling leases in the gulf

I think Anwar is a target now just so the oil companies can lock in a bargain basement lease price before the price of oil goes up.

I think Anwar is a target now just so the oil companies can lock in a bargain basement lease price before the price of oil goes up.

Yeah, once the Israelis bomb the shit out of Iran, oil prices are gonna rise more than a tad.

:eusa_hand:

Nice of them to wait until the summer vacation season is over.:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back