Police BRUTALITY to The Max : Bomb Tallahasse instead of Syria

Can you come up with a single example of the police not being in total control of a routine situation?
You obviously have never seen well-trained, efficient police officers function in a similar situation.

There is a reason that woman's face looks the way it does and the reason is not brutality. It's poor training, stupidity, and inadequate supervision. That woman's face is evidence of incompetent policework.

It was just an accident. :badgrin:
I didn't suggest it was an accident, nor would I call it an accident, nor did I see any evidence of deliberate and malicious effort to injure or "brutalize" the woman. What I saw was a clumsy, incompetent effort by two obviously inept male police officers to restrain an intoxicated female, a deficit which I attribute to poor training and inadequate supervision.

It takes more than badges and uniforms to transform goons and backwoods yokels into efficient police officers. In this example, that woman could have been placed under arrest, restrained, and been on her way to booking within no more than five minutes -- while one of the other units present investigated the accident. The reason the incident was not handled that efficiently is exactly what accounts for the condition of that woman's face. Poor training and inadequate supervision.

You obviously have never seen well-trained, efficient police officers function in a similar situation.

There is a reason that woman's face looks the way it does and the reason is not brutality. It's poor training, stupidity, and inadequate supervision. That woman's face is evidence of incompetent policework.

I didn't suggest it was an accident, nor would I call it an accident, nor did I see any evidence of deliberate and malicious effort to injure or "brutalize" the woman. What I saw was a clumsy, incompetent effort by two obviously inept male police officers to restrain an intoxicated female, a deficit which I attribute to poor training and inadequate supervision.

It takes more than badges and uniforms to transform goons and backwoods yokels into efficient police officers. In this example, that woman could have been placed under arrest, restrained, and been on her way to booking within no more than five minutes -- while one of the other units present investigated the accident. The reason the incident was not handled that efficiently is exactly what accounts for the condition of that woman's face. Poor training and inadequate supervision.

The video is what is. Analysis of the most egregious police dealings serves no purpose. The police are experts at concealment, and If it couldn't have been so black-and-white like you say, we would never have seen it. That's why the police don't release videos of when they are obviously wrong. They slipped up releasing this one, probably because they got distracted by how cute the girl was at first.

If you are not familiar with behavior and intent of how this goes down, you can interpret it how you like, and there are always those that step up to support the police. Their technique usually starts when the police cuff someone and get close to the suspect and put weight on them. You can't see it, if you don't look carefully enough, but you'll come to recognize it if you want. That way whoever gives the least amount of resistance, if only a flex of a muscle or an unsteadiness like this woman, they can then jump on that person and, of course, it wasn't the police's fault.

Those that protest in the least with the police during an arrest are likely to see something like this. They make us obedient.

Last edited:
Unless it's a heinous crime, it is the responsibility of the police to always go to great lengths to ensure the safety of those that are obviously more fragile.

If this drunk didn't deserve to be beaten, the drunk should at the very least had her children taken away.

"The video was taken from the police car and shows the road side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject. "It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non aggressive arrestee. It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a liability lawsuit based on the content of the video."

Scott Maddox
City Commissioner
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...est-prompts-concern-from-prosecutors?gcheck=1
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...est-prompts-concern-from-prosecutors?gcheck=1

Have you ever heard of HIPAA? The public does not get access to your medical information until it is presented in a court of law, a public proceeding.

Well , you are legally correct.

State v. Salle-Green, 93 So.3d 1169, 37 Fla. L. Weekly D1853 (Fla.App. Dist.2 08/03/2012)

But I know that it her alcohol level was abnormal an unidentified party (wink,wink) would have leaked the information by now.

Last edited:

The video is what is. Analysis of the most egregious police dealings serves no purpose. The police are experts at concealment, and If it couldn't have been so black-and-white like you say, we would never have seen it. That's why the police don't release videos of when they are obviously wrong. They slipped up releasing this one, probably because they got distracted by how cute the girl was at first.

If you are not familiar with behavior and intent of how this goes down, you can interpret it how you like, and there are always those that step up to support the police. Their technique usually starts when the police cuff someone and get close to the suspect and put weight on them. You can't see it, if you don't look carefully enough, but you'll come to recognize it if you want. That way whoever gives the least amount of resistance, if only a flex of a muscle or an unsteadiness like this woman, they can then jump on that person and, of course, it wasn't the police's fault.
If you think I'm "stepping up to support the police" you're badly mistaken. I am no friend to excessively authoritarian conduct in any form. But unlike those who have personal cause to despise all police and are thus inclined to exaggerate, I know the difference between brutality and simple incompetence -- which this is a textbook example of.

But your assessment of why this video was made accessible is correct. Whoever released it is just as incompetent and as poorly trained as are the goons whose misfeasance it reveals. They have been trained to slam a subject face down, so that's what they do. It's "procedure." Because their only tool is a hammer they treat every subject like a nail -- and they think it's perfectly okay. Which is why the video was released. I suspect the Tallahassee PD is a "good ol' boy" organization.

I did not see one of those cops drive his knee onto the woman's head or neck, which is a very common example of covert brutality seen in many police videos I've watched. It is a circumstantially allowable way to unnecessarily assault a subject. If I saw that, or anything like that, I would consider it an example of brutality. But I didn't. Those two goons simply don't know any better. It took them a full minute or more to successfully handcuff a subdued woman when it should have taken no more than five seconds.

So the bottom line is if you consider this to be an example of police brutality you haven't seen any real ones.

Last edited:
The fact that the woman's story is in the media and the Police are investigating the incident indicates the freaking system works so there is no need for fake political or social outrage.

If there was a video of two guys beating the crap out of their drunk sister they would be in jail, not drawing a fucking paycheck. Until cops who do wrong are treated exactly the same as everyone else no one can claim the system works.

That poor woman is only an example of what will happen if the libertarians or the far reactionaries take control.

The cops need to go to prison.

You routinely describe me as both a far right reactionary libertarian, yet I consistently protest excessive force that you defend, but this is still my fault?

Every drunk has a story.

But no every drunk has an exculpatory video.

That is not an exculpatory video. She was drunk. She slammed a car into a house. She put her children in danger. Nothing in that video indicates those things did not happen.

ex•cul•pa•to•ry (ɪkˈskʌl pəˌtɔr i, -ˌtoʊr i)

adj.
tending to clear from a charge of fault or guilt.
exculpatory - definition of exculpatory by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

She was also charged with multiple counts of battery of a law enforcement officer, which makes the video exculpatory. It also explains why those chargers were dropped.

Last edited:
The main reason I keep nasty guns and other weapons is because I remember what the pigs did in Katrina and in situations like this. I know a time is coming that that same type of crap is going to be unleashed nationwide.

If you are going to throw big words around you need to learn their meanings because you clearly do not know them. There was a vid at the hospital? That was 'exculpatory?'

Have you ever heard of HIPAA? The public does not get access to your medical information until it is presented in a court of law, a public proceeding.

A blood draw during an arrest for DUI is not protected by HIPAA, which is why you routinely here numbers when reporters talk about accidents even before the case goes to court.

Last edited:
I watched the long, boring video and I can't say I saw any categorical brutality. .

Look at her face BEFORE and AFTER her face was slammed against the ground.

ASSUMING ASSUMING that he kicked the fucker' balls he deserved it . It's hard to keep cool when your facial bones have been fractured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That poor woman is only an example of what will happen if the libertarians or the far reactionaries take control.

The cops need to go to prison.

Wong again as per usual

Legalize Drunk Driving

But there’s a more fundamental point. What precisely is being criminalized? Not bad driving. Not destruction of property. Not the taking of human life or reckless endangerment. The crime is having the wrong substance in your blood. Yet it is possible, in fact, to have this substance in your blood, even while driving, and not commit anything like what has been traditionally called a crime."

We the People through our constitutional, electoral process that chooses legislatures, have the right to criminalize certain behavior in public.

Drink drive, as the Brits point out, is not brilliant.

You live in society, Comrade; that will never change.

"We the people" is not a license to make everything you disagree with illegal.

But no every drunk has an exculpatory video.

That is not an exculpatory video. She was drunk. She slammed a car into a house. She put her children in danger. Nothing in that video indicates those things did not happen.

ex•cul•pa•to•ry (ɪkˈskʌl pəˌtɔr i, -ˌtoʊr i)

adj.
tending to clear from a charge of fault or guilt.
exculpatory - definition of exculpatory by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Sunshine is 100% correct. The lady broke the law and was properly arrested, cuffed, and put in a car. When the police pulled her out of the car and acted like gestapo, they broke the law, and they will pay the price.

She is actually wrong because the video clearly show that the charges of battery and assault against the police were fabricated, which makes the video exculpatory.

If this drunk didn't deserve to be beaten, the drunk should at the very least had her children taken away.

"The video was taken from the police car and shows the road side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject. "It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non aggressive arrestee. It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a liability lawsuit based on the content of the video."

Scott Maddox
City Commissioner
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...est-prompts-concern-from-prosecutors?gcheck=1.
When this gets to court the cops' (PBA) lawyer is going to present a copy of that police department's training manual, which, like the training manuals of all contemporary police departments, instructs on "procedure" for subduing an arrest subject who resists being handcuffed. That "procedure" is universal and it calls for forcing the subject face down on the ground and twisting the subject's arms behind and down to apply the handcuffs.

So the standard defense when a brutality charge is made in such situations is "procedure" was being followed but the subject's own resistive struggling caused forceful contact with the ground. No blows were struck and no apparently excessive contact was made. "Procedure was followed." The brutality charge goes out the window. An accidental injury lawsuit is filed, the final award for which is substantially less, mainly because the plaintiff's own resistive behavior contributed to or caused the accident.

Another important factor in this incident which I have not seen mentioned is the fact that this woman crashed her car into a house while DUI, which could account for some, most, or all of the damage to her face. What we've seen is a booking photo. Are there any closeups of her face before she was taken into custody?

Sunshine is 100% correct. The lady broke the law and was properly arrested, cuffed, and put in a car. When the police pulled her out of the car and acted like gestapo, they broke the law, and they will pay the price.

She is actually wrong because the video clearly show that the charges of battery and assault against the police were fabricated, which makes the video exculpatory.
Maybe.

There are portions of that video which are dark and obscure. And while I am not suggesting the woman did kick or strike one or both cops, if the cops say she did assault them the obscure portions of the video could support their claim or introduce the reasonable possibility that she did. And you may rest assured the cops' lawyer will rely on that element.

Please don't presume I am supportive of those cops. I'm not. I am simply commenting objectively on what I saw in the video in relation to a reality I happen to be well acquainted with.

Forum List

Back