🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police officer fired for having confederate flag in yard

The Confederate Naval jack is no more racist than the Tooth Fairy, idiot.
yes, it is. from the first day it was flown it has been a symbol racism and oppression
No, you idiot, it was a symbol of a nations navy.

Why are you such a fucking retard? You think you can just make up facts and we all have to pretend that they are true somehow?

I doubt you even know what the Confederate flag looks like, ignoramus.

Why does that matter? I thought it was a first amendment right? Are you confused?
laugh.gif

Apparently, you're incredibly confused. The sad part is you don't even realize what a fool you're making of yourself. You actually seem to think appearing ignorant is funny. I guess that explains a lot.
Asslipias thinks that being a blithering idiot is something to be proud of?

what if she has a nazi flag on her lawn..? or a burning cross?

Did she?

if she did would you feel better about firing her and ignoring her supposed free speech right to do so?

I can bring up hypothetical questions all day long that nobody can prove. What if she did this? What if she did that? What if she did the other thing, but that would be completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, now, wouldn't it?

yeeeah i'm the one who doesn't know how to formulate an argument. :laugh:

I completely agree

yes, it is. from the first day it was flown it has been a symbol racism and oppression
no, there was never a confederate nation.

secondly, every single person that fought under that flag fought to preserve the institution of slavery.

it was and always has been a symbol of racism and oppression

Imaging the hell democrats would be raising if a muslim employee was fired for flying a star and crescent or other islamic flag. Obama would probably get involved in that outrageous act of a muslim having his civil rights violated.

A bit of a tough one that would have to be decided on legality. It was in her yard not on her patrol car. But does the police department have the right to require officers to uphold a standard that presents neutrality to the public in all things. It is freedom of speech but I'd guess an employer can require employees to not wear say a confederate flag shirt to work or any confederate flag patch or emblem as it would be offensive to other employees and customers.

And what if it were a KKK flag, or an Isis flag, or an old Soviet Union flag. One for the lawyers and the judges.

How it is justified for an employer to fire someone for something that they only do at home seems tricky at best anyway.

Where is our privacy if we can lose our jobs, and our homes for doing something that is nobody elses business?

there is nothing noble about that traitors' rag and there never has been anything noble about it
According to USA law, the Confederate soldiers are US military veterans and all symbols of their fight are to be respected. They are not considered 'traitors' any more by the US government or US military, you ignorant piece of shyte.

Look, the confederate flag mostly stands for rednecks with big trucks. I think they should just make a new flag that has good old southern things like a mobile home and a truck up on blocks...but is the flag a danger to you? nah, only in poor taste.
The so-called Confederate flag is actually the Confederate Naval jack and had nothing to do with slavery or the confederate government. It was a signal flag designating what nation it was a part of and nothing more.

The Flags of The Confederate States of America

Other flags of the Confederacy : Patriotic Flags, Online Flag Store

Last edited:
no, there was never a confederate nation.

secondly, every single person that fought under that flag fought to preserve the institution of slavery.

it was and always has been a symbol of racism and oppression

You could probably find racism and oppression under many flags of the world, including the American flag. There will probably come a time when it will be politically incorrect to fly the stars and stripes. And the way things are going, that time won't be too long from now.

You have hardly demonstrated an advanced level of intelligence in this discussion or virtually any other discussion you have participated in at this forum.
At no time did I ever claim what my circle of friends thought of the Confederate flag. In fact, I don't even know because I don't waste my time getting upset over a flag on someone's private property because it's none of my business. I'm not a delicate little snowflake like you. There are more important things in life than constantly dwelling on anger and hatred. You might want to give it a try some time.
Damn, Taz, you are on a roll tonight!

Did you eat a second bowl of Wheaties or sumpin?

they might - but again that opinion is not valid. there are not facts to support it. there are plenty that contradict it.
Bullshit, t here are no facts that link a naval signal flag to the ideology of racism, the problem is that someone fed you that lie and you are too stupid to figure out that it is a lie.

i don't care if they are all racists or not - the flag is a symbol of racism and hate. it always has been.
No it has not been.

Evidence to the contrary:
1. use of the flag was strictly on Confederate Naval ships when it had an official use.
2. In popular culture it was always a symbol of rebelliousness, hence its popularity in various places around the globe, and why Stalinists like you particularly loathe it.
3. That racist morons use it as a symbol of something it has nothing to do with proves nothing other than their own ignorance.

All those years of affirmative action and you blacks still can't compete with whites. You get a 100 meter head start in a race and still finish 2nd out of 2.
You do realize that getting into the racism cesspool with Asslipias only smears you as he is already covered in the shit right?

Forum List

Back