police arrest,assault family for refusing to open home for stakeout.

It just amazes me. When I was a kid you were taught to trust the police. How in the hell can you do that when shit like this happens?
I guess the brain washing didnt take. Because I dont trust em for shit.

It just amazes me. When I was a kid you were taught to trust the police. How in the hell can you do that when shit like this happens?
I guess the brain washing didnt take. Because I dont trust em for shit.

The main issue is the militarization of the police forces in this country, coupled by the belief among most urban politicans that only the police as government agents should have the right to be armed.

We are re-creating a new upper class of knights, who posses the right of force, and feel the right to lord over the "lower classes"

Note this is not really occuring in rural areas that follow a more traditional sherriff system. Note that 2nd amendment support from smaller law enforcement organizations is near universal.

Wonder why they waited two years ?

It is not unusual, and in fact very usual, for negotiations to take two years or more. As the statute of limitations approaches the plaintiff has to file the lawsuit or lose the capacity to bring the action at all. You are just hearing about the lawsuit being filed, but not any contact or negotiations that occurred before it was filed.

Sadly, and this is a little known nasty fact about lawyers, attorneys will deliberately evade settlement until the lawsuit is filed. They get a third of the settlement if it's settled before a lawsuit is filed, but 40% after a lawsuit has been filed.

Sounds like a red herring designed to establish a legal precedence in federal court for equating local law enforcement units as "soldiers".

Let's all hope and pray the Mitchell's don't win this case, at least not on the grounds that their 3rd Amendment rights were violated.

“obstructing justice”.
"conspired"

and some people wonder why others hate cops :up:

there is corruption in every police Dept. the bigger the Dept. the bigger the corruption.., take Shitcago for example.

Wonder why they waited two years ?

It is not unusual, and in fact very usual, for negotiations to take two years or more. As the statute of limitations approaches the plaintiff has to file the lawsuit or lose the capacity to bring the action at all. You are just hearing about the lawsuit being filed, but not any contact or negotiations that occurred before it was filed.

Sadly, and this is a little known nasty fact about lawyers, attorneys will deliberately evade settlement until the lawsuit is filed. They get a third of the settlement if it's settled before a lawsuit is filed, but 40% after a lawsuit has been filed.

Well, this one is a gem. I have go give the OP credit for finding this one even though they dude is a homo. For years (since 2000) I have noticed a sharp increase in the militarization of our cops. This is one I'll keep looking at.

Sounds like a red herring designed to establish a legal precedence in federal court for equating local law enforcement units as "soldiers".

Let's all hope and pray the Mitchell's don't win this case, at least not on the grounds that their 3rd Amendment rights were violated.

If people don't want cops equated with soldiers, then the government has to stop equipping them like soliders. They should be armed the same way the state/local government allows normal citizens to be armed.

It is not a red herring. The idea that they should be exempt from the third amendment because of the uniform they wear is asinine if you ask me. They are agents of the state and they DO NOT have the right to occupy your home.

I guess that you can shift this to being secure in your home but to be quite frank I think the 3rd connection here is not only justified but strong. What do you think changes if he is successful in that claim?

If people don't want cops equated with soldiers, then the government has to stop equipping them like soliders. They should be armed the same way the state/local government allows normal citizens to be armed.

SWAT teams have their place in our society.

What has no place is a backdoor to circumventing Posse Comitatus.

What has no place is any kind of backdoor to circumventing Posse Comitatus.

SWAT teams used to be an "oh crap" response to an occasional crime that required them. Now Police forces use them to guard parade routes.

The police are not an elevated class of citizen, nor are they supposed to be part of an army, but in most urban centers that is what they are becoming.

I would assume you are referring to DHS??

then there should be no backdoor to circumventing Insane Clown Posse either, which makes just as much sense as your argument

They should clean up, and I don't CARE on what grounds!

this should not be legal

i hope the homeowner wins and wins big

I would assume you are referring to DHS??

No, I'm referring to the dangers inherent in defining local and state law enforcement officers as "soldiers" -- a definition with the potential to increase federal oversight of such troops, which wouldn't necessarily be a good thing in all possible instances.

Besides, the case involves far stronger claims under the 4th and 14th Amendments, as well as various state claims under Nevada law, which means there's really no need for the Mitchell's attorneys to pursue such a potentially dangerous precedent. That family is headed for a well-deserved payday with or without the added drama.

Every person from the Chief of Police down to the unit's Supervisor needs to be removed from office.

This family should be able to take the homes that these people own, their retirements, their saving's bonds, their bank accounts, and 50% of what each and everyone of them will earn for the rest of their lives for what they did.

None should ever be allowed to work in Law Enforcement again.

Forum List

Back